Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #101
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrhills View Post
I just deposited a small amount to test the games out and am in awe of how soft they are at the moment, I'm struggling to understand all the hate.

Is it just that the software is so annoying? I mean, of course I'd prefer faster/more reliable/more user-friendly software but considering the lack of options to US players I'm more than willing to take what I can get. Am I missing something?

Sure there is the potential for collusion with the anonymity, but there are ways of making money on this site. Is cashing out an issue?

I opened this thread to see if everyone else felt like it was Party Poker '04 again (and I mean that in the best way possible) but apparently not.

Could anyone clarify?
And the above just proves why Bodogavada will never have issues getting customers. They can release the most security flawed, bug ridden software and shun their solid customers, but guys like the above will notice what they do, ignore the rest and Bodogavada will have a customer base that goes on and on.

Morphy
XaQ Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #102
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,514
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Check this out, Becky sent it to me and I posted it in one of the threads:

http://calvinayre.com/2011/12/16/bus...e-name-bovada/

"So you can see that Bovada.LV is really just all about fun and the planned future expansion into Latin America."

Morphy
Interesting. So that covers Latin America, but I've still heard nothing about Canada.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #103
Zephyrhills
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
And the above just proves why Bodogavada will never have issues getting customers. They can release the most security flawed, bug ridden software and shun their solid customers, but guys like the above will notice what they do, ignore the rest and Bodogavada will have a customer base that goes on and on.

Morphy
There's hate literally dripping from your post.

I understand that by playing on the site I am implicitly supporting their decision to provide an inferior product.

That said, in my opinion, we're simply in limbo right now waiting for new legislation which will force them to shape up or ship out to survive in the marketplace.

During this period of transition I am looking to exploit whatever soft games are available with the goal of making my bank account larger.

To that end, I have found Bovada to be a very lucrative opportunity thus far. I am simply asking if there are any issues that I have yet to encounter which may alter my current perception of the potential profit to be made there.

Can you please a) provide a response which furthers the dialogue I'm trying to start, or b) explain what exactly it is that makes you so upset?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm a longtime poster with 10s of thousands of posts on this site (this is simply an alias I felt was wise to use) so please tone down the condescension, I'm not a rando donk.

Thanks and look forward to your response
Zephyrhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #104
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrhills View Post
There's hate literally dripping from your post.

I understand that by playing on the site I am implicitly supporting their decision to provide an inferior product.

That said, in my opinion, we're simply in limbo right now waiting for new legislation which will force them to shape up or ship out to survive in the marketplace.

During this period of transition I am looking to exploit whatever soft games are available with the goal of making my bank account larger.

To that end, I have found Bovada to be a very lucrative opportunity thus far. I am simply asking if there are any issues that I have yet to encounter which may alter my current perception of the potential profit to be made there.

Can you please a) provide a response which furthers the dialogue I'm trying to start, or b) explain what exactly it is that makes you so upset?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm a longtime poster with 10s of thousands of posts on this site (this is simply an alias I felt was wise to use) so please tone down the condescension, I'm not a rando donk.

Thanks and look forward to your response
Hate wasn't directed at you, but yes, there was hate dripping from my post. I've been a loyal Bodog customer for years. They've ignored constant complaints about bugs for 4-5 years, insisting that the problem was on my end, my internet connection, my firewall, whatever. They had such basic flaws and basic bugs that it was obvious they were never intending on fixing them.

Then they come along and say oh wait, we're going to have the greatest software release ever, it will fix all the bugs, and will compete with the biggest online sites.

The software they released is actually worse than the original. I'm not even bringing in the anonymous player issue here. I'm talking about standard bugs that should never make an alpha release, much less see a customer base.

From there we go to the anonymous player feature. They implemented this and swore that a unique ID did not make it down to the client. This was disproved within 2 days, and then they lied about "fixing" it.

Now, on top of all this, Bodogavada execs released press releases, blog posts, and forum comments making fun of their loyal customer bases and flat out saying they didn't want any of their business. Did you read that? They don't want winning players on their site. Links to these articles can be found in the Bodog thread, but trust me, they're there.

So yeah, there's hate in my post. As a long time player I've called Bodog my home off and on since 2005 and feel like they just handed me my stuff in a box and told me to **** off. Which, they actually did.

Morphy
XaQ Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #105
LT22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,841
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Interesting. So that covers Latin America, but I've still heard nothing about Canada.
I thought Rebecca always said how the MGCC (sp?) ran the North America operations
LT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #106
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Interesting. So that covers Latin America, but I've still heard nothing about Canada.
Yeah me neither. I do have one interesting tidbit on that, although I don't think it has anything to do with it. There was a time when Bodog didn't allow players from Canada to play, they blocked all network access to it. During that same time a friend of mine who lives in Canada was asked to beta test their v3 software release. He gave them a list of bugs which of course were never fixed. Interesting that they had someone not allowed to play on their network to beta test it and then ignored all of his findings.

Morphy
XaQ Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #107
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,514
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Yes, they didn't accept Canadians at all until a year or two ago. I believe the issue originally was that since Calvin Ayre is Canadian and was living here, he was concerned about problems for him here.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #108
WEC
veteran
 
WEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ACME Manufacturing Plant
Posts: 2,472
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrhills View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm a longtime poster with 10s of thousands of posts on this site (this is simply an alias I felt was wise to use) so please tone down the condescension, I'm not a rando donk.
Interesting. You made at least one separate account (no doubt more) on 2+2 in 2008, and decided to use it for the first time at the end of 2011, to discuss the horribly heated, drama-filled, member splitting, civil war discussions revolving around Bovine Poker?

WEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #109
delta6788
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: delta6789 on lock
Posts: 271
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

i miss tracking the winnings... for anyone who played tonight i won the $11 4k and the $2 500 guar. I also finished 10th in the 60$ 10k with my AA losing to q9... im very anti rigtard but i literally won 60 out of 62 flips tonight. Still fun and and after trying so hard for a 4 figure score for 2 years i had 5 this year. gl and happy new years bovada grinders
delta6788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #110
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatantlyrigged View Post
Hate to tell you this George because of what happened at PPN, but if you have any money on Bovada tables, its gone too.
I hope your wrong on both counts!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebra View Post
Has everyone who is now locked out of the cash game tables been using Holdem Indicator?
Nope been using it every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrew2plus2 View Post
I wasn't using it and I just found cash tables closed -- I was thinking of buying it -- but now I will hold off to see if Bovoda disables it somehow.
I bet ya they don't even know about this... so shhhhh keep it on the DL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedjustice View Post
First part is good to hear. Second part sounds familiar. FWIW, I'm embarrassed to be bringing this up. I'm not going to mention it again until I'm down at least 200BI. At that point I'll probably put on my tinfoil hat and head over to the riggie thread.
LOL i feel your pain i thought my downswing was over but it's not...but FWIW i did play horrible today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
I am pretty ****ing upset right now.

So I guess HUD's have worked since 12/8.

So funny how you scum bags have been using huds for weeks now, and barely anyone mentions it. How is this not worse for the fish?
No HUD's haven't worked since 12/8 if your retard ass wasn't so lazy you'd look ITT only Holdem Indicator works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I don't play on Bodog, but I've known about HUDs on there for weeks because it's been posted about so many times. And AFAIK, Bodog has no rule against it, so how is anyone a scum bag for using one?
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh1973 View Post
So has Bodog left the US yet? i am guessing they aren't allowing new US sign ups or are they?
im not even gonna bother...now i know why the mod's are always sighing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest View Post
How in the world do you get the HUD to work?
If you don't have it, then buy it update it and bam....if you do have it then yours should work HI only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
You flip through the threads and find the name of the HUD that still works, go to their web page and buy it for 79 Euros.

I guess your right Bob. However, I challenge anyone who is using a HUD right now on Bodog to honestly say they don't feel a tad scummy about it knowing that everyone else at the table thinks its anonymous and no HUDS.
That's their problem this whole anon table is bullchit... rec players can go out and by huds or software like the next guy can...but if their still in the dark maybe they shouldn't be playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh1973 View Post
So why does anyone even play there then? There are much better sites out there than that.
name 1 for USA players and i'll debate why your wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
And the above just proves why Bodogavada will never have issues getting customers. They can release the most security flawed, bug ridden software and shun their solid customers, but guys like the above will notice what they do, ignore the rest and Bodogavada will have a customer base that goes on and on.

Morphy
Hey I copyrighted Bodog(vada)!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT22 View Post
I thought Rebecca always said how the MGCC (sp?) ran the North America operations
Forget becky...useless as customer service is.
georgebushda3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #111
jamest
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,276
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

How do you use the hud? I have PT3 and it does not work.
jamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #112
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,514
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest View Post
How do you use the hud? I have PT3 and it does not work.
Sigh.

Did the advice you were given when you asked this question less than 12 hours ago not work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
You flip through the threads and find the name of the HUD that still works, go to their web page and buy it for 79 Euros.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #113
jamest
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,276
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

I saw that post. I thought it was a joke/level.
jamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #114
CheckRaise_
veteran
 
CheckRaise_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: too late axe in the car
Posts: 2,747
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrhills View Post
I just deposited a small amount to test the games out and am in awe of how soft they are at the moment, I'm struggling to understand all the hate.

Is it just that the software is so annoying? I mean, of course I'd prefer faster/more reliable/more user-friendly software but considering the lack of options to US players I'm more than willing to take what I can get. Am I missing something?

Sure there is the potential for collusion with the anonymity, but there are ways of making money on this site. Is cashing out an issue?

I opened this thread to see if everyone else felt like it was Party Poker '04 again (and I mean that in the best way possible) but apparently not.

Could anyone clarify?
what method did you you use to deposit?
CheckRaise_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #115
b finkelstein
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 667
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest View Post
How do you use the hud? I have PT3 and it does not work.
every single last post from this guy is him asking a question, must be the most curious guy in the world.
b finkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #116
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,514
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

But they're always very well-thought out questions.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #117
b-dogBecky
Bodog Brand Ambassador
 
b-dogBecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 198
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Hey guys,

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not involved with Bovada in any way- I work for Bodog Brand and Bovada has nothing to do with Bodog Brand. My advice would be to give Bovada CS a call if you have any questions!

Also, there are still a number of bodog licensed operators still in operation including Bodog.co.uk, Bodog.ca and Bodog88.com (Check out BodogBrand.com for more details on this). If any of you are playing on these bodog branded sites I'm here to help- just PM me to get my attention.

Thanks!
Becky
b-dogBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #118
joeyrulesall
Pooh-Bah
 
joeyrulesall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: saugus, ma
Posts: 3,519
What is the point of this bs name change and Becky pretending it's not the same site. Shady stuff going on. It's the same software, same customer service, same everything as before but now Becky has nothing to do with it. This is the biggest joke in online poker ever.
joeyrulesall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #119
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrulesall View Post
What is the point of this bs name change and Becky pretending it's not the same site. Shady stuff going on. It's the same software, same customer service, same everything as before but now Becky has nothing to do with it. This is the biggest joke in online poker ever.
If you would have taken some time to actually read the previous announcements, you would know the answer to it. The Bodog brand has officially left the US as of December 15th and the Morris Mohawk Gaming Group (MMGG) continues to offer their service (poker, sports betting etc.) to its US players on the newly formed Bovada. It stays on the Bodog network and shares the traffic, but all players from the US have been switched from Bodog to Bovada.

And nope, it is not the same customer service anymore.

P.S. hint: Becky doesn't work for MMGG.

Last edited by 39suited; 12-28-2011 at 01:04 PM.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #120
djg1979
adept
 
djg1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,024
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Got everything right except it is the same CS. MMGG has been running Bodog's US site for years.
djg1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #121
GoDeViLs
veteran
 
GoDeViLs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,270
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

if i am not mistaken (could because cannot look at bodog website anymore), the customer service phone number that I used many times for bodog is the same now with bovada.

it might be better for the brand ambassador not say anything at all rather than these statements clearly made to disassociate themselves from this 'new' poker room. I obv know what she is doing but clouding the situation even more is pushing it imo.
GoDeViLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #122
Zephyrhills
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 69
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaise_ View Post
what method did you you use to deposit?
Visa - the one with the fee when you purchase (make sure you read the back to make sure it doesn't say explicitly for US use). It's the same method I used to fund my account when it was Bodog.

Also, lol at Bovine Becky reposting the same thing right after 20 posts railing her for posting her nonsense in the first place.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 12-28-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Zephyrhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #123
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBatemyoreos View Post
Quit posting your useless information and clogging up space on the internet.
As long as you also follow your own advice as well.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #124
KGBatemyoreos
grinder
 
KGBatemyoreos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cardboard box on the beach.
Posts: 468
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

lol, thanks 39suited, will do. too bad it got deleted.
KGBatemyoreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #125
kleinstein000
old hand
 
kleinstein000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,338
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
if i am not mistaken (could because cannot look at bodog website anymore), the customer service phone number that I used many times for bodog is the same now with bovada.

it might be better for the brand ambassador not say anything at all rather than these statements clearly made to disassociate themselves from this 'new' poker room. I obv know what she is doing but clouding the situation even more is pushing it imo.
You are mistaken. It is not the same number anymore I dont believe
kleinstein000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online