Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip, Sponsored by Online Poker Report For poker news, views, and gossip Sponsored by Onlinepokerreport.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #351
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHAK View Post
Is 2+2 headquarters located in Vegas?
no. its in des moines...tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #352
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzuff View Post
You went straight to the Orwell card in your earlier post, therefore you're not allowed to call anybody else's posts "hackneyed drivel".
[ ] Orwell is hackneyed drivel.
[X] "Pissing in the wind" is hackneyed drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
People who think that the concept of "freedom of speech" compels Mason to publish their nonsense have a very poor understanding of freedom of speech.
This thread is located in "Two Plus Two Poker Forums"; if you are stating that MM should be able to block/edit/ban people and their statements with which he is not agreeable simply based on the fact that he is the owner of the site, then the title of this thread's location is completely misleading.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/Noun: 1.A: meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. B: A public meeting place for open discussion

If the 2+2 forums is a place for private discourse or a propaganda conduit of some sort, the contents of which are completely controlled by the owner, then the it shouldn't be called a forum, it should be called a blog with guest writers.

Last edited by SGT RJ; 03-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
frzn assets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #353
EightySix
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 126
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Does anybody here speak SIMPSONS?

Are you trying to tell us that this forum is The Android's Dungeon and Mason Malmuth is Comic Book Guy?

If so, can we have photos of his beloved napping blissfully in the many folds of his Spiderman t-shirt?
EightySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #354
Professionalpoker
 
Professionalpoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @propoker
Posts: 15,465
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

@frzn assets

You can call it whatever you like. Doesn't change reality. This is a private moderated forum which requires membership and agreement with the terms and conditions. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of the ownership or their assigns. This also includes control of the content.
Professionalpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #355
tompakee
banned
 
tompakee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: IMTK Watching you watching me:)
Posts: 1,201
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalpoker View Post
You can call it whatever you like. Doesn't change reality. This is a private moderated forum which requires membership and agreement with the terms and conditions. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of the ownership or their assigns. This also includes control of the content.
Very true.....but i would ship $5 on stars to anyone who can provide
Quote:
If so, can we have photos of his beloved napping blissfully in the many folds of his Spiderman t-shirt?
tompakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #356
Professionalpoker
 
Professionalpoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @propoker
Posts: 15,465
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

More likely to find him snuggling in...

Spoiler:
Professionalpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #357
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalpoker View Post
@frzn assets

You can call it whatever you like. Doesn't change reality. This is a private moderated forum which requires membership and agreement with the terms and conditions. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of the ownership or their assigns. This also includes control of the content.
Exactly.

...and if you question the owner's management style, even though it does not break the membership agreement's terms and conditions, you will be banned because, like you say, the owner controls all the content, like a blog.

Thank you for making my point for me.
frzn assets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #358
Professionalpoker
 
Professionalpoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @propoker
Posts: 15,465
Are you banned? Thank you for making a point.
Professionalpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #359
bronx bomber
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,110
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalpoker View Post
Are you banned? Thank you for making a point.
Oh sure. After he goes to sleep tonight he's gonna come back.....as a Pod poster.
bronx bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #360
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStick View Post
LOL It's insult to the intelligence of anybody who reads this to think the only way that could happen is you overtly directly moderators to harass/ban people for hating on you. You could be delegating it, it could be people attempting to suck up to you by defending you or it could be a general culture of nobody ****s with the Top Dog (that moniker says a lot about your attitude and approach by the way - good technology companies don't have a Top Dog they have a Chief Coach who enables those below them to do their best work).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth View Post
No. 2+2 has a Top Dog. That's the way our organization is structured. Furthermore, even though the authority for moderation is delegated to someone else, I do have the ability to do moderation when it's my decision to do so. Also, by my instructions, personal insults are something we moderate for. So please enjoy your three day vacation.Best wishes,
mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalpoker View Post
Are you banned? Thank you for making a point.
No, but HockeyStick was.

Thank you for making my point.

Last edited by frzn assets; 03-14-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Feel free to make my point for me by plagarizing my statements.
frzn assets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #361
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzn assets View Post
Exactly.

...and if you question the owner's management style, even though it does not break the membership agreement's terms and conditions, you will be banned because, like you say, the owner controls all the content, like a blog.

Thank you for making my point for me.
Here's a good point, if you don't like the way things are run here, leave.
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #362
2DMB2LIV
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,011
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post
Here's a good point, if you don't like the way things are run here, leave.
With people like you, who abandon ship the second something goes wrong, not much social evolution would've taken place for our species.

"You don't like concentration camps? Just gtfo, then"


EDIT: For the mentally challenged, I'm not saying that 2+2 is run like a concentration camp, but the analogy stands in the sense that the "abandon and leave instead of pushing for change" mindset characteristic of the weak-minded and cowardly applies similarly in this type of situation, no matter how serious or benign.
2DMB2LIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #363
ChaosReigns
old hand
 
ChaosReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pontiff of Poodles
Posts: 1,974
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

I think this thread should be moved to ATF because it is becoming more about the forum and less about Mason.
ChaosReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #364
ChaosReigns
old hand
 
ChaosReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pontiff of Poodles
Posts: 1,974
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMB2LIV View Post
With people like you, who abandon ship the second something goes wrong, not much social evolution would've taken place for our species.

"You don't like concentration camps? Just gtfo, then"


EDIT: For the mentally challenged, I'm not saying that 2+2 is run like a concentration camp, but the analogy stands in the sense that the "abandon and leave instead of pushing for change" mindset characteristic of the weak-minded and cowardly applies similarly in this type of situation, no matter how serious or benign.
Why does this place need to evolve? In the greater scheme of things, it is not that important of a location.
ChaosReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #365
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMB2LIV View Post
With people like you, who abandon ship the second something goes wrong, not much social evolution would've taken place for our species.

"You don't like concentration camps? Just gtfo, then"


EDIT: For the mentally challenged, I'm not saying that 2+2 is run like a concentration camp, but the analogy stands in the sense that the "abandon and leave instead of pushing for change" mindset characteristic of the weak-minded and cowardly applies similarly in this type of situation, no matter how serious or benign.
If you're speaking to me then you obviously have me confused with someone else. I've been around here 8 years and have been very vocal about things I'd like to see change for the betterment of this community.

The difference is I make my suggestions without taking pot shots at people and address the issues I would like to see changed in a clear and succinct fashion. If you think those comments you're addressing are at all constructive and not cheap shots than I doubt very seriously you're qualified to comment on them at all.
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #366
2DMB2LIV
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,011
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosReigns View Post
Why does this place need to evolve? In the greater scheme of things, it is not that important of a location.
The integrity and quality of the greater scheme of things depends on the integrity and quality of the smaller parts it's comprised of.
2DMB2LIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #367
Blizzuff
veteran
 
Blizzuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,704
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post
Here's a good point, if you don't like the way things are run here, leave.
But what's hilarious about this is that every time this kind of thing comes up, on any forum, the owners/mods/whoever always start with the "we don't muzzle anyone/we are all about free discussion and constructive criticism etc etc" line, convincing themselves that they're all about logical, objective, fair discussion.

Then, the normal cycle begins where holes get punched in that, people get flustered and the heavy handedness starts, while being defended by "so and so broke the rules/went over the line/etc".

The next stage is that it gets pointed out that these "rules enforcements" are anything but objective and fair, and then finally the "yeah well it's a private forum, we can do what we want, if you don't like it, leave" comes out.

That's great and all, but it'd be nice if people would just say that from the start instead of trying to pretend that the situation is anything else.
Blizzuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #368
2DMB2LIV
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,011
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post
If you're speaking to me then you obviously have me confused with someone else. I've been around here 8 years and have been very vocal about things I'd like to see change for the betterment of this community.

The difference is I make my suggestions without taking pot shots at people and address the issues I would like to see changed in a clear and succinct fashion. If you think those comments you're addressing are at all constructive and not cheap shots than I doubt very seriously you're qualified to comment on them at all.
Then you should choose your words more wisely because your earlier post expressed anything but what you just wrote.
2DMB2LIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #369
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosReigns View Post
I think this thread should be moved to ATF because it is becoming more about the forum and less about Mason.
Good Point and pretty much what I was alluding to in my last post.
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #370
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMB2LIV View Post
Then you should choose your words more wisely because your earlier post expressed anything but what you just wrote.
No, I meant exactly what I said, you're just confusing constructive criticism with pot shots and arrogance.
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #371
DaycareInferno
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DaycareInferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,283
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hughes View Post
Can you name another Americzn company that would allow and pay for this thread? The original title is a lie. If you word a scientific questionnaire, you would never have such a leading, stupid, false statement. I've been very active in poker as a player and writer. I read a great deal about poker. To compare TwoPlusTwo to George Orwell is really dumb. I believe it proves the idiot's looking for attention have not read, and would not understand Orwell. This is the biggest and best poker forum. I don't see why Mason and David allow the child-like attacks from the momma's basement crowd. Many are lies and distortions. Banning doesn't do much because the momma's basement crowd are hiding behind fake names anyway. What ****ing cowards! They snipe away at successful people with no credentials, resume, or accomplishments to brag about themselves.

The poker books on TwoPlusTwo have made a great contribution to poker, especially realistic, probability-based play. TwoPlusTwo books have a seal of approval. There are a huge number of poker books out there.

This thread is a loser's convention. It allows the useless pricks that are by definition haters to go after someone that has a proven track record for success.They are stuck in some cubical job where they bore folks lying about their poker winnings. I think that if you see a hater, you see a gambling sucker. They are the brokes who hate, think they are cheated, have to look at poker from that loser/sucker/fool/hater side. I wish one of you would go to a psycholgist and say, "I hate Mason Malmuth. He is hated by a lot of big wheels in poker. I can't name any. I have never met him. I don't know **** about his company. What I really hate is that he laughs at me and the momma's basement, hater, low IQ crowd who simply do not matter to him! What's wrong with him?"

I spent my career teaching in a university. I taught graduate, undergraduate and honors students. At its best, TwoPlusTwo is an open exchange of information and idess. It is great to write here, and have suggestions, new information, corrections. I do pay attention to the serious critics.

About a week ago, Mason Malmuth suggerted I order and read Robert K. DeArment's Knights of the Green Cloth. I also ordered a biography of Bat Masterson by the same author. I will be reading these with great pleasure.

TwoPlusTwo haters are like the folks who made prank or obscene phone calls. They hide behind a fake name to attempt to hurt others, but their complete life insignificance makes their comments come across like jealosy, envy, ignorance, and a mind set that condemns them to a momma's basement of the mind kind of life. **** the haters! Their over estimation of their own imporance is the funniest part of this, and this thread is funny. I'll bet Mason laughs at it or it would not be here!! I certainly admire Mason!
oh yeah? well enjoy your 3 day vacation mister hughes...............if you happen to be on an actual vacation that is.
DaycareInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #372
ChaosReigns
old hand
 
ChaosReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pontiff of Poodles
Posts: 1,974
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMB2LIV View Post
The integrity and quality of the greater scheme of things depends on the integrity and quality of the smaller parts it's comprised of.
If evolution is important, it has to be a two way street. We cannot ask the owners to do better while we wallow in the mud.
ChaosReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #373
atthebottom77
old hand
 
atthebottom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Everywhere you want to be
Posts: 1,486
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzn assets View Post

If the 2+2 forums is a place for private discourse or a propaganda conduit of some sort, the contents of which are completely controlled by the owner, then the it shouldn't be called a forum, it should be called a blog with guest writers.
how are things on sesame street. gl embracing the future.

Last edited by atthebottom77; 03-14-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: this guy ;) (hth)
atthebottom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #374
ChaosReigns
old hand
 
ChaosReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pontiff of Poodles
Posts: 1,974
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycareInferno View Post
oh yeah? well enjoy your 3 day vacation mister hughes...............if you happen to be on an actual vacation that is.
Nothing will happen now because Johnny has been even more specific as to who he was insulting in the past and nothing happened.
ChaosReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #375
EightySix
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 126
Re: Why is Mason Malmuth so hated in the poker industry?

Please dumb it down for us in simple Star Trek-ese

For those of you that know the man. Would Mason Malmuth rather spend an hour proving himself right in a poker argument or would he prefer an hour on the holodeck with Seven of Nine?
EightySix is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online