Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #76
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,216
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrazorch View Post
Anybody who say it was accidental is trying to spin this. It is obvious his is groping for just the right position to flick the the top card out of the way. Without a doubt he is cheating. I don't care if it is the only video in existence. He is cheating. We will never see it a gain if BetOnline has any brains. Maybe someone will come up with an old video to verify.

I'm not sure of the dealer rules, but knowing what card is coming next will not help him, right?
What a strange ad-hominem-ish projecting-ish post. I have literally never played blackjack online and have no connection to any online gaming website (other than the ones I play online poker on ldo) and I think the most reasonable explanation this far is it being a dealer tick. It's one hand with one small bet in one video. Where's the 5000 other times this has happened if it's an active scam from the site?

IT's not "trying to spin it", it's common sense and not jumping to conclusions. Occam's razor.

To me it seems like the claim being made is that this is systemic cheating. Where's the shred of evidence showing it's systemic and deliberate? We have a sample of one (1) hand.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #77
coinflipper
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: acapulco/queretaro
Posts: 1,717
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

sodapoppin has 100's of hours playing on bol flipping around to every dealer randomly and his twitch vod's are available publicly. if this was intentional cheating there would be other instances, fact is there isnt.
coinflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #78
Nick_AA
adept
 
Nick_AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,152
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

I love how people don't want to jump to conclusions and give these seedy operators the benefit of the doubt lol.

What is that saying about separating a fool and his money again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #79
isnortbooze
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 86
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_AA View Post
What is that saying about separating a fool and his money again?
There isn't one
isnortbooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #80
coinflipper
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: acapulco/queretaro
Posts: 1,717
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_AA View Post
I love how people don't want to jump to conclusions and give these seedy operators the benefit of the doubt lol.

What is that saying about separating a fool and his money again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
every single person who has ever placed a bet on blackjack or roulete or any casino game that has a house edge is a loser doesnt matter if it is online or live. so obviously when this video pops up showing something shady taking place all of the same degenerates make a rationalization that they have been cheated and thats why they lose at online. the rest of us intelligent humans know the real reason they lose is because of math.

so obviously this and the reddit thread is going to be full of people crying cheating because 100% of the players participating are losers.
coinflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #81
xosubucknutsx
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 493
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronNoak View Post
Yeah, was only asking you to quote because I wasn't sure if you meant your second or third paragraph.

"I'd say they took a shot at a subset of online gamblers (those that gamble on casino games) who are not generally the sharpest around. Very good chance their confidence in their dealers outweighs their confidence in the average online BJ player noticing a move that so far, only a card counter was able to pick up on."

What does this have to do with the fact that we've only been able to find 1 example of the cheating? There are hundreds or maybe thousands of hours of recorded footage.

If the site is rigged there will be more than one example of cheating.

I've personally watched a couple of hours of footage (at 1.5x speed when the video service allows + skipping sometimes when it's unlikely for them to cheat) and seen no further evidence of cheating.


BetOnline switched live casino game providers today after "customer feedback". Says all you need to know about the cheating video
xosubucknutsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #82
Mike_McDee
journeyman
 
Mike_McDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 343
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerspades View Post
The houseedge for blackjack is like 0,6% or something close to that.

As i have said earlier in this thread, a cheat like this would multiply the houseedge hugely. Maybe some mathwizzard can calculate this. It wouldnt surprize me if the houseedge could be upped to >3% this way.



Thus printing 5 times as much money!



About the camera, ofcourse this can be done much smoother by a "good" dealer, this guy just ****ed up.



I do agree that 1 single video is not evidence of this happening all the time. But im not giving them the benefit of the doubt after all the past scandals.


That is the house edge if people play perfect strategy. And they don't. Like splitting 2s against a 10.
I've worked in casinos and to me, this just looks like a sloppy dealer. He may have even realised what he'd done and just thought 'f*** it, nobody will notice'.
I've seen this situation happen in a life casino but the dealer himself knew he'd done it and told his supervisor who called surveillance and rectified the hand.
Mike_McDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #83
Frenbar
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,006
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinflipper View Post
every single person who has ever placed a bet on blackjack or roulete or any casino game that has a house edge is a loser doesnt matter if it is online or live. so obviously when this video pops up showing something shady taking place all of the same degenerates make a rationalization that they have been cheated and thats why they lose at online. the rest of us intelligent humans know the real reason they lose is because of math.

so obviously this and the reddit thread is going to be full of people crying cheating because 100% of the players participating are losers.
Typically idiotic post. Its completely reasonable to play a game with negative EV and it doesn't make someone a loser. If you go skiing, you shell out $120 on a lift to ski for a few hours, are you a loser for "losing" the $120? Its no different than engaging in any other recreational activity that costs money to engage in. Gambling at a casino is entertaining for a lot of people. You get a few free drinks and have some laughs. If you gather around the roulette table with some friends and drop a few dollars, that doesn't make you a "loser". But I guess you'd need friends to understand that.
Frenbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #84
rubikon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 93
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by xosubucknutsx View Post
BetOnline switched live casino game providers today after "customer feedback". Says all you need to know about the cheating video
Uhhhh.....

Last edited by rubikon; 02-20-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Ok thats sick
rubikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #85
krcmdc
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 255
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapJacks316 View Post
What videos were you watching? He covers almost everything you would need to know about counting. Counting is not hard. It takes practice, yes, but anyone that can add and subtract the number 1 can count cards. Yes, he looks and talks like a complete degen, but that's the point.
I know how card counting works. I haven't watched any of his instructional videos. I have watched some of the videos where he enters a casino and plays blackjack. He doesn't seem to know what the hell he is doing. For instance, he doesn't seem to know the difference between tracking and locating. The things he says are often just stupid, the things he does are often just stupid. I have known several AP blackjack players, and none think like him, none behave like him. He seems by far most interested in convincing everyone around him that he is a card counting guru. It's very strange to me. Maybe he is just unique, but I have my doubts.
krcmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #86
coinflipper
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: acapulco/queretaro
Posts: 1,717
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenbar View Post
Typically idiotic post. Its completely reasonable to play a game with negative EV and it doesn't make someone a loser. If you go skiing, you shell out $120 on a lift to ski for a few hours, are you a loser for "losing" the $120? Its no different than engaging in any other recreational activity that costs money to engage in. Gambling at a casino is entertaining for a lot of people. You get a few free drinks and have some laughs. If you gather around the roulette table with some friends and drop a few dollars, that doesn't make you a "loser". But I guess you'd need friends to understand that.
you are a loser in that every bet you place is a loss. nothing more, nothing less.
coinflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #87
tobbe
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 554
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Doesn't see how this could be unintentional. However, the risk of getting caught is so much larger than the reward of cheating players out of a few hundred $ once in a while. Who would play on that site after watching this video?
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #88
Penetrator
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 24
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

If casino has 2% edge in BJ it is $2 for every round, but one cheat like that is $100 cash for one round, like 50 regular games? Maybe they pull it only when gambler is looking like handicapped in some way (like professional BJ player for example)?
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #89
prahsk87
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 299
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

To play devil's advocate maybe the dealer just likes to occasionally fiddle with the card like that before sliding it out of the shoe and he ended up accidentally sliding out the one underneath instead. But either way, it's not a good look and if it's an innocent mistake that habit should be dropped immediately.
prahsk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #90
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,068
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by xosubucknutsx View Post
BetOnline switched live casino game providers today after "customer feedback". Says all you need to know about the cheating video
Ah, so they use a third party and instead of just paying them hourly, they must pay them a % of the take. Retarded.
Hoopster81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #91
FreshThyme
adept
 
FreshThyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 702
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronNoak View Post
You need to work on your probabilities. There are percentages other than 100% and 0%.

Your perceived probability of me being a shill should have been much less than 100%.

Your perceived probability of chico being %100$ rigged should be <100% too.
I guess the question is, when did this become public knowledge? I know it was on Reddit first, but I don't spend any time there. Your account is brand new and spends a pretty large amount of your first few posts defending an online casino from the 3rd world. Why? What incentive do you have for it to be rigged or not rigged?

It seems to me you made your account just to post here but were smart enough to sprinkle in some random posts just to make it less obvious.

Another question, how did such an expert on BOL JUST find out what 2+2 is? I call bs bro, sorry......
FreshThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:13 PM   #92
ArronNoak
centurion
 
ArronNoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 142
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

you caught me
ArronNoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #93
genkiDev
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronNoak View Post
you caught me
* Statement analysis alert *
genkiDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #94
Dick Tracy
journeyman
 
Dick Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 364
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerspades View Post
The houseedge for blackjack is like 0,6% or something close to that.
As i have said earlier in this thread, a cheat like this would multiply the houseedge hugely. Maybe some mathwizzard can calculate this. It wouldnt surprize me if the houseedge could be upped to >3% this way.

Thus printing 5 times as much money!

About the camera, ofcourse this can be done much smoother by a "good" dealer, this guy just ****ed up.

I do agree that 1 single video is not evidence of this happening all the time. But im not giving them the benefit of the doubt after all the past scandals.
Best post in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
Ah, so they use a third party and instead of just paying them hourly, they must pay them a % of the take. Retarded.
Or it could be pure P.R. B.S.

Blame it on a phantom third-party. Fire the old dealers. Spend a little bread on changing the dealers' attire and environment so it looks like a new third-party outfit...
Dick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #95
ArronNoak
centurion
 
ArronNoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 142
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerspades View Post
The houseedge for blackjack is like 0,6% or something close to that.
As i have said earlier in this thread, a cheat like this would multiply the houseedge hugely. Maybe some mathwizzard can calculate this. It wouldnt surprize me if the houseedge could be upped to >3% this way.

Thus printing 5 times as much money!

About the camera, ofcourse this can be done much smoother by a "good" dealer, this guy just ****ed up.

I do agree that 1 single video is not evidence of this happening all the time. But im not giving them the benefit of the doubt after all the past scandals.
I'm sure that average house edge is greater than 0.6%

but i see your point
ArronNoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:16 AM   #96
PiedPiper2000
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 29
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

i dont think im ever going to play on Betonline for poker anymore.
PiedPiper2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #97
*CHOMP
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 82
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Live card games are rigged
*CHOMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:46 AM   #98
ZenForest
veteran
 
ZenForest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,387
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_AA View Post
if they are that bold to cheat players in such a public way imagine what they would do be willing to do when there is no chance anyone can prove they are cheating (ie: poker)..... I definitely won't be playing there anymore.

Of course a big difference is that poker isn't again the House...but still.
When the house is cheating it is #UltimateBet
ZenForest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:01 AM   #99
SuperSwag
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,093
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcmdc View Post
I know how card counting works. I haven't watched any of his instructional videos. I have watched some of the videos where he enters a casino and plays blackjack. He doesn't seem to know what the hell he is doing. For instance, he doesn't seem to know the difference between tracking and locating. The things he says are often just stupid, the things he does are often just stupid. I have known several AP blackjack players, and none think like him, none behave like him. He seems by far most interested in convincing everyone around him that he is a card counting guru. It's very strange to me. Maybe he is just unique, but I have my doubts.
pretty sure he's just playing a character in those videos to blend in.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:09 AM   #100
TooCuriousso1
#TeamUSA
 
TooCuriousso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: @TCfromUB
Posts: 4,927
Re: Chico poker network skin BetOnline blackjack dealer caught cheating

BetOnline is one of the scummiest sites still operating.
TooCuriousso1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online