Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

View Poll Results: Do you want the AGCC to regulate the new FTP?
Yes 1,156 56.58%
No 887 43.42%
Voters: 2043. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #1126
Spanking BBV
 
SGT RJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waffle's syrup
Posts: 40,124
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg View Post
Hold your horses, I'm sure they want and will let us read it, they probably just sent it out to news sites and are now working on releasing it optimaly to the players.
My horses are actually in check - my swearing/capitalization was more for emphasis.

But I don't believe there's any excuse for this. WTF, releasing it optimally? Just release it. It's a press statement, meaning it's already been given the green light for release. Withholding it from the players makes people suspicious that they are trying to hide something.

Even if we get it tomorrow some will still wonder if the player release was different from the press release, and why shouldn't they? FTP hardly has a solid track record in dealing with the players honestly at this point, now do they?
SGT RJ is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #1127
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bustoville
Posts: 1,670
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

lol to anyone who thinks this isnt the statement
tclark828 is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #1128
veteran
 
elstunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,729
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark828 View Post
lol to anyone who thinks this isnt the statement
i'll take 1:1 that the forbes article was not the actual ftp statement, and there is another statement that was referenced in the article that is the actual statement yet to be released...how much?
elstunar is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #1129
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,187
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT RJ View Post
My horses are actually in check - my swearing/capitalization was more for emphasis.

But I don't believe there's any excuse for this. WTF, releasing it optimally? Just release it. It's a press statement, meaning it's already been given the green light for release. Withholding it from the players makes people suspicious that they are trying to hide something.

Even if we get it tomorrow some will still wonder if the player release was different from the press release, and why shouldn't they? FTP hardly has a solid track record in dealing with the players honestly at this point, now do they?
I don't think it's that important wether newssites get it earlier or not. It could also be that they sent it to regular newssites and poker newssites and the pokersites just are being slow ponies. The statement will probably be on FTP when Dublin offices open, remember it's 3 AM in Ireland now, don't know if whoever just sent it to the press is allowed to put it on FTP. Iffrah will probably post it here before the offices open, he's prolly just busy .
bbfg is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #1130
Spanking BBV
 
SGT RJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waffle's syrup
Posts: 40,124
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

I don't consider it Ifrah's responsibility to get us the release unless he was responsible for all the releases.

It's just unfathomable to me that, after months of getting raked over the coals for how badly they've handled information dissemination, they **** this up too. Makes any tiny ember of optimism I might have had that they are going to make a legitimate effort to improve sputter pretty drastically.
SGT RJ is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #1131
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 98
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittyit View Post
Forbes is saying they released a statement today - Full Tilt Poker Makes Its Case Explaining Why It Has Not Paid Back Players- I can't locate anywhere however.
We are not interested in how much was sized since 2009, we want to know how much was seized on BF (its looking like a whole lot less than the claimed $160M which has been rumored, probably a whole lots less then $100M!). We all know that the Australian took your money FTP so why were you telling everyone you were solvent when you were not solvent? Why are we hearing that you had these problems for so long? And if you were having these problems why were the owners taking $100K/1% every month???? This is outrageous!

Last edited by DoubleDealing; 08-30-2011 at 10:25 PM.
DoubleDealing is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #1132
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,187
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Fwiw realise this is the first time FTP is truely communicating with players, allow them to make some mistakes .

I understand your frustration, but on the other hand I kind of don't care wether Forbes gets the statement a few hours before us, as long as we eventually get the statement.
bbfg is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #1133
veteran
 
joeyrulesall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: saugus, ma
Posts: 3,157
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Who cares what the statement they are going to release is going to be?? Obviously the article touches on all the points the release has in it. No new info is going to be released So once again Jeff are you going to answer the one question full tilt wont answer for us? Will the owners and team members of full tilt liquidate assets to repay us? Its the only thing that matters anymore. They stole our deposits. They were not loans to the company. It is our money that we did not authorize full tilt degenerates like phil ivey to gamble away on craps. This guy is taking private jets around the world to play a losing table game for millions of dollars while borrowing millions from the same company that apparently was missing tons of money. Enough is enough, answer the one question that we all care about.
joeyrulesall is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #1134
too helpful for this post
 
DougL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 16,977
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Makes any tiny ember of optimism I might have had that they are going to make a legitimate effort to improve sputter pretty drastically.
I don't know SGT RJ, aren't we at the point where we believe them exactly when the check for our bankrolls has been in our accounts long enough that we're sure that it won't bounce? You can dress it up, bring out investors, hire someone good to make a public statement, and tell me that everything will be OK. I'm far enough down the road that either A) I'm not getting paid back no matter what rumor or spin says or B) I'm spending my FT bankroll after I'm convinced the funds drawn on were good. This could be a Show Me State thing, but they're jerks in my book at this point. Only deeds can redeem them. If the money were to suddenly appear, we could talk about forgiveness. Slightly better PR is something that their potential Euro customers can work out.
DougL is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #1135
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bbfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,187
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrulesall View Post
Who cares what the statement they are going to release is going to be?? Obviously the article touches on all the points the release has in it. No new info is going to be released So once again Jeff are you going to answer the one question full tilt wont answer for us? Will the owners and team members of full tilt liquidate assets to repay us? Its the only thing that matters anymore. They stole our deposits. They were not loans to the company. It is our money that we did not authorize full tilt degenerates like phil ivey to gamble away on craps. This guy is taking private jets around the world to play a losing table game for millions of dollars while borrowing millions from the same company that apparently was missing tons of money. Enough is enough, answer the one question that we all care about.
We get it, you lost your money. I did too. Now act normal.
bbfg is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #1136
veteran
 
joeyrulesall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: saugus, ma
Posts: 3,157
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT RJ View Post
I don't consider it Ifrah's responsibility to get us the release unless he was responsible for all the releases.

It's just unfathomable to me that, after months of getting raked over the coals for how badly they've handled information dissemination, they **** this up too. Makes any tiny ember of optimism I might have had that they are going to make a legitimate effort to improve sputter pretty drastically.
+1
joeyrulesall is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #1137
veteran
 
joeyrulesall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: saugus, ma
Posts: 3,157
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg View Post
We get it, you lost your money. I did too. Now act normal.
We get it also. Hello FTP shill.
joeyrulesall is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #1138
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 98
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrulesall View Post
Who cares what the statement they are going to release is going to be?? Obviously the article touches on all the points the release has in it. No new info is going to be released So once again Jeff are you going to answer the one question full tilt wont answer for us? Will the owners and team members of full tilt liquidate assets to repay us? Its the only thing that matters anymore. They stole our deposits. They were not loans to the company. It is our money that we did not authorize full tilt degenerates like phil ivey to gamble away on craps. This guy is taking private jets around the world to play a losing table game for millions of dollars while borrowing millions from the same company that apparently was missing tons of money. Enough is enough, answer the one question that we all care about.
+1 Yeah Jeff, what about all the money FTP's owners took OUT of FTP since all these seizures and theft was going on???
DoubleDealing is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #1139
old hand
 
oneonth3run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FINGERS CROSSED
Posts: 1,638
Jesus this is enraging.
oneonth3run is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #1140
centurion
 
TheNaturat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edge of the universe
Posts: 142
Re: FTP Discussion Thread (Everything but big new news goes here. Cliffs in OP)




<333
It doesn't even need photoshop
TheNaturat is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive