I'm approaching the launch of a web app that I've been working on for about a year, and I'm looking for some feedback on it.
The app is a web-based investigation management/reporting/auditing system for retail loss prevention and security. My plan is to market it as SAAS. I realize that a lot of people won't have experience in that field, but I think feedback from an unfamiliar perspective may be very valuable.
In return, I'll
(1) gladly answer any questions you may have about any part of developing/marketing/whatever; and
(2) if there's any interest, provide updates about what's happening on the business side of things and what I learn along the way.
A quick overview:
There are 5 main parts to the system.
1. A case management system -- used to track and maintain ongoing investigations.
2. A case reporting system -- used for reporting/documenting incidents (usually after resolution, often will be to report a case managed in the case mgmt system).
3. An auditing tool -- A risk assessment tool. Audits can be customized for practically anything.
4. An alert broadcast system -- A system for quickly disseminating intelligence, based on geographic proximity. Users are notified by text message and/or email when an alert is broadcasted.
5. A mobile web app -- access critical information, approve cases, etc. from a smart phone.
I don't really have any particular areas of focus for feedback. Really, anything that you think of will be helpful in some way.
Here's how to get in:
A few notes:
-The communications features (email, text messaging, etc.) have been disabled. Seemed like a bad idea.
-The app is set up on a server running for precisely this purpose. Feel free to play around with it as much as you like, the whole thing can be entirely reset in about 15 minutes. That's also why there's no domain name tied to it.
-Some will probably notice that SSL isn't setup. In actual use it would be. It didn't seem worth the effort to setup a secure connection when the entire world can just login and see what's there.
-The mobile version is web based, no need to download anything. Most phones will automatically redirect to it by going to the main site. If not, just go to: http://18.104.22.168/m/
-The twoplustwo account has full administrator access, so you'll be able to play around with the admin stuff, add new users, etc.
-Only the actual app is online -- what a current customer would use. None of this would be used for marketing/promotion, etc.
Thanks in advance.