Originally Posted by not2secure4u
Great initiative, would you mind giving us updates on the mails send and stuff like that and post them in this thread if this is possible ? I am sure alot of people will help in this.
I've contacted all the major dutch speaking political parties, and asked them who I should contact for giving input on the gambling law.
I've got most of the persons and sent them a mail. Oldest is now 3 days. Haven't got a reply yet, but it's holiday season so I already assumed most mails will get back slower.
Subject of the mail, in big lines:
- international playerpool is very important for us
- what things can be done to tax the player, yet still play in an international playerpool
- Having to have a physical casino in belgium is unrealistically
- depositlimits > pot/stakes limits
- one of the reasons of France failing is the highness of the tax
- we want a different statute for pure gambling games and skill-luck games like poker and backgammon
- Pokerstars is willing to get in a dialog, they can say a lot more about technical and monetary things then I ever can
that's about it, but obv. a bit more detailed and a lot more friendly.
@ bbfg: I don't think they'll give a crap about people playing against pro's, massive field tourneys or different kind of games. Just stick to the point.
I'll update here if I get a reply. There should be at least 1 replying with at least a '**** off' mail I'd guess.
EDIT: oh yeah, Mol, prov. antwerpen btw