Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Notices

Business, Finance, and Investing Making money, investing in markets, and running businesses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #331
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thatpfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: thedailydunk.com
Posts: 8,552
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

An app that accesses your facebook and auto sends a birthday message to your friends. can put friends in tiers of importance and then send a basic wall post, text message, or remind you to call them.
thatpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #332
Pooh-Bah
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,845
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipchip View Post
to get back to a burger restaurant, apparantly according to new research, people who ear 40-60k a year in the US go the most to mcdonalds.
Is this the type of joint you are talking about? These guys are extremely successful here in Cali.
swd805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #333
In My Own Mind
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT Goat
Posts: 29,129
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

I cant find this anywhere and I want it.

A blue-tooth reciever with a microphone and an aux out that converts any car radio with a aux in to essentially a bluetooth enabled car.

It would be a reciever with a microphone attached, the microphone would mount somewhere on the dash, with the reciever under the dash somewhere connected to the back of the radio.

If this does not exist it should asap. I would pay up to $150-$200 and it should cost a fraction of that to make.
Larry Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #334
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Great thread. I'll add one:

It really really bothers me how many bad barbers there are throughout the US. There are so many people who cut hair that have no idea what they are doing... it's actually quite sad. I would say that I'm unhappy with about 70-75% of the haircuts I get. This is such a big problem in my life that I always get a haircut 1 week before a big event, just because I know it is going to turn out badly.

Recently, however, I found a barber who I actually truly like. Full English, takes his time with the cut, and is extremely personal. I was thinking to myself, "Why did it take so long for me to find this savior?" What about a website that's kind of like "Yelp for Barbers." The questions/ratings can be specifically for haircutting attributes (so that it's actually different from Yelp).

Iono.. the output can be different, but I still would love to see a website that somehow helped people find the best barbers in town (with a thorough description). I thought this problem was just me, but most of my guy friends really hate the haircuts they get too.
dagger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #335
In My Own Mind
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT Goat
Posts: 29,129
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Luckily 99% of people I go to know know how to do a "2"
Larry Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #336
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 722
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger25 View Post
Great thread. I'll add one:

It really really bothers me how many bad barbers there are throughout the US. There are so many people who cut hair that have no idea what they are doing... it's actually quite sad. I would say that I'm unhappy with about 70-75% of the haircuts I get. This is such a big problem in my life that I always get a haircut 1 week before a big event, just because I know it is going to turn out badly.

Recently, however, I found a barber who I actually truly like. Full English, takes his time with the cut, and is extremely personal. I was thinking to myself, "Why did it take so long for me to find this savior?" What about a website that's kind of like "Yelp for Barbers." The questions/ratings can be specifically for haircutting attributes (so that it's actually different from Yelp).

Iono.. the output can be different, but I still would love to see a website that somehow helped people find the best barbers in town (with a thorough description). I thought this problem was just me, but most of my guy friends really hate the haircuts they get too.
Go to yelp and search for "hair cut" or "hair salon" Plenty of hits and reviews
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #337
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr3w321 View Post
Go to yelp and search for "hair cut" or "hair salon" Plenty of hits and reviews
I've obviously done this plenty of times. There are still a tremendous amount of people who end up being bad/unattentive.

I think it's a mixture of:
-lack of English fluency
-lack of attention to detail
-not being able to handle many people waiting (which results in quick/less precise cuts)
-overall inability to cut hair (there are plenty of people who just get hired out of nowhere)

Also, the biggest thing to note is that Yelp ratings focus on the salon as a whole.
Sometimes I will go to a "highly-rated" salon on Yelp but I end up getting one of the crappy barbers. This is why I want my review site to be focused specifically on the barbers themselves.
(So instead of a review for "Supercuts," you get a review for "Gina from Supercuts")
dagger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #338
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 61,615
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

This obviously is a ridiculous tangent but I don't know where else to put it. It would be cool to see a Nascar pit crew side by side racing with say someone putting on and tying his shoes. Obviously you need to pick something close timing-wise but that seems trivial.

Maybe there could be a TV show for stuff like this.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #339
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,832
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr3w321 View Post
Go to yelp and search for "hair cut" or "hair salon" Plenty of hits and reviews
The problem with Yelp is that the people giving reviews usually don't know what the **** they're talking about.
elus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #340
old hand
 
Recliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Left hanging
Posts: 1,807
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt0ne View Post
This is an example of why I use a notebook as often as possible rather than try to a) remember my ideas, or b) jot a note in my phone. It should be big enough that you can read the text if you click the bar to see full size. Also, I'm sure you can make some spot-on generalizations based on my handwriting sample.

This idea is 100% ripped from the lifehacker workout series.

Have different levels of difficulty. Give away the first level for free and make people pay for the more difficult levels. Have ads targeting the different levels. Level 1 diet pills and books, Level 2 gym memberships, Level 3 supplements. Figure out some kind of point system. Let people compete against friends.
Recliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #341
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

I always thought an online eschew service for ppl that have less then steller reps would be a good idea. Obv trusted players wouldn't need the service but the eschew could collect money from two parties that don't trust eachother, then carry out the transfer. If one party balked then the money would be returned. The service would be provided by a small fee to both parties. Thoughts?
idontpooop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #342
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stinkypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere
Posts: 12,233
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

es·chew   [es-choo]
verb (used with object)
to abstain or keep away from; shun; avoid: to eschew evil.
stinkypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #343
adept
 
Pinocchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: balancing preflop folding ranges
Posts: 798
Re: Your ideas are worthless, and I'm here to prove it

i had an idea before falling asleep last night. it was buying % of people when they are young and cashing in after they have accumulated money.

ie. give someone money now on the prospect of their future earnings. not sure how it would work.
Pinocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #344
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
crashjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Smokin crack til stars comes back
Posts: 11,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
i had an idea before falling asleep last night. it was buying % of people when they are young and cashing in after they have accumulated money.

ie. give someone money now on the prospect of their future earnings. not sure how it would work.
My rich uncle did exactly this. iirc my rich uncle was a victim of the credit crisis of 2007.
crashjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #345
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 8,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
I cant find this anywhere and I want it.

A blue-tooth reciever with a microphone and an aux out that converts any car radio with a aux in to essentially a bluetooth enabled car.

It would be a reciever with a microphone attached, the microphone would mount somewhere on the dash, with the reciever under the dash somewhere connected to the back of the radio.

If this does not exist it should asap. I would pay up to $150-$200 and it should cost a fraction of that to make.
Yes, it exists.
rothko is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive