Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Gambling Games Discussion about other gambling games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #76
APEppink
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheDonkey View Post
Was not talking about $ won/loss overall (thought I made that very clear) but win percentage.



It SHOULD NOT change whether you're playing small or big, the odds of the game do not change with bet size. Yes, I realize it's a -EV game.
If the game's fair, not gaffed, that's just variance, standard deviation, biting you in the butt.
If.
APEppink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:39 PM   #77
Davino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Davino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 6,408
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Bovada BJ is the most rigged thing I have ever seen.
Davino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #78
The_Kid_Stu
enthusiast
 
The_Kid_Stu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: G.A
Posts: 82
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

stick to sports betting on bovada. its the only thing they cant entirely rig 100%. as for desktop software (table games, and even the poker) stay the **** away. There is a reason they operate off-shore to keep out of the hair of the FEDS and stay low-key. They are criminals looking to pick your wallets clean. The blackjack is to trick you they want you to go in there and suck your money out really fast. I did a test deposited $50 for blackjack on bovada got the bonus and everything. They ****ed me right up the ass. Dealer never bust maybe bust 1 out of 50 hands. Dealer hits blackjack 3-5 times more than the player.. they will let you go on a little tiny streak before they **** you. They will throw you a bunch of 14's and 16's and they dealer will never bust. Once you eventually start hitting some 18 and 19's. The dealer will always 1 up you. Stay away for your own good this is a warning.
The_Kid_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #79
Blackchipsmatter
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 101
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

back when it was bodog, i was playing 3 card poker on it, and won over $1000! straight flush right when i bet big on the pair plus. that said, I wouldnt play it too seriously at all, and i quit online gambling right after that win
Blackchipsmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:19 AM   #80
Sally Utley
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

The biggest mistakes people have when playing BJ is that they don't have money management skills.

Let's play hypothetical with the crowd here.

You bet $25 on your first hand and you win......... What are you betting on the next hand and why?
Sally Utley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:14 AM   #81
OmahaFanatical4
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,128
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Nothing because my expectation is negative and I like money.
OmahaFanatical4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #82
Neil S
King of the sidebar
 
Neil S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,639
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Utley View Post
The biggest mistakes people have when playing BJ is that they don't have money management skills.

Let's play hypothetical with the crowd here.

You bet $25 on your first hand and you win......... What are you betting on the next hand and why?
What's the count?
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:00 AM   #83
OmahaFanatical4
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,128
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

0 they shuffle every hand
OmahaFanatical4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:47 AM   #84
TigerPawsSC
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 49
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Bovada is offering a 100-percent re-load bonus up to $250 with a 25x rollover. I deposited $250 to get the $250, then another $250.

It's important to do this way, by the way, because the rollover is on the bonus plus deposit. Even if they're only awarding a match for the first $250, they would make the rollover for $750 x 25 if you made the full deposit. So if you want more, break it into two.

Now, I just had an absurd run. I'm cashing out $7700 right now.

I've lost a lot of money in Bovada's casino. And I think there are some hijinks up with it usually. You will see the dealer make more 21s with bust cards in Bovada's blackjack game than anywhere. I would believe you if you told me they didn't manipulate the edge of the game, but gaffed it in some way to create more frustrating "near-win" situations that keep the player coming back for more.

I know Omaha writes off this possibility in this thread, but I don't. I'm not sure on what basis an offshore casino, unregulated, can be trusted in this regard. But I digress.

They did not clip me tonight.

I will say to keep an eye on that rollover requirement. Something is certainly up with Bovada's rollover calculation. I was playing $50 hand blackjack, standard game. I looked at my account and saw I needed to roll over $2200 more dollars at that point. I think I was up to around $1500, so I decided to just let the $50 bets ride and see if I could outlast the rollover. Do the math, obviously, and that's 44 bets.

I counted them down. And I wasn't even counting doubles, splits, etc as more money (because I think I've figured out that Bovada doesn't count it for rollover purposes).

And I got to the 44th hand, excited to be right at $1500. Checked my account and I still had $800 to roll over. My hypothesis is that they do not count push hands. I had quite a few pushes during that 44-hand span (didn't think it was quite 16 of them, but not out of the realm of possibility). And that's literally the only thing that makes sense (even though it is ****ED) unless they are flat out cheating people on rollover.

If anyone else takes Bovada up on that bonus, please be aware.
TigerPawsSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 AM   #85
GAMBLE1
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

don't do it. Bovada is extremely croked with the rng of their blackjack..yes they need to show a win or two with someone but I have all the proof you need to stay away from them... I played just over 45,000 hands in 7 weeks. I lost an emense amount of money and noticed the unfair(rigged if you will) RNG of their blackjack I asked them to send me my hand history. they would only give me 900 hands. called and asked again.. they told me it was difficult.. over 4 weeks time I still hadn't got my hand history. so I went through just 900 hands and here are your stats... dealer back jacks dealt, 3 to 1....dealer 20 2 to 1....dealer low cards up 2.3.4.5.6 turns 9.10. or 11 7 of 10 times...dealer hits 2 or 3 cards to push or win 6 of 10, my splits winning 50/50 win 1 lose 1.. double downs of 10 and 11 lose 7 out of 10, YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE, DEALER MORE THAN 6 TIMES HIT 4 CARDS TO 21 OF THE SAME SUIT OF THE SAME NUMBER IN THE SAME SEQUENTIAL ORDER TO WIN WITH 21 AGAINST MY 20, 20,.. I CALLED AGAIN AND BROUGHT THIS TO THEIR ATTENTION. THEY obviously tried dancing around it..so I sent them a link on an RNG investigation that was done on them.. if you want more info email me @ snapcall1@yahoo.com BASTARDS CLOSED MY ACCT AND WONT SEND ME MY HAND HISTORY
GAMBLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:45 AM   #86
GAMBLE1
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

TO THE EXTREME
GAMBLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #87
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 4,949
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLE1 View Post
..I played just over 45,000 hands in 7 weeks. I lost an emense amount of money
Umm, wouldn't that be the normal expectation in an uncountable game with continuous shuffle? Duh.

At a 1% HE, in 45000 hands you should lose about 450 times your average wager. And if you don't play perfectly, more than that.
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:08 AM   #88
TigerPawsSC
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 49
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLE1 View Post
don't do it. Bovada is extremely croked with the rng of their blackjack..yes they need to show a win or two with someone but I have all the proof you need to stay away from them... I played just over 45,000 hands in 7 weeks. I lost an emense amount of money and noticed the unfair(rigged if you will) RNG of their blackjack I asked them to send me my hand history. they would only give me 900 hands. called and asked again.. they told me it was difficult.. over 4 weeks time I still hadn't got my hand history. so I went through just 900 hands and here are your stats... dealer back jacks dealt, 3 to 1....dealer 20 2 to 1....dealer low cards up 2.3.4.5.6 turns 9.10. or 11 7 of 10 times...dealer hits 2 or 3 cards to push or win 6 of 10, my splits winning 50/50 win 1 lose 1.. double downs of 10 and 11 lose 7 out of 10, YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE, DEALER MORE THAN 6 TIMES HIT 4 CARDS TO 21 OF THE SAME SUIT OF THE SAME NUMBER IN THE SAME SEQUENTIAL ORDER TO WIN WITH 21 AGAINST MY 20, 20,.. I CALLED AGAIN AND BROUGHT THIS TO THEIR ATTENTION. THEY obviously tried dancing around it..so I sent them a link on an RNG investigation that was done on them.. if you want more info email me @ snapcall1@yahoo.com BASTARDS CLOSED MY ACCT AND WONT SEND ME MY HAND HISTORY
I will say I believe almost anything is possible with Bovada. Once, after an especially egregious session (when I was much younger), I called to complain. And I told them I'd gotten ****ed.

They tried to justify the play--"You and the dealer both got 23 blackjacks!" (don't remember the exact number, but they claimed it was equal).

I thought for a second, ****, maybe they're right. Then remembered, OH YEAH, I've been playing 3 hands. They could have said something to the effect of "Well, blackjack has a house edge of _____," so your expected return is blah blah blah. Instead they tried to bull**** me.

I do not understand the benefit of the doubt given to a company that takes extreme measures to not be regulated in its attempts to take money from people as a business model.

With that said, if the game is not gaffed, I have to think the new bonus is probably +EV.
TigerPawsSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 AM   #89
browni3141
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,111
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPawsSC View Post
Bovada is offering a 100-percent re-load bonus up to $250 with a 25x rollover. I deposited $250 to get the $250, then another $250.

It's important to do this way, by the way, because the rollover is on the bonus plus deposit. Even if they're only awarding a match for the first $250, they would make the rollover for $750 x 25 if you made the full deposit. So if you want more, break it into two.

Now, I just had an absurd run. I'm cashing out $7700 right now.

I've lost a lot of money in Bovada's casino. And I think there are some hijinks up with it usually. You will see the dealer make more 21s with bust cards in Bovada's blackjack game than anywhere. I would believe you if you told me they didn't manipulate the edge of the game, but gaffed it in some way to create more frustrating "near-win" situations that keep the player coming back for more.

I know Omaha writes off this possibility in this thread, but I don't. I'm not sure on what basis an offshore casino, unregulated, can be trusted in this regard. But I digress.

They did not clip me tonight.

I will say to keep an eye on that rollover requirement. Something is certainly up with Bovada's rollover calculation. I was playing $50 hand blackjack, standard game. I looked at my account and saw I needed to roll over $2200 more dollars at that point. I think I was up to around $1500, so I decided to just let the $50 bets ride and see if I could outlast the rollover. Do the math, obviously, and that's 44 bets.

I counted them down. And I wasn't even counting doubles, splits, etc as more money (because I think I've figured out that Bovada doesn't count it for rollover purposes).

And I got to the 44th hand, excited to be right at $1500. Checked my account and I still had $800 to roll over. My hypothesis is that they do not count push hands. I had quite a few pushes during that 44-hand span (didn't think it was quite 16 of them, but not out of the realm of possibility). And that's literally the only thing that makes sense (even though it is ****ED) unless they are flat out cheating people on rollover.

If anyone else takes Bovada up on that bonus, please be aware.
I have checked that any money you put on the table counts for the rollover, including doubles/splits. On Ignition, at least, only 60% of your blackjack play counts towards rollover. If you bet $100, you clear $60 of your rollover. I don't know if it's the same on Bovada as I only play on Ignition since poker moved over there.

Also, everybody that thinks Bovada is rigged is clearly just butthurt about losing.
browni3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #90
JumboTron
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

I tallied up streaks without a win on 10,000 hand blackjack hand history report at Bovada (six deck bj, followed Wizard of Odds strategy closely). Here's what I found. Seem rigged?
5 in a row = 70 times
6 in a row = 44 times
7 in a row = 43 times
8 in a row = 22 times
9 in a row = 16 times
10 in a row = 5 times
11 in a row = 5 times
12 in a row = 2 times
13 in row = 3 times
14 in a row = 1 time
15 in a row = 1 time
17 in a row = 2 times
22 in a row = 1 time (included 3 draws)
31 in a row = 1 time (included 5 draws)
JumboTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #91
Professionalpoker
 
Professionalpoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @propoker
Posts: 15,934
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Where is the comparative chart of win streaks?
Professionalpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #92
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 4,949
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboTron View Post
I tallied up streaks without a win on 10,000 hand blackjack hand history report at Bovada (six deck bj, followed Wizard of Odds strategy closely). Here's what I found. Seem rigged?
5 in a row = 70 times
6 in a row = 44 times
7 in a row = 43 times
8 in a row = 22 times
9 in a row = 16 times
10 in a row = 5 times
11 in a row = 5 times
12 in a row = 2 times
13 in row = 3 times
14 in a row = 1 time
15 in a row = 1 time
17 in a row = 2 times
22 in a row = 1 time (included 3 draws)
31 in a row = 1 time (included 5 draws)
Your streaks under 15 in a row are unremarkable and not worth the math. In 10,000 hands, the chance of a streak of 15 losses is 66% (more if you don't play perfectly). It will happen most of the time. And the smaller streaks will happen very frequently. For the longer streaks, assuming you play perfectly, and have the most favorable rules possible (3:2, DA2, DAS, S17, LS), the chances are below. I don't know their rules, but these figures can go up with less than favorable rules.

streak of 17 losses - 30% chance within 10K hands
streak of 22 - 2.2%
streak of 31 - 0.02% (1 in 6250)

And since it's unlikely you played perfect basic strategy, these numbers may be higher for that reason too.
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #93
tx_noodlelRiver
enthusiast
 
tx_noodlelRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 62
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldGuy View Post
Your streaks under 15 in a row are unremarkable and not worth the math.

a streak of 17 losses - 30% chance within 10K hands
a streak of 22 - 2.2%
streak of 31 - 0.02% (1 in 6250)

And since it's unlikely you played perfect basic strategy, these numbers may be higher for that reason too.
30% chance = 70% unlikely
2.2% chance = 97.8 % unlikely
.02% chance = very unlikely

What are the chances that a random loser in BJ checks his last 10K hands and finds he had a streak of 31 losses ?
.02% = VERY UNLIKELY.


BTW I have some hand history that I just received from them in excel format a few days ago. I was very very polite as to not imply there was anything funny about it even though I believe there is. Of course, it is possible that this how randomness appears to me but I have played a **** ton of poker and BJ and this did not appear the same. I realize a brain is unable to determine if something is truly random, but I believe you should be able to tell when events stop being random (seeing random patterns in the randomness) to pattern recognition (seeing a pattern or sequence that is somewhat predictable) . I will try to format them.. Not sure how many they sent me
tx_noodlelRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #94
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,099
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

I deposited 1k on Ignition to play for their 1k welcome bonus. Had to deposit another $500 at some point. I played perfect basic strategy, playing 3 spots at $10/spot. Needed to play 25x thru. I made it through 70% of my pay through requirements before going flat ****ing broke. Lost all $2500 (my $1500 and their $1k). What are the odds of this happening? Btw, 0% chance of ever making a bs mistake.
Double Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #95
browni3141
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,111
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
I deposited 1k on Ignition to play for their 1k welcome bonus. Had to deposit another $500 at some point. I played perfect basic strategy, playing 3 spots at $10/spot. Needed to play 25x thru. I made it through 70% of my pay through requirements before going flat ****ing broke. Lost all $2500 (my $1500 and their $1k). What are the odds of this happening? Btw, 0% chance of ever making a bs mistake.
How much do you have to make in wagers to clear the rollover? I'll call it 2800 hands. It's close enough for an estimate.

I get about 5.3% RoR there using a calculator which comes with Casino Verite, if I did everything right.

Edit: I think I made a mistake. It should be 8.76%? The first time I did a sim and it gave 12.9/100 SD, which seems too low for three-handed. Based on the following page, I used the calculator again putting in 26.32 units/100 for the SD, -.53 units/100 win-rate, 250 unit bankroll and 2800 hands.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/appendix/4/

Last edited by browni3141; 10-12-2016 at 04:10 PM.
browni3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:23 AM   #96
dinomack
centurion
 
dinomack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: cc-hc-poker-olc
Posts: 198
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

I've been playing blackjack on bovada since 2014, everything was fine and dandy until this year,I'll post my result for the year at the end of this post.

First of all, I counted cards for a few years and I'm a winning player.so playing basic strategy is not a concern,I can do that in my sleep. I have decent understanding when it comes to gambling.

My 2016's results are below -2 SD,and I understand that this is still within the mathematical range,I just want to share my results here,so if anyone that play on bovada and have a reasonable sample size (like mine) can you please post your result here.

If this is just me or handful of people experiencing this kinda result,then it just me running bad, if lots players had similar results then......

Here is my results to date: running ~7k under EV
1/1-10/16
bonus:15700
wager:1,013,680 ( ~100,000 hands)
EV: 10900
1SD: 7505 to 14303
2SD: 4105 to 17703
dinomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #97
tx_noodlelRiver
enthusiast
 
tx_noodlelRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 62
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

What is a statistic that would be useful to look for in all of these hands?
tx_noodlelRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #98
Let me help you
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
stay away from Bovada

I am a V.I.P player at Bovada and would just like to inform anyone who might be considering joining or contemplating playing blackjack. I gamble lots. Been to more casinos than anyone I know. The odds are against you, there's no doubt about that. However, Bovada blackjack is something from another world. I really hope you take my word for it but if you insist, be careful. It's so rigged it's sickening.No regulations = no winning. Mark my words.
Let me help you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #99
JumboTron
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

Took a look through bovada blackjack hand history for about 18,500 hands. I had a total of 59 instances in which I went 10+ hands in a row w/o a win, worst streak was 31.

In comparison, there were 26 times I won 10+ hands in a row with the vast majority of those streaks coming on bets of under $10 (best streak was 20). Only 5 of those streaks w/o a loss were on bets of $25+ and out of those, I had a 15 streak immediately followed by winning only 2 of the next 15, an 11 streak followed by winning 1 of the next 11, a 12 streak followed by winning only 2 of the next 12 and a 10 streak followed by winning only 2 of the next 15.
JumboTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #100
Mobcasinos
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Re: Bovada blackjack? (client vs. website)

I think it's just in your head. I didn't find any difference between the two. Bovada is even endorse by other forum site aside from Wizard of Odds.
Mobcasinos is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online