Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #51
dougmanct
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 174
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

This just smacks of yet another poker site/network springing up, presumably, "just because".

- Nothing special about the software
- Nothing special about the games offered or promise of an exceptionally soft player pool
- Lack of official rakeback program
- No P2P transfers, and most importantly,
- No means to instantly get money off the site (ewallets, bitcoins).

The last 2 are really what will guarantee that this site will never take off.

In a world where "legal" online poker has returned in multiple states and it is now inevitable that list of states will grow every year, and that means sites inevitably with the ability to withdraw to "legal" ewallets pretty much instantly "like the good old days", not being able to compete in payout processing is a recipe for almost guaranteed failure.

If I'm running this site I have that epiphany, immediately, and announce plans to integrate BTC deposit/withdraw options. At least there, you have a ton of ways to pretty much instantly convert your BTC to moneypaks, sell them for cash, etc etc. if desired. Not perfect, but exponentially faster than the "play poker, win some money, then sit around for a week or more waiting for a check that you then wait another few days to cash".
dougmanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #52
SandyTaylor
Poker Site Rep
 
SandyTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 58
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongGrinder View Post
...

So, my question is what makes EPN any different than the other subpar poker sites U.S. players have to choose from? I just don't get it. Is it that hard for a site to model themselves after Pokerstars or FTP? I think they are a little successful, no? It's like these new sites want to suck on purpose.
KingKongGrinder
We can't speak for EPN or their flagship room but we believe that Integer does present a good poker room model to players.

Please do understand that I can not go into detail of our promotions in this thread since we're not advertising with 2+2 yet. Therefore I can't discuss our promotion details here. Since you've mentioned PokerStars, their loyalty program rewards 18% cash back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveThis View Post
Oh I see it now. Sandy that is a very disappointing cash back rate. 16% is at the bottom end for US poker sites. I like previous posters are left asking why Equity? Your way to capture the market is simply through a industry leading rewards program. I get up to 35% back at other sites.
I understand that our CB is lower compared to most US sites but compares to other operators we've benchmarked ourself against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmanct View Post
This just smacks of yet another poker site/network springing up, presumably, "just because".

- Nothing special about the software
- Nothing special about the games offered or promise of an exceptionally soft player pool
- Lack of official rakeback program
- No P2P transfers, and most importantly,
- No means to instantly get money off the site (ewallets, bitcoins).

The last 2 are really what will guarantee that this site will never take off.

In a world where "legal" online poker has returned in multiple states and it is now inevitable that list of states will grow every year, and that means sites inevitably with the ability to withdraw to "legal" ewallets pretty much instantly "like the good old days", not being able to compete in payout processing is a recipe for almost guaranteed failure.

If I'm running this site I have that epiphany, immediately, and announce plans to integrate BTC deposit/withdraw options. At least there, you have a ton of ways to pretty much instantly convert your BTC to moneypaks, sell them for cash, etc etc. if desired. Not perfect, but exponentially faster than the "play poker, win some money, then sit around for a week or more waiting for a check that you then wait another few days to cash".
P2P can be requested via support. There is a number of reasons why we're not allowing direct P2P. At least for now.

Being able to offer bitcoin as one of our processing options is one of Integer's priorities and we're working on the implementation but it's unlikely that it will be available before Q1 2014.

Please note that the US is not our main target market. Integer promotes mainly to the EU and other countries. ROW e-wallets will be available to our players shortly and will meet industry standard processing times.
SandyTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #53
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyTaylor View Post
Since you've mentioned PokerStars, their loyalty program rewards 18% cash back.
That's the bottom level of their rewards program, which is still higher than Integer's. Do you really want to get into comparing your rewards program to PS? I don't want to make you look silly now.
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #54
ILoveThis
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 40
US Poker Legislation ONE TIME BABY!

Lol sucks others got my hopes up thinking Equity would be some new solution for us. It's Carbon Poker basically after Carbon Poker stripped their entire VIP program. How they think they are going to attract EU players is freakin mind blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongGrinder View Post
That's the bottom level of their rewards program, which is still higher than Integer's. Do you really want to get into comparing your rewards program to PS? I don't want to make you look silly now.
Do it for the sake of seeing her explain how they plan to attract EU players when they have Stars and FTP.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 11-08-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: 2 posts merged
ILoveThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #55
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveThis View Post
US Poker Legislation ONE TIME BABY!

Lol sucks others got my hopes up thinking Equity would be some new solution for us. It's Carbon Poker basically after Carbon Poker stripped their entire VIP program. How they think they are going to attract EU players is freakin mind blowing.
Seriously! EU players have so many options, I don't know how they think this garbage is going to attract their play. Even though the U.S. market has been decimated, there are still enough players to have a site with decent traffic if it's done right. It's the U.S. market that is currently up for grabs, not the EU market.

Now, the Asian market might be open for the taking, but I don't know enough about that.
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #56
lotuselise88
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 271
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Wow this Rep must of been fed a bunch of crap by the network Executives because its obvious she has no idea what she's talking about.
lotuselise88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #57
Lotje
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 137
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Sandy, thanks for your participation here. It must be so disappointing as a representative to see how greedy and negative the poker community can be.

Some people are living in the past and unaware of the online poker landscape changing. Gone are the days of pokerrooms catering to the grinder and rakeback whores. It's about finding a niche in the online market and attracting the type of players they want around. Nobody is forcing you to play there and the best thing about being a consumer, being able to vote with your own two feet.

I have no doubt that Clive and his team are committed to this. If other operators are praising your ideas and efforts, then you must be doing it right. I believe EPN will grow in time and the competition will be soft. Probably all the naysayers will want to play there then, but wait.. HUDs will not work there, so maybe not.

Good luck to Integer and others on this journey. I, along with many others, will be supporting you along the way.
Lotje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #58
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

^^^^^^^^
Only a shill would add the CEO's name in a post like they're friendly with each other. It hasn't gone unnoticed by me. This is at least your second shill post defending the CEO. Get lost. Better yet, I will get lost. I'm not playing on this site anyway.

Last edited by KingKongGrinder; 11-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #59
Lotje
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 137
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

I can see how one might think that and apologise for sounding like a corporate shill.

I'm only trying to stop people from linking this to BO/Chico and educating them on the founder. The man didn't launch a new network to steal your monies.
Lotje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #60
ILoveThis
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 40
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotje View Post
I can see how one might think that and apologise for sounding like a corporate shill.

I'm only trying to stop people from linking this to BO/Chico and educating them on the founder. The man didn't launch a new network to steal your monies.
Why lol? What's in it for you?
ILoveThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #61
Deb4ser
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 342
Software is godawful. And did y'all just feel like antes weren't important?

I know it's a freeroll I'm playing right now, but these are some of the worst players I have ever played against.

So, you cancelled the 5k free roll, huh?


Sick bait n' switch.


Really great start. I'll never put money on this bull**** site.

EAD, Full Flush.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 11-08-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: 2 posts merged
Deb4ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #62
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb4ser View Post
So, you cancelled the 5k free roll, huh?


Sick bait n' switch.


Really great start. I'll never put money on this bull**** site.

EAD, Full Flush.
I'm not sure why you think that the 5k has been cancelled. It hasn't been posted yet. Hopefully it is still on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyTaylor View Post
Please do understand that I can not go into detail of our promotions in this thread since we're not advertising with 2+2 yet. Therefore I can't discuss our promotion details here. Since you've mentioned PokerStars, their loyalty program rewards 18% cash back.
After all the hype about how much money the skins themselves are saving at Equity, if the promotions aren't generous, the site will fail. If the 18% is supplemented by other promotions that would be OK but 18% on its own just doesn't cut it; and it certainly isn't as good as PokerStars.

Also the rake for the sitngos is 10% on all buy-ins; that is clearly too high. If you are going to compete with the ROW market you are going to have to be competitive. If you are going to be using Chico software you are going to need to be offering players something extra if you want them to play there.

I'm also hoping that the trolls don't take over this thread.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #63
TheRedCuban
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 101
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Very Sad, Looks like another mediocre poker network which again offers the U.S customer no quick method of pulling their money off. Guess the WPN will remain the leader in the U.S.

Sandy,

Please talk with management about opening up P2P transfers. Once P2P transfers are allowed, you will receive a lot more traffic, until then, I'll be watching from the sidelines.

I do wish you and your company continued growth and prosperity but unfortunately I won't be one of your customers till you cater more to the U.S customer.
TheRedCuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
ILoveThis
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 40
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post

I'm also hoping that the trolls don't take over this thread.
Nobody is trolling. Their business model is lol bad and deserves criticism. I mean it's like they have a perfect opportunity to get our business but instead go for the same mentality of trying to kickback the bare minimum.

It's like nobody understand this basic concept.

High rake/bare minimum incentives = small volatile player pool
Standard rake/Stars like rewards = ENTIRE US MARKET

They can't get past their own greed to see the big picture and that's why they won't succeed.
ILoveThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #65
RvrRatKilla
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edge of the gene pool with Chlorox
Posts: 216
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Tried to download to check out the software, getting an error: The signature of FullFlushPoker.exe is corrupt or invalid.

Think I'll avoid this one and wait for the "we cant cash out thread." gg, wp, and all that stuff.
RvrRatKilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #66
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveThis View Post
Nobody is trolling. Their business model is lol bad and deserves criticism. I mean it's like they have a perfect opportunity to get our business but instead go for the same mentality of trying to kickback the bare minimum.

It's like nobody understand this basic concept.

High rake/bare minimum incentives = small volatile player pool
Standard rake/Stars like rewards = ENTIRE US MARKET

They can't get past their own greed to see the big picture and that's why they won't succeed.
Considering that they just opened today, I think that you are assuming that you know more than you can possibly know about how the site will be run.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #67
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Well, we know what we as customers are being offered, so that's at least some indication about how they run the site. Arggg, i said I wasn't coming back in this thread.

Mediocre software
standard rake
subpar rewards
no p2p transfers

Meh, more of the same for U.S. players. Even with our limited options I can still find 5 other sites that offer more than EPN. I'm underwhelmed.

Trust me that when I heard of a new network opening up I was all excited. I was hoping for a better option than we have now, but unfortunately that's not the case. Who knows, they just opened. Maybe they will make changes and I will play there in the future.
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #68
ILoveThis
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 40
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Considering that they just opened today, I think that you are assuming that you know more than you can possibly know about how the site will be run.
They're dealing cards and they're giving 16% max cash back. Oh and they have a deposit bonus. They modeled Carbon Poker.

gg
ILoveThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #69
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveThis View Post
They're dealing cards and they're giving 16% max cash back. Oh and they have a deposit bonus. They modeled Carbon Poker.

gg
Actually, FullFlush is only giving 5% I believe. Maybe someone can confirm that.
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #70
MarkoPolo
old hand
 
MarkoPolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,588
So, let me get this straight. There are no P2P transfers, so you want me to use a traditional method to deposit and pray that my money doesn't get locked up as I won't have any quick means of moving funds?

I'll take a "hard pass" on Equity. Good luck to those who deposit.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #71
-sham-
old hand
 
-sham-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Posts: 1,752
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongGrinder View Post
Well, we know what we as customers are being offered, so that's at least some indication about how they run the site. Arggg, i said I wasn't coming back in this thread.

Mediocre software
standard rake
subpar rewards
no p2p transfers

Meh, more of the same for U.S. players. Even with our limited options I can still find 5 other sites that offer more than EPN. I'm underwhelmed.

Trust me that when I heard of a new network opening up I was all excited. I was hoping for a better option than we have now, but unfortunately that's not the case. Who knows, they just opened. Maybe they will make changes and I will play there in the future.
EPN states they allow up to 50% rakeback by network rules... just the first couple skins out the block are not offering it... probably due to lack of competition within the network.

Hopefully some better reward systems will come in time.
-sham- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #72
mdroz247
adept
 
mdroz247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,196
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongGrinder View Post

How closely tied is EPN to Chico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
I'm not familiar with the history of Chico. I only signed on to one of their skins a couple of weeks ago. Currently, I can't even log onto Equity software while I'm on Chico.
...I'm surprised this comment hasn't been addressed yet.
mdroz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #73
HurtLocker
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 297
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvrRatKilla View Post
Tried to download to check out the software, getting an error: The signature of FullFlushPoker.exe is corrupt or invalid.

Think I'll avoid this one and wait for the "we cant cash out thread." gg, wp, and all that stuff.
LMAO, exactly what I was thinking too.
HurtLocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #74
KingKongGrinder
Pooh-Bah
 
KingKongGrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,593
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdroz247 View Post
...I'm surprised this comment hasn't been addressed yet.
I did notice that. I was hoping Santa would come back on to address it.

Santa?
KingKongGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #75
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: *** Unofficial Equity Poker Network Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sham- View Post
EPN states they allow up to 50% rakeback by network rules... just the first couple skins out the block are not offering it... probably due to lack of competition within the network.

Hopefully some better reward systems will come in time.
I think that this is a good point. On the other networks the skins are very restricted on what they can offer, which stifles competition between the skins. The Equity skins on the other hand are given broad latitude on what they can offer in the form of promotions which encourages competition. Obviously any benefits from competition aren't going to exist on opening day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongGrinder View Post
I did notice that. I was hoping Santa would come back on to address it.

Santa?
I'm not sure why it needs addressing. Equity and Chico uses the same software so it's not surprising that a player can't open a Chico client at the same time as an Equity client since that security feature is pretty much hard wired into it. The software is leased to both networks by a 3rd party. It's something that their programmers will need to resolve once they get the site up and running if they haven't already.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online