Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
'10 HU Forum Champ
 
ITRIED2WARNU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: #GREENFRIDAY Twitter: @ITRIED2WARNU
Posts: 2,891
Diamond Flush Articles: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

DF just posted this.

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...lederer-files/

Part 2:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...files-part-ii/

Part 3:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...iles-part-iii/

Part 4:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...files-part-iv/

Part 5:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...-files-part-v/

Part 6:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/10...files-part-vi/

Last edited by Kevmath; 10-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.
ITRIED2WARNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,260
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Interesting stuff and well done...

But I think people will eventually find he was a poor director of a private company.

I'd say poor directors are pretty common
rivercitybirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,094
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Let me give the real footnotes:

1)FTP was founded by a bunch of degen liars and thieves

2)As it became more successful, they increased the number of liar and thieves to be part of ftp

3)1 of the head liar/thieves, Mr. Lederer, realizes he is sitting on a gold mine of free cash and starts looting from the company. Jesus, Bitar and Furst join in and each becomes multi millionaires 10 x over.

4)Black Friday comes, the truth is exposed and everyone thinks that Lederer will actually all of the sudden tell the truth.- HA HA HA, GOOD ONE!!!

The truth is, we as former players on the site will never get the full truth but I am sure of 1 thing - Howard Lederer, Jesus Ferguson, Rafe Furst will randomly show up at a poker tournament within the next year or 2(maybe even earlier)and will try to start playing in public again once online poker is legalized in the US.

Those are the REAL FOOTNOTES
PSUMike1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
'10 HU Forum Champ
 
ITRIED2WARNU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: #GREENFRIDAY Twitter: @ITRIED2WARNU
Posts: 2,891
Quoted from the the 'backs out of interview thread'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Flush View Post
I just want to say that in case anyone thinks that this first installment does not live up to the hype that preceded it, that its all part of a story that I am trying to do in as orderly a fashion as possible. All the small pieces will fit together as the story progresses. I promise.
ITRIED2WARNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
enthusiast
 
TSU8842's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: @K-VEGAS
Posts: 72
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Eh, I found this article to be lacking.

Seems to be she is attempting to point out any minute legal discrepancy from Howard's interview.

Hope for more in the coming installments.

Edit: Thanks Diamond Flush for all the work.
TSU8842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ITT
Posts: 9,676
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

I have to give df big kudos for the collection and dissemenation of this information.

It is clear to me that Bitar, ferguson, lederer, and furst conspired to buy owners off with payouts, eventually using player funds, to keep them from asking too many questions or causing trouble.

It is also clear to me that they likely used player funds to finance the rapid growth of their business from nearly the beginning. Why wait to earn the miner to launch that new promotion when you got 40 million of player deposits in the bank? Just take a little and pay it back later.

It cracks me up to no end when people want to blame the doj or Phil Ivey or anyone else for what happened. The buck stops at the board of directors. Those four bear the entire burden of responsibility here. Incompetence mixed with greed and ultimately criminal behavior is what got FTP to where it is.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ITT
Posts: 9,676
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
First we should thank DF for her contributions and also wish her well in whatever matter she recently had to attend to.


In the article,




I don;t see this necessarily as a bad thing. I cannot blame them for not wanting an outside source, If each board member indeed have votes, they could check and balance themselves out, lpus the four of them were all in good standing at the time.


They should have wanted outside eyes because the four of them were completely incompetent and entirely lacking experience

It is very common for companies to have outside board members to offer perspective. The problem was the company was run incompetently and unethically from day 1 and any outside board member with actual experience would have called them out on what they were doing.

Even some of the owners had misgivings but they were bought off.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,715
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
I have to give df big kudos for the collection and dissemenation of this information.

It is clear to me that Bitar, ferguson, lederer, and furst conspired to buy owners off with payouts, eventually using player funds, to keep them from asking too many questions or causing trouble.

It is also clear to me that they likely used player funds to finance the rapid growth of their business from nearly the beginning. Why wait to earn the miner to launch that new promotion when you got 40 million of player deposits in the bank? Just take a little and pay it back later.

It cracks me up to no end when people want to blame the doj or Phil Ivey or anyone else for what happened. The buck stops at the board of directors. Those four bear the entire burden of responsibility here. Incompetence mixed with greed and ultimately criminal behavior is what got FTP to where it is.
I like the post and I do believe that on top of the player loans that they probably used company loans for advertising from the start. Of course guys like Ivey who are off shooting craps or playing golf and receive the call that we're going to start paying you 800K a month aren't the root of the problem the buck stops with the board.
Rob999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
teddyFBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,603
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Flush View Post
I just want to say that in case anyone thinks that this first installment does not live up to the hype that preceded it, that its all part of a story that I am trying to do in as orderly a fashion as possible. All the small pieces will fit together as the story progresses. I promise.
I hope so...

This first installment was pretty devoid of new, salacious, or incriminating info. I'll take DF at her word for now, though, that she's got something more substantive to offer.

A suggestion, which I'll try to make in the least-douchey way possible: I think you should spend more time formatting & checking your article for grammar, vocab, and punctuation. I'd like your articles to get taken seriously, especially if they're to form the basis for a revelatory assessment of FTP's implosion and Howard's personal failures. But that article was chalk full of errors, and in several places unclear as to whether you were recapping Howard's testimony, giving your own commentary, or simply laying out known facts.
teddyFBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,715
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

[QUOTE=Mr. J;35084887]First we should thank DF for her contributions and also wish her well in whatever matter she recently had to attend to.


Yes I've only recently become introduced to the writings of Diamond Flush and I'm a big fan. Sorry to hear you might be having family or personal problems. You're a royal flush in the poker community. P.S. I like that you stay anonymous. It gives the retards less ammunition.
Rob999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 404
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Definitely appreciate DF's work in all this!

So far, I don't see anything major exposed other than some clarifications of things that Howard exaggerated and minimized, which pretty much would have been expected under any condition. I expect this will build to something more and am looking forward to reading the rest of the articles.
deemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,715
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyFBI View Post

A suggestion, which I'll try to make in the least-douchey way possible: I think you should spend more time formatting & checking your article for grammar, vocab, and punctuation. I'd like your articles to get taken seriously, especially if they're to form the basis for a revelatory assessment of FTP's implosion and Howard's personal failures. But that article was chalk full of errors, and in several places unclear as to whether you were recapping Howard's testimony, giving your own commentary, or simply laying out known facts.
Untrue. It was not "chalk full of errors". Prove it, quote it and show us all the mistakes Longfellow?
Rob999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 784
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Nice work. Looking forward to more of what I initially thought happened. Howard spends a year coaching himself through every question imaginable....then quits his agreement with DF because he knows she knows more than everyone else knows.
NEMplsJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 9,218
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyFBI View Post
I hope so...

This first installment was pretty devoid of new, salacious, or incriminating info. I'll take DF at her word for now, though, that she's got something more substantive to offer.
I mean is the goal of her articles to tell the truth or make HL look like a liar?

Is it even relevant that she says anything outlandish about HL/FTP, as long as we get the truth?
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 160
Re: Diamond Flush Article: The Distortion of Truth from the Lederer Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyFBI View Post
I hope so...

This first installment was pretty devoid of new, salacious, or incriminating info. I'll take DF at her word for now, though, that she's got something more substantive to offer.

A suggestion, which I'll try to make in the least-douchey way possible: I think you should spend more time formatting & checking your article for grammar, vocab, and punctuation. I'd like your articles to get taken seriously, especially if they're to form the basis for a revelatory assessment of FTP's implosion and Howard's personal failures. But that article was chalk full of errors, and in several places unclear as to whether you were recapping Howard's testimony, giving your own commentary, or simply laying out known facts.
got rid of that colon at the end eh
goingsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive