Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #26
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,508
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvanhoe View Post
Lol you have to opt in to get rb? each week? lol!
FT Ironman says Hi.

Although that was monthly.

Actually, I can't remember now if that was opting in, or just qualifying. But either way, this won't be the first program where you have to continually opt in and/or qualify.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #27
ShipThisPLZ
grinder
 
ShipThisPLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 505
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

yessssssssss
ShipThisPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #28
OurSurveySays
Pooh-Bah
 
OurSurveySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,069
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Regarding OPT IN situation it is a tech issue but we did not want to delay the launch as we promised the players 22nd May.

I promise that I lobbied and stressed the importance of this from the start when I heard about the program that we needed to be transparent and that's what we will aim to be.

Hopefully its fixed ASAP so you don't have to OPT IN every week, I understand that is FAR from GTO solution.

Regarding Platinum Elite, details will be released shortly, it will be comparable to some of the best "VIP" loyalty systems that you are familiar with. If anybody is interested in becoming Platinum Elite, message me on 2p2 from tomorrow and I will get back to you all ASAP.

Thanks
Patrick
OurSurveySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #29
jayme87
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,830
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Rsa token would be nice too. New software and it be gg stars
jayme87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #30
lvanhoe
old hand
 
lvanhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,337
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
FT Ironman says Hi.

Although that was monthly.

Actually, I can't remember now if that was opting in, or just qualifying. But either way, this won't be the first program where you have to continually opt in and/or qualify.
Sure but every week? That seems ridiculous, fish will lose out on a lot of rb because they just don't have poker on their mind all the time.
lvanhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #31
mrfunnywobbl
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 177
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

As a relatively new NL2 grinder on stars, how much better will this be for me vs. stars?
mrfunnywobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:03 AM   #32
FR-Nit
adept
 
FR-Nit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 783
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunnywobbl View Post
As a relatively new NL2 grinder on stars, how much better will this be for me vs. stars?
Not sure, but i think you might be better of at Stars even when their new VIP-system aka chest-thingy roles out. At Party you need to rake 25$/week in order to get something, for NL2 that requires quite some hands. Imo a weak spot in Party's new reward system as it will reward grinders, but will cut out a lot of Micro/Small-RECs.

Last edited by FR-Nit; 05-17-2017 at 02:28 AM.
FR-Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #33
NerdSuperfly
old hand
 
NerdSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: just shillin', yo
Posts: 1,864
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausspoker View Post
the PP 25k just got more runners then PS scoop 25k. Well done pp! Keep the good work going!
yet pp had to pay almost 500K for the last 3 $1M GTDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdonkey View Post
Looks like Party is gonna make Stars their ***** by employing their previous bonus system, which Amaya claimed doesn't work anymore in the current poker ecosystem?
it doesn't work for PS, b/c they want to get rid of certain players. PP already got rid of those kind. remember when they took away the VIP awards and the high stakes tables ... now they are growing again.

anyway ... gvc is in a good position (verticals aya hopes for, no debts) i think it's very good news for the community
NerdSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #34
BadMoFu
veteran
 
BadMoFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 92% less degen
Posts: 2,146
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Good news for Party.

+1 on the improving software thing.
BadMoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:20 AM   #35
jols118
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

so this is bwin aswell? ive tried several time to opt in to certain bonuses on there, never says im opt in tho
jols118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #36
FR-Nit
adept
 
FR-Nit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 783
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdSuperfly View Post
it doesn't work for PS, b/c they want to get rid of certain players. PP already got rid of those kind. remember when they took away the VIP awards and the high stakes tables ... now they are growing again.
That's one way to interpret....the other is: Party is a step ahead of Amaya and figuered out that "getting rid of certain players" isn't the most beneficial way to go. If this is the case the people in charge at Party must me pissing themselves for joy.
FR-Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:08 AM   #37
Esa_Perse
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 362
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSurveySays View Post
Regarding OPT IN situation it is a tech issue but we did not want to delay the launch as we promised the players 22nd May.

I promise that I lobbied and stressed the importance of this from the start when I heard about the program that we needed to be transparent and that's what we will aim to be.

Hopefully its fixed ASAP so you don't have to OPT IN every week, I understand that is FAR from GTO solution.
Thanks
Patrick
This was posted to the pp thread. So the 'lol I have to click lol' might be a temporary annoyance.
Esa_Perse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:35 AM   #38
GazzyB123
veteran
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 2,880
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Does anyone know if this will be the same on Bwin?
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #39
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,143
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

If they're still running missions and continue with some other promos then effective RB will sometimes be above 50% for full-time players.

Really does look like a play to hit pokerstars while they're down - good timing imo
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #40
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,143
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Does anyone know if this will be the same on Bwin?
No but I would bet money they'll do more promos to compete with it - they did have the $500 reload bonus for powerfest ofc - they'll have to keep those up for players!

You might be better off on party if you get palladium elite
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #41
NerdSuperfly
old hand
 
NerdSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: just shillin', yo
Posts: 1,864
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Nit View Post
That's one way to interpret....the other is: Party is a step ahead of Amaya and figuered out that "getting rid of certain players" isn't the most beneficial way to go.
apples and oranges. like i said party can grow, b/c they already got rid of a lot "of certain players" (we should switch to Those-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named btw) back then. pp also has a limited number of depositors and therefore only a limited number of 'net withdrawal players' can join and will benefit from this anyway.

so long story short ... compare the numbers of ppl 'out of job' after RB changes at the bigger room, with the numbers of 'new jobs available' at the smaller room and you know the real reason, why they "must be pissing themselves for joy".

potential growth (or lack there of) is also the reason, why all this 'rec player model' started with the smaller sites. b/c they had deposits versus withdrawals issues and took care of it. after the smaller rooms the big ones got rid of certain players. PS was simply big enough to keep the status quo the longest, but i think they reached the peak (given the market share AND the global decline). keeping up the old RB model simple makes zero sense for them, since they can't grow any more (imo).

another huge factor is the financial situation (GVC vs AYA) ... so again, apples and oranges.

but let's leave the fruit salad opinions behind, new competition is exactly what the whole industry needs!
NerdSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #42
DJSirMatthew
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: belgium
Posts: 183
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4bettingmonk View Post
No but I would bet money they'll do more promos to compete with it - they did have the $500 reload bonus for powerfest ofc - they'll have to keep those up for players!

You might be better off on party if you get palladium elite
That would suck since there is no party here; only bwin to choose from.

Same thing with the allegedly new program from stars: no casino nor sports available here, only poker. So less opportunity to fill that progress bar. (probably best as casino and sports tend to be less +EV than poker )
DJSirMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #43
MilkMan
old hand
 
MilkMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the move
Posts: 1,988
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Are reg tables still anonymous/HUD proof? Or should I say HUD proof for those unwilling or unable to cheat the system.
MilkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #44
TreadLightly
old hand
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 1,371
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdonkey View Post
Looks like Party is gonna make Stars their ***** by employing their previous bonus system, which Amaya claimed doesn't work anymore in the current poker ecosystem?

I get the incentive to avoid paying if people forget to opt-in, but seriously, many players, recreationals and regulars alike, are gonna be pretty bad if they forgo weekly bonus by human error. Just make it automatic.
do people really have a problem with clicking a button once a week? Party reps already said the only reason you have to click each week is a software issue that they hope to fix in the future,

and yes I think it is awesome that as amaya is prepping to anounce another vip rewards cut / new system that party pulls out essentially what they had already to hype people up


Also partypoker software isn't actually as bad as I thought it was in the past, they've made updates to bet sizing/sliders and some other things this year that actually make it a pretty easy site to multi table. Still clunky compared to stars but not absolutely terrible and you get used to it quick
TreadLightly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #45
coinflipper
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: acapulco/queretaro
Posts: 1,759
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdSuperfly View Post
apples and oranges. like i said party can grow, b/c they already got rid of a lot "of certain players" (we should switch to Those-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named btw) back then. pp also has a limited number of depositors and therefore only a limited number of 'net withdrawal players' can join and will benefit from this anyway.

so long story short ... compare the numbers of ppl 'out of job' after RB changes at the bigger room, with the numbers of 'new jobs available' at the smaller room and you know the real reason, why they "must be pissing themselves for joy".

potential growth (or lack there of) is also the reason, why all this 'rec player model' started with the smaller sites. b/c they had deposits versus withdrawals issues and took care of it. after the smaller rooms the big ones got rid of certain players. PS was simply big enough to keep the status quo the longest, but i think they reached the peak (given the market share AND the global decline). keeping up the old RB model simple makes zero sense for them, since they can't grow any more (imo).

another huge factor is the financial situation (GVC vs AYA) ... so again, apples and oranges.

but let's leave the fruit salad opinions behind, new competition is exactly what the whole industry needs!
you did a horrible job of analyzing the situation, you couldnt possibly know any less, well done
coinflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #46
walkby
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 595
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkby View Post
will seriously consider moving some of my action there.

Hopefully more sites follow.
Checked out PartyPoker and unless I missed something their HUSNG rake is ridiculously high. Fix this PartyPoker!
walkby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #47
blueson
old hand
 
blueson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,626
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

ive played almost 100k hands this year on party and while it is nice that they increase rb, for the vast majority of people this is not going to be sufficient.
first of all, software still sucks and most importantly, their implementation of their anonmous tables is terrible. there is software out that gives people a hud, so unless you are going to cheat to even the playing field you do it like me, quit playing there and save yourself the headache of feeling exploited at every turn.
blueson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:52 AM   #48
NerdSuperfly
old hand
 
NerdSuperfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: just shillin', yo
Posts: 1,864
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinflipper View Post
you did a horrible job of analyzing the situation, you couldnt possibly know any less, well done
care to elaborate?

- can't party grow, while PS peak seems to be reached?
- didn't party the same back then thing, what PS is doing now?
- didn't the whole rec player model started with small sites?
- isn't GVC financial security a bit better than AYA's (which affects short term planing?

so enlighten me ...
NerdSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #49
FR-Nit
adept
 
FR-Nit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 783
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdSuperfly View Post

- can't party grow, while PS peak seems to be reached?
LOL what?! Stars had its peak quite some time ago and since then it's in a constant decline. So talking about a reached peak is absolute nonsense. Amaya has no interest in shrinking, Amaya just tries to squeeze more money out of the remaining customers to make up for the loss of volume. It's not about "improving the health of the eco-system", it's about money.

Party did a clever move with rolling out a generous rakeback-system (which is imo also not flawless) in the very moment when Stars announces massive cuts. Pretty sure at Amaya this caused headache as they expected players to stay on Stars after the increased pricing of playing Poker due to lack of alternatives. Will be very interesting to see what's going to happen. I wouldn't be too sureprised if Amaya would top-up on the planned VIP-system.
FR-Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 AM   #50
MilkMan
old hand
 
MilkMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the move
Posts: 1,988
Re: Partypoker rakeback changes - 40% rakeback in cash from May 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueson View Post
implementation of their anonmous tables is terrible. there is software out that gives people a hud, so unless you are going to cheat to even the playing field you do it like me, quit playing there and save yourself the headache of feeling exploited at every turn.
Yeah that's not good.
MilkMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online