Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #251
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,249
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

From another thread, OP can you extrapolate on this? Your youtube/twitch videos have been removed

Quote:
First stream where i explain the privilege of the top 3 donators by having up to 100 years to settle their OFC losses. Also, Robert Mizrachi amongst others join in for some OFC action.
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #252
DC2LV
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 1,886
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by .isolated View Post
It does seem like Jason is big leaguing OP and Limon would not be impressed. Jason says $1k/pt and op says he only ever played as high as $25/pt and "only once". So Jason knows OP isn't accepting that ****. Completely unreasonable if he actually wants to play which it's obvious that he doesn't.
FWIW, Jason didn't say $1,000/pt., he said he was willing to play OP up to $1,000/pt.
DC2LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #253
KingDan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: @DanSmithHolla
Posts: 7,567
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by .isolated View Post
These seem to be accurate cliffs tbf.

It does seem like Jason is big leaguing OP and Limon would not be impressed. Jason says $1k/pt and op says he only ever played as high as $25/pt and "only once". So Jason knows OP isn't accepting that ****. Completely unreasonable if he actually wants to play which it's obvious that he doesn't.
Asking for 200 hours of 100/point is doing the opposite... (minor leaguing?). You just can't expect JM to commit to a schedule to play games much smaller than he plays on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindplz View Post
OP should jump at the opportunity to play Jason in live OFC even if they only play for a small sample.

1) It will be obvious even over a short session if OP is a strong player or doesn't know what he's doing. If he plays well he will clear his name.

2) He can take a shot in a big game where he has a perceived massive edge.


All this talk about thousands of hands to prove how much better you are than Jason will never amount to anything and not help your action in the long run anyway.
Tom is right of course. Any more mentions of playing on any app are very silly. Take a shot ,sell action if you need to. Also if you can afford 2500 hands of 100/point , you can definitely play bigger with no commitment. Getting locked into a large # of hands increases bankroll requirements a lot.

But on a day with no action, I'd think you could get Jason to play maybe $200/point?
KingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #254
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
.isolated's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Team J.A.M.M.A.T. :D <3
Posts: 11,921
Wink Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDan View Post
Asking for 200 hours of 100/point is doing the opposite... (minor leaguing?). You just can't expect JM to commit to a schedule to play games much smaller than he plays on a daily basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .isolated View Post
These seem to be accurate cliffs tbf.

It does seem like Jason is big leaguing OP and Limon would not be impressed. Jason says $1k/pt and op says he only ever played as high as $25/pt and "only once". So Jason knows OP isn't accepting that ****. Completely unreasonable if he actually wants to play which it's obvious that he doesn't.
I meant that it wasn't worth his time with that statement since OP won't play nearly that big.
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #255
JaclynnMoskow
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysfull21 View Post

What u guys do not understand, is that if the app is compromised / manipulable... All u would have to have is one person on a computer (anywhere in the world) controlling who gets what cards while we sit in front of one another playing on the app

GG
If this was the case - why did I quit playing your friend, Daniel Weinman, when I realized how good he was? I could have just had "the hackers" deal me better cards.
JaclynnMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #256
Sensitivenewageguy
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighurt52235 View Post
Not sure if that's too young or too old to help.
Ok, this whole thread is gold, but....thread winner
Sensitivenewageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #257
frommagio
Pooh-Bah
 
frommagio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,132
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Jaclynn - You've come here and answered questions quite credibly. Why do you think Fernando hasn't taken the same approach? You've made yourself look good, and it's obvious that he's gone in the other direction. What's up with that?
frommagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #258
Sensitivenewageguy
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by frommagio View Post
Jaclynn - You've come here and answered questions quite credibly. Why do you think Fernando hasn't taken the same approach? You've made yourself look good, and it's obvious that he's gone in the other direction. What's up with that?
I second this emotion.
Sensitivenewageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #259
Truestoryteller
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gimme The Loot
Posts: 377
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

If it were to go down at Palm Beach Kennel Club, I would definitely attend and do a writeup on it. That's only 45-60 minutes from JM's hometown, I don't know where Rosas is from, but they are offering you guys a hell of a deal. Rosas can get redemption from the accusations and JM has the opportunity to print money if he is the better player. JM has no obligation to do so, but it might spawn a new interest in OFC and both of you might get more action in the future from new players with it being live streamed.
Truestoryteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #260
TheTyman9
veteran
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 3,391
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truestoryteller View Post
If it were to go down at Palm Beach Kennel Club, I would definitely attend and do a writeup on it. That's only 45-60 minutes from JM's hometown, I don't know where Rosas is from, but they are offering you guys a hell of a deal. Rosas can get redemption from the accusations and JM has the opportunity to print money if he is the better player. JM has no obligation to do so, but it might spawn a new interest in OFC and both of you might get more action in the future from new players with it being live streamed.
If it's just $100/pt though it seems likely JM has much higher hourly games he can be playing. $100/pt is a big game obv but it's all relative.
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #261
Truestoryteller
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gimme The Loot
Posts: 377
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
If it's just $100/pt though it seems likely JM has much higher hourly games he can be playing. $100/pt is a big game obv but it's all relative.
I don't know enough about OFC swings and stakes to know how high that is, but I am guessing it's the equivalent of playing 10/25NL or 20/40NL? I never found the game all that interesting - I would play friends for $1/pt and usually got spanked. If those stakes are about right, there aren't many higher stake games that run in South FL regularly even this time of year.
Truestoryteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #262
LVpokerPRO
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,926
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj94 View Post
That rake is absurd, lol. Maybe not in the context of $100+/pt, but JFC. $50/hour tip to deal a game that an untrained monkey could deal. The dealer literally just throws cards at people and does nothing else in OFC.
X

Last edited by LVpokerPRO; 03-01-2017 at 12:24 AM.
LVpokerPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:11 AM   #263
NoExit
enthusiast
 
NoExit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South FL
Posts: 98
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJaclynnMoskow View Post
If this was the case - why did I quit playing your friend, Daniel Weinman, when I realized how good he was? I could have just had "the hackers" deal me better cards.
It doesn't take a doctor to realize it would be too painfully suspicious if out of the blue you started crushing a top player.
NoExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #264
SuperSwag
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,414
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

I think Jacelyn and OP must have found an exploit of some kind. They're not controlling cards per say but there must be a glitch of some kind that they can manipulate. Jason seemed to think they "hacked" the app but I don't think so. The glitch is probably so cryptic the people who made software haven't encountered it. Jacelyn is simply trying not to Russ Hamilton it as most gamblers do and not strictly crush everyone.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #265
SeaKing
Pooh-Bah
 
SeaKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ░~.oOo110%oOo.~░
Posts: 5,198
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit View Post
It doesn't take a doctor to realize it would be too painfully suspicious if out of the blue you started crushing a top player.
24 hours with excel could make nearly anyone a top player, even someone who had never played the game before.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #266
CoreySteel
old hand
 
CoreySteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,638
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

I've never played OFC before, have Excel and 24 hours to spare. Challenge?!
CoreySteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #267
MadTiger
old hand
 
MadTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,263
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySteel View Post
I've never played OFC before, have Excel and 24 hours to spare. Challenge?!
You accepted too quickly, so therefore, you must be a cheat. :-/

Mercier-fully end this thread. If he won't run for the Rosas. (!)
MadTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #268
Rzitup
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 795
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximose1 View Post
Haha not sure that's "the only safeguard" from these scary futuristic robot computer scammers!

But if that's the case OP said he'll play Jason live. Why is everyone ignoring that?
It's easy to ignore when he said "2,500 hands minimum". Do you know how long it takes to play 2,500 hands in live OFC?
Rzitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #269
baudib1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
baudib1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dude,bro
Posts: 20,350
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

I've played and talked OFC with Jaclynn enough to know she knows what she's doing/talking about.

I don't know anything about Fernando but I think his main problem is he's seeking action in really aggro/shady ways.

Don't see how Jason has any incentive whatsoever to play him live.
baudib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #270
NoExit
enthusiast
 
NoExit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South FL
Posts: 98
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudib1 View Post
I've played and talked OFC with Jaclynn enough to know she knows what she's doing/talking about.

I don't know anything about Fernando but I think his main problem is he's seeking action in really aggro/shady ways.

Don't see how Jason has any incentive whatsoever to play him live.
Aren't you that "journalist" for Daily News or some tacky online newspaper? I remember you published a smear piece on Nolan Dalla on Daily News, which is pretty scummy since you are personal friends with Jaclynn and get staked by her friend Melissa?

Anyway I would take what this guy has to say with a grain of salt. Not like he would know what makes a good OFCP player.
NoExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #271
Sensitivenewageguy
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Lol everyone talking about how Jason needs to accept Fernando's challenge. As a bystander who knows none of these people and has no skin in this game, if Fernando wants to "prove" his innocence he needs to address the many points Jason made in his post on this thread. From what I read, Fernando instead issued a challenge and pretty much peaced out. Someone on the level would have to have a plausible explanation for all of Jason's concerns.
Sensitivenewageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #272
baudib1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
baudib1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: dude,bro
Posts: 20,350
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit View Post
Aren't you that "journalist" for Daily News or some tacky online newspaper? I remember you published a smear piece on Nolan Dalla on Daily News, which is pretty scummy since you are personal friends with Jaclynn and get staked by her friend Melissa?

Anyway I would take what this guy has to say with a grain of salt. Not like he would know what makes a good OFCP player.
Not that it would make any difference, but I had never met Jaclynn until long after I wrote the story and I've never been staked by Melissa (or anyone).

Melissa bought 5%-10% of me in a handful of small buyin tournaments as a sweat, and it ended up pretty profitably for her.
baudib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #273
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,249
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

I'm still very curious about the freeroll OP offered to players to play him and would not have to settle up their losses for 100 years (effectively never?). It's a strange proposition unless I'm misunderstanding (which is possible because the videos explaining the proposition have since been removed).
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #274
MastaAces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MastaAces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Constant lapse of unconscious raps
Posts: 7,113
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudib1 View Post
I've played and talked OFC with Jaclynn enough to know she knows what she's doing/talking about.

I don't know anything about Fernando but I think his main problem is he's seeking action in really aggro/shady ways.

Don't see how Jason has any incentive whatsoever to play him live.
you obviously seem to think you know enough about Fernando to indirectly call him shady.

since jason issued the challenge to play live to begin with i fail to see how your opinion matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysfull21 View Post
I will play either of u in Bobby's room up to $1,000 a point - maybe bigger even if that interests u. I'm sure plenty of ppl would take action on my side

Come and get it
this has been quoted or discussed several times since being posted and as recently as a few posts above yours. it's almost as if you didn't read any of the thread before coming in here to hold your friends' back.
MastaAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #275
frommagio
Pooh-Bah
 
frommagio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,132
Re: Jason Mercier spreads unfounded cheating accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaAces View Post
you obviously seem to think you know enough about Fernando to indirectly call him shady.
In all fairness, Fernando pretty much did it to himself in this thread.
frommagio is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online