Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,882
Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session (Goes 115 hours)

I received this press release this morning in my email


Phil Laak to Attempt New Poker Endurance World Record at Bellagio in Las Vegas

Las Vegas, Nevada May 19, 2010 – Poker professional Phil “The Unabomber” Laak is looking to set a new world record for the most hours of poker played in a single sitting.

Taking place at the luxurious Bellagio Poker Room in Las Vegas, starting on June 2, Laak will be looking to break the world record of 78 straight hours of playing poker which was set by Paul Zimbler in the fall of 2009.

Phil Laak is an internationally recognized poker pro, known for his iconic look at the poker table where he wears sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head. He is also a regular on televised poker shows like Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker. His animated personality, banter at the tables and interest in participating in sometimes bizarre propositional bets have also contributed to his renown.

"I have played many enduro sessions of poker, but never anything of this magnitude,” stated Laak. “I know this will test my limits but I love a good challenge and am excited to be trying to beat this record in Vegas’ top poker room."



What limit do you think he will be playing?
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
feedmykids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,689
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

10/20 NL
feedmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beer me that 60/40?
Posts: 3,133
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

10/20 obv
gordo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
feedmykids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,689
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

This must be a joke/level by either the e-mailer or Matt Savage heh
feedmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
journeyman
 
notitfortat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: somewhere in texas
Posts: 242
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

4/8 limit
notitfortat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
veteran
 
chinamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,946
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
I received this press release this morning in my email


Phil Laak to Attempt New Poker Endurance World Record at Bellagio in Las Vegas

Las Vegas, Nevada May 19, 2010 – Poker professional Phil “The Unabomber” Laak is looking to set a new world record for the most hours of poker played in a single sitting.

Taking place at the luxurious Bellagio Poker Room in Las Vegas, starting on June 2, Laak will be looking to break the world record of 78 straight hours of playing poker which was set by Paul Zimbler in the fall of 2009.

Phil Laak is an internationally recognized poker pro, known for his iconic look at the poker table where he wears sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head. He is also a regular on televised poker shows like Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker. His animated personality, banter at the tables and interest in participating in sometimes bizarre propositional bets have also contributed to his renown.

"I have played many enduro sessions of poker, but never anything of this magnitude,” stated Laak. “I know this will test my limits but I love a good challenge and am excited to be trying to beat this record in Vegas’ top poker room."



What limit do you think he will be playing?
1-2 NL

I have done like 60 hrs on 3 occasions
chinamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
banned
 
$Pokerface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden!
Posts: 199
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

This is just so sick! how many hours can you stay awake before it gets dangerous?
$Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
old hand
 
mlborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Horseshoe Cleveland
Posts: 1,500
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

"I heard Phil Laak was playing 10-20nl at the Bellagio."
mlborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Pokerface View Post
This is just so sick! how many hours can you stay awake before it gets dangerous?

yeah dude! sick! sick! sick!

gnarly sick!
Widespread Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,032
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

During the WSOP? Strange timing
Actionjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
banned
 
DunlopFuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On a pair draw
Posts: 2,226
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Pokerface View Post
This is just so sick! how many hours can you stay awake before it gets dangerous?
LDO
DunlopFuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
grinder
 
jimbo89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 429
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

What drugs is he gonna be on for the laps of the challenge !? I think he'll play in the biggest NL game available imo... Probably 10-20 NL...
jimbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
Pooh-Bah
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,884
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

How the hell do people play massive sessions live anyways. I wouldn't feel too comfortable sitting on a 3000bb stack when I'm really really tired after 40 hours of play. It's not like online where you can just change tables when you get too deep.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @Kevmath
Posts: 27,879
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Here's how the current WR holder looked at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkgACB7RFi8
Kevmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
journeyman
 
stubez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: a Chocwat Sauwacee
Posts: 220
Re: Phil Laak to attempt World Record Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmath View Post
Here's how the current WR holder looked at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkgACB7RFi8
guy looks scarily delirious really bad for your health.
There have been a few cases of people dying from fatigue playing world of warcraft http://au.gamespot.com/news/6132357.html?sid=6132357 , that guy died after a 50 hour session and another young girl died by playing too long aswell.
stubez is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive