Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM   #43726
Bozo7
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 139
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Not having much trouble getting 4 tables loaded but they seem to get short handed much quicker than before, and therefore also break up quicker.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #43727
Mythranite
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo7 View Post
Not having much trouble getting 4 tables loaded but they seem to get short handed much quicker than before, and therefore also break up quicker.
Same. The ease in finding tables could be that I'm still in the micros (25nl), but I'm having a much easier time loading up full 6-max tables than before. However, as you stated, it's rare that I'm able to get ~80+ hands on the table before it breaks. It seems like once the table is filled and a seat opens up it never gets filled again.
Mythranite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #43728
Rutledge Smitty
journeyman
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: See my PLO PG&C
Posts: 280
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythranite View Post
Same. The ease in finding tables could be that I'm still in the micros (25nl), but I'm having a much easier time loading up full 6-max tables than before. However, as you stated, it's rare that I'm able to get ~80+ hands on the table before it breaks. It seems like once the table is filled and a seat opens up it never gets filled again.
Yeah I agree with this. Even if I get a table where I'm 5th or 6th player at it it slowly breaks and I rarely see a seat filled. Not sure if that's just lack of traffic or poor refilling of tables. Noticed this on both a Friday night and Sunday afternoon/night when I figure there's at least decent traffic going.
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #43729
tgiggity
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 185
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythranite View Post
Same. The ease in finding tables could be that I'm still in the micros (25nl), but I'm having a much easier time loading up full 6-max tables than before. However, as you stated, it's rare that I'm able to get ~80+ hands on the table before it breaks. It seems like once the table is filled and a seat opens up it never gets filled again.
Seems like this is happening because the seating script is prioritizing starting new tables over filling existing ones. New tables are getting started too fast so old tables can't refill.
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #43730
mdroz247
old hand
 
mdroz247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,201
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

If they are just trying to protect fish, they should have done something like hide pot averages and % of players per flop. Maybe even auto assign you a seat, but still let you pick the specific table. This seems silly, I chat a good bit at the tables and even casual players seem to dislike it. Also traffic seems way down, at least at 200NL. There has been speculation that maybe they seat you based on WR, because the games seem tougher. But maybe the recs just don't like the current feature. It's so ironic that it is advertised on their site as a "faster" way to get into a game. But it's like an extra 4-5 clicks and sometimes you just end up at an empty table.
mdroz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #43731
CrockPot1027
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 285
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STinLA View Post
And there is nothing in there that can be read as saying net depositers are cheaters, despite what some clueless guy commenting below said, unless there was a previous version that they have since edited.
Nobody is saying net depositors are cheaters, not even the article. Not sure where you got that from, or how that would even make sense.

What the article does basically say is that net withdrawers i.e. Skilled players are just as bad for their room as cheaters. What's next, are they going to sieze accounts for being a net withdrawer since its the same thing as being a cheater in their eyes?

Help yourself out and read between the lines, like others have said it's less and less transparency from these people everyday.
CrockPot1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #43732
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,422
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockPot1027 View Post
Nobody is saying net depositors are cheaters, not even the article. Not sure where you got that from, or how that would even make sense.
I didn't say the press release said that. I referred to the comment below the press release (by the guy from Kentucky), which you'll see is now marked as "edited." I agree that what he said before made no sense, and I guess he also realized how foolish it looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockPot1027 View Post
Help yourself out and read between the lines, like others have said it's less and less transparency from these people everyday.
I don't need any help. I didn't say any of this was untrue, and I agree with most it. What I disagree with are logic fails in the service of a position I otherwise agree with because they undermine the overall credibility of that position.
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #43733
TopPairNine
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 167
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

[QUOTE][/Help yourself out and read between the lines, like others have said it's less and less transparency from these people every day.
CrockPot1027 is offline Report Post QUOTE]

I am in no way defending or supporting any of what this or any of the sites have done. But let's be real about things we are unregulated sites. People are mad because it's harder for them to make money. ( makes sense).. Bodog feels it's their business to make these changes.Time will tell. The sad truth is Online poker in the US is in tough shape, and nothing will change until we have open markets with a little competition We are left with changing sites, Playing Live, or quitting.

I think it's worth noting that things are in such bad shape because your Avg player will not put money on one of these sites. No ADs, Bitcoin (WTF to most folks) It has been 10 years since it was super easy to punt $100 on a weekend. Yes, it's harder for pros, but it's harder for sites as well (not that anyone cares.) I do find it interesting that Unibet use a similar and more aggressive model, and games seem good. Also, has a big fan base. WTF, do I know. Next up, Calvin Ayre admits he is still behind it all... In an effort to be more transparent with players.

Last edited by TopPairNine; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.
TopPairNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #43734
ontiltinchicago
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 465
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

[QUOTE=TopPairNine;52111803]
Quote:
[/Help yourself out and read between the lines, like others have said it's less and less transparency from these people every day.
CrockPot1027 is offline Report Post QUOTE]

I am in no way defending or supporting any of what this or any of the sites have done. But let's be real about things we are unregulated sites. People are mad because it's harder for them to make money. ( makes sense).. Bodog feels it's their business to make these changes.Time will tell. The sad truth is Online poker in the US is in tough shape, and nothing will change until we have open markets with a little competition We are left with changing sites, Playing Live, or quitting.

I think it's worth noting that things are in such bad shape because your Avg player will not put money on one of these sites. No ADs, Bitcoin (WTF to most folks) It has been 10 years since it was super easy to punt $100 on a weekend. Yes, it's harder for pros, but it's harder for sites as well (not that anyone cares.) I do find it interesting that Unibet use a similar and more aggressive model, and games seem good. Also, has a big fan base. WTF, do I know. Next up, Calvin Ayre admits he is still behind it all... In an effort to be more transparent with players.
Huge Value
ontiltinchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #43735
yellowfever
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Thailand
Posts: 3,360
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

QUOTE]

I am in no way defending or supporting any of what this or any of the sites have done. But let's be real about things we are unregulated sites. People are mad because it's harder for them to make money. ( makes sense).. Bodog feels it's their business to make these changes.Time will tell. The sad truth is Online poker in the US is in tough shape, and nothing will change until we have open markets with a little competition We are left with changing sites, Playing Live, or quitting.

.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be sitting around waiting for this to happen. Its taken tons of years for a couple states to get poker regulated and its crap compared to what the unregulated sites offer. By the time the time we have open markets for online poker not only will the games be even worse the bots and software will likely have completely ruined the games.

Enjoy whats here now its not going to get better online.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #43736
Bozo7
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 139
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

The more I play it the more I dislike it. Tables breaking up and playing short constantly, and you never know if there are other tables running. Think this is going to end up being a big blow to the overall traffic. Just withdrew my roll, going to try out some other sites.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #43737
NJPW
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 61
Diamond Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
Wouldnt be sitting around waiting for this to happen. Its taken tons of years for a couple states to get poker regulated and its crap compared to what the unregulated sites offer.
This seems largely untrue from what I've seen. Watching JCarver and Doug on Twitch has shown that Stars in NJ and WSOP.com are great options up to 5/10. Perhaps not tournaments (idk, don't watch the tourney streams) but tournaments weren't effected by this change unless it was for the better.
NJPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:23 AM   #43738
ontiltinchicago
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 465
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPW View Post
This seems largely untrue from what I've seen. Watching JCarver and Doug on Twitch has shown that Stars in NJ and WSOP.com are great options up to 5/10. Perhaps not tournaments (idk, don't watch the tourney streams) but tournaments weren't effected by this change unless it was for the better.
lolz
ontiltinchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #43739
yellowfever
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Thailand
Posts: 3,360
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPW View Post
This seems largely untrue from what I've seen. Watching JCarver and Doug on Twitch has shown that Stars in NJ and WSOP.com are great options up to 5/10. Perhaps not tournaments (idk, don't watch the tourney streams) but tournaments weren't effected by this change unless it was for the better.


Yeah bro NJ poker is amazing!

The biggest site there is averaging 130 players a day with a peak of almost 325 a day.

296 is the average online of ALL the sites COMBINED at a time through the week

Its great if u dont play poker and just watch players on twitch though!

Most those players online are playing micro/low limits same as all poker rooms. so yeah LOL NJ poker


http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/998...-room-reviews/

Last edited by yellowfever; Today at 03:52 AM. Reason: LOLPPA as well
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #43740
Dick Tracy
journeyman
 
Dick Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 392
Re: *** Unofficial Bodog/Bovada/Ignition Thread *** [For lag-fixes see posts 34088 and 36179]

I asked about this a while back and can't find the post:

How many hands can you get in per hour 2-tabling Zone?

I don't have a way to figure it out atm and need the info for some calculations.

ty
Dick Tracy is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online