Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #1076
dumanis
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Taipei
Posts: 730
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Tom is now headsup with fish2013
dumanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #1077
ggyy1414
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

http://us.sinaimg.cn/002VN20Wjx079Bo...unistore,video
hey tom
ggyy1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #1078
sixgod
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416
Posts: 25
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

he finished 2nd place
sixgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #1079
mrno1324
old hand
 
mrno1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,816
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggyy1414 View Post
back to the dungeon...
mrno1324 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:35 AM   #1080
LektorAJ
Pooh-Bah
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 5,804
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDABES View Post
How mysterious he somehow remains in this day in age is ****ing fascinating to me.
Meh, people can still diasppear pretty well if they just get off social media.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #1081
Scroobius
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 188
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessChillyPlumageTebowing

Jason Somerville describing Tom as the most paranoid person he's ever met. Also recounts Negreanu telling him a hilarious story about Tom's paranoia.

Find the whole thing really sad, tbh. Always seemed a happy, rational young man back in the day.
Scroobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #1082
Khool30
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Is it possible to rewind the stream? Thanks
Khool30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #1083
sixgod
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416
Posts: 25
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroobius View Post
https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessChillyPlumageTebowing

Jason Somerville describing Tom as the most paranoid person he's ever met. Also recounts Negreanu telling him a hilarious story about Tom's paranoia.

Find the whole thing really sad, tbh. Always seemed a happy, rational young man back in the day.
tom doesnt seem paranoid on live streams
sixgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #1084
youriw21
grinder
 
youriw21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 588
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Paranoid in which way?
youriw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #1085
IMDABES
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,847
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LektorAJ View Post
Meh, people can still diasppear pretty well if they just get off social media.
more so meant his poker success or failure being such a mystery. You would think the guys at the top would know, but have literally heard hes balls deep in makeup and that hes taking private jets and winning 30mm in a session.
IMDABES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #1086
youriw21
grinder
 
youriw21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 588
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadLightly View Post


chinese ppl seem to love dwan, keep spamming his name in the stream chat, can't read anything so I suppose they could be hating on him just as much
youriw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #1087
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,391
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by youriw21 View Post
Paranoid in which way?
Read his Twitter. I think the whole FTP disaster just broke him. He didn't realise how tied his success was with FTP and once it all went away something broke. All pure speculation obv
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #1088
IMDABES
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,847
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg View Post
Read his Twitter. I think the whole FTP disaster just broke him. He didn't realise how tied his success was with FTP and once it all went away something broke. All pure speculation obv
Seen taking private jets out of Cabo and reportedly playing 8 figure pots on the reg, and passing million dollar debts with rich macau dudes "like ****ing water" (according to PH). Such a sad story.
IMDABES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #1089
Emyz11
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

He's still in macau, he does well yesterday was the second in the tournament won 250k

http://imgur.com/a/L6rBk




http://imgur.com/a/xDUmE

Full story here

https://www.highstakesdb.com/7707-mi...-dwan-2nd.aspx
Emyz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #1090
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,636
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

doesn't look like he wants to be there at all in those photos lol
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #1091
ReSpOnSe
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 50
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

does anyone have a replay of the live stream?
ReSpOnSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #1092
chip&aprayer
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

I'd like to see replay also. No stream recorded?
chip&aprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #1093
TreadLightly
old hand
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 1,621
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

No idea how douyu works since it is all in chinese and has a bunch of clickable cartoon buttons , maybe if you just click around on the stream that was linked and you will find past broadcasts or find someone who speaks the language
TreadLightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #1094
shanest
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 300
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

good to see his fashion sense hasn't changed
shanest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #1095
MacauChris
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Macau
Posts: 158
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

http://list.youku.com/albumlist/show...Drama.5~5~H3~A

All the replays are available on the play list link above. Unfortunately, we only have Chinese commentators available. Enjoy.
MacauChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #1096
Khool30
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacauChris View Post
http://list.youku.com/albumlist/show...Drama.5~5~H3~A

All the replays are available on the play list link above. Unfortunately, we only have Chinese commentators available. Enjoy.


Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Khool30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #1097
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,391
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDABES View Post
Seen taking private jets out of Cabo and reportedly playing 8 figure pots on the reg, and passing million dollar debts with rich macau dudes "like ****ing water" (according to PH). Such a sad story.
Yeah lets all believe some random PH story lol.

Anyway, either TD is broke af or he's a scamming scumbag, pick one.
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #1098
TreadLightly
old hand
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 1,621
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg View Post
Yeah lets all believe some random PH story lol.

Anyway, either TD is broke af or he's a scamming scumbag, pick one.
Why not both?
He could be printing money in macau with a backing deal from one of his billionare sports betting friends (phua) - him and ivey helped put up money to bail him out of jail in nevada yrs ago so they must be at least friends further than the memes people make.

He could, like most people with money, also feel he doesn't owe jungle $$$ cause of the way full tilt went down + his "big problem" could have been them saying they would put up some or all of the prize $$$ for jungle in the case that dwan lost. Plus I mean jungle has been saying Dwan has agreed to play more hands for like 2 years now? So it seems like jungle isn't doing himself any favours by letting Tom string him along further and further.
The haralabos thing I have no idea since we don't have more details / confirmation but I'm sure theres some hypothetical you could make up for it.


Just hypotheticals I'm more on the line of dwan probably being a degen scammer but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a decent chunk of money but was also greedy / justifying why he shouldn't pay some people in his head.
TreadLightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #1099
LektorAJ
Pooh-Bah
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 5,804
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDABES View Post
more so meant his poker success or failure being such a mystery. You would think the guys at the top would know, but have literally heard hes balls deep in makeup and that hes taking private jets and winning 30mm in a session.
But poker isn't a sport.

It's like how well do you know if the people in your home town/state who present themselves as businessmen made/lost, 7/8 figures of their own/other people's money last year? How well do the other people "at the top" know that and are willing to gossip about it?
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #1100
bbfg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,391
Re: Tom Dwan - the missing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadLightly View Post
Why not both?
He could be printing money in macau with a backing deal from one of his billionare sports betting friends (phua) - him and ivey helped put up money to bail him out of jail in nevada yrs ago so they must be at least friends further than the memes people make.

He could, like most people with money, also feel he doesn't owe jungle $$$ cause of the way full tilt went down + his "big problem" could have been them saying they would put up some or all of the prize $$$ for jungle in the case that dwan lost. Plus I mean jungle has been saying Dwan has agreed to play more hands for like 2 years now? So it seems like jungle isn't doing himself any favours by letting Tom string him along further and further.
The haralabos thing I have no idea since we don't have more details / confirmation but I'm sure theres some hypothetical you could make up for it.


Just hypotheticals I'm more on the line of dwan probably being a degen scammer but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a decent chunk of money but was also greedy / justifying why he shouldn't pay some people in his head.
My point is that if he has money he is doing a terrible job of not communicating his POV/why he is not paying. There are very few legit excuses left if someone is being accused of being a scammer left and right for over 5 years and he isn't defending himself. The only thing it could be is some sort of legal issue but I'm going to guess we would've hurt echoes of that if that were the case.
bbfg is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online