Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #151
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,217
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist101 View Post
I agree here...this move by Carbon should be looked at as nothing but bad for the players.

Recently, I have had a very difficult time getting a check out of carbon. I actually reached out to their customer service a week ago and I was told many bs things such as it was my third withdrawal in a month and their are other people that need to withdrawal. Also they told me it was a queue and they did not choose who to pay out which is complete and utter BS.

On 9/9 I made two withdrawals within minutes of each other. So if there was a queue it would withdraw the first one and then the second in a reasonable amount of time(standard).

What actually happened is they processed the 2nd withdrawal but not the first one made minutes before that withdrawal took place. So that blows the queue possibility out of the water. If there was a queue I would not be writing here. It is completely obvious that Carbon is picking and choosing who to pay out.

Also there were multiple posters on 2p2 posting about how they requested their checks after my date and were still being processed before mine.

I brought this up to carbons attention and they told me they are not associated with 2p2 and they did not know what I was talking about.

Pretty much I had just gotten BACK on Carbon and previously left because they are a shady company. And SHAME on Carbon for the not fixing those same shady issues. This company is most likely getting close to insolvent and I will never put another cent on carbon. I suggest you do the same. Hopefully Carbon will hold up their promise to send me my checks soon(NOT IN 6-8 WEEKS) but as of the looks of it they are playing games with me.

Also: I wrote on the carbon withdrawal thread previously and Carbon Ryan actually deleted most of my comments that were pointing out that Carbon was in fact paying others that had withdrawn after me. I truly believe that Carbon only had quicker payout times so that the PokerMaximus series was bigger than usual.

Anyway it blows but this type of business is the Carbon I knew from the past and it is still the same today SMH.
A couple of things that are wrong about your post:

-They don't chose who to pay out, so they are being honest. They are part of a cashier (jazzette) which they do not own. This means that they can't really do much about choosing who gets paid.

-If you made both of them minutes within one another it's possible the second one went through first, just because 1 got hung up in the system for a few minutes, or the second one was for a different amount then the max. The one that did not get processed would then become stacked and you will get that something like 7-14 days later, as is standard. Then the 3rd withdrawal you tried to make will back stacked, which is also standard.

-Cash out times were pretty bad right before the last PM series, so saying that they are doing this for PM only doesn't make sense, because you would think they would do it before every series, but they don't.

-What evidence do you have to support that they are coming close to becoming insolvent? Paying out money seems like the opposite of that.
A_Schupick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #152
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,217
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeckoRiver View Post
Thanks to fran the man and poker dominicao I found out exactly how much advertising costs per month. For a relative big site like merge shouldn't be the same problem as it was for a new site like poker dominicano. Sounds like something is definitely afoot.

A lot of grrrinders on here which translates to a lot of rake for the site for merge to just shut down forum like that sounds like a bad business decision.
In business, as well as poker, not everything is in absolute terms. The money spent on 2p2 might be better spent in other spots relatively. Decisions are based on ROI, not just absolute terms.
A_Schupick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #153
Heist101
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Schupick View Post
A couple of things that are wrong about your post:

-They don't chose who to pay out, so they are being honest. They are part of a cashier (jazzette) which they do not own. This means that they can't really do much about choosing who gets paid.

-If you made both of them minutes within one another it's possible the second one went through first, just because 1 got hung up in the system for a few minutes, or the second one was for a different amount then the max. The one that did not get processed would then become stacked and you will get that something like 7-14 days later, as is standard. Then the 3rd withdrawal you tried to make will back stacked, which is also standard.

-Cash out times were pretty bad right before the last PM series, so saying that they are doing this for PM only doesn't make sense, because you would think they would do it before every series, but they don't.

-What evidence do you have to support that they are coming close to becoming insolvent? Paying out money seems like the opposite of that.
-"They don't chose who to pay out, so they are being honest."

What proof do you have of this? This seems like it is just your personal opinon and not actual fact. Actual fact is stacking 2 max checks together and only getting the 2nd one "processed". I also gave you proof when they mentioned to me that "Other players have to get paid, as well" that is verbatim to what they said.

-"Cash out times were pretty bad right before the last PM series, so saying that they are doing this for PM only doesn't make sense"

REALLY you pretty much just agreed with everything I said but you are very obviously a confused person, thinking that it couldn't be them just speeding up processing times so they get higher traffic. Then when players start to withdraw is sizable chunks all of the sudden their payout times are slower.

-"What evidence do you have to support that they are coming close to becoming insolvent? Paying out money seems like the opposite of that."

Because they aren't paying out the money to a high stakes player....because they just removed the best method of support that they had...because they have previously and seemingly now have had 6-8 week processing times. I mean c'mon 6-8 weeks is terrible to just to be able to "process" it.

You cannot show me one thing that would suggest Carbon is a highly solvent company that could pay out in 3 days...which is what players on bovada and other sites have been getting...3-10 days for check in hand.

I was really only showing an issue with Carbon to help the players and their financial safety.
Heist101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #154
Heist101
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDjab420 View Post
The series has one day left and they just processed another check request in 3 days. I believe you're wrong.
How am I wrong when my check has not been processed in 13 days...and the series is ending now?

If you read the rest of my post I also spoke about how they are picking and choosing who to send money too.

And how come carbon had 6-8 week processing times before the pm series? Now all of the sudden they "had" better times.
Heist101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #155
Heist101
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Schupick View Post
In business, as well as poker, not everything is in absolute terms. The money spent on 2p2 might be better spent in other spots relatively. Decisions are based on ROI, not just absolute terms.
There is no better support platform for online poker than 2p2. Especially, for the players. Ex: When someones check has not been processed in 13 days and someone else just got his check processed in 3 days. We can see that through 2p2. The methods that we will be going to will be more in the dark.

"Decisions are based on ROI, not just absolute terms." In ROI? really because any support is a lost expense and most SOLVENT companies have the money to be able to support that support.

2p2 may be a luxury for the players but it is an industry standard for POKER and the players should be irate over the fact that Carbon is now hiding.
Heist101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #156
JohnFR
veteran
 
JohnFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Online Poker Hell
Posts: 3,041
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

This thread turned absurd so fast, that it's my new favorite joke thread.
JohnFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #157
unluckyone
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 385
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

The insanity in this thread shows exactly why someone would cancel a sponsored forum. I mean who would want to deal with this nonsense all the time at a business level willingly?

The paranoid conspiracy theories here are just one step down from those in the riggies thread.

Cancelling the support forum only says one thing: they don't want to run a support forum here anymore. It could hint at something bigger like more anti-reg changes in the future but no more so than it could hint that it's going to rain bananas today.

As for the real reason behind it, who knows. They probably just though having support deal with things directly is more financially efficient and leads to less trouble, like two people promising different things.
unluckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #158
ALRounder
centurion
 
ALRounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFR View Post
This thread turned absurd so fast, that it's my new favorite joke thread.
It's all my fault I was the first to question it :/
ALRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #159
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRounder View Post
It's all my fault I was the first to question it :/
It should be questioned.

Aside from Bovada, Carbon is the largest skin in the US. Even if this departure was done solely for financial reasons, it is still strange that Carbon didn't leave a single representative here at 2+2.

CarbonRyan's perfunctory good-bye was also strange; it seemed almost a slap in the face. He's a smart guy; he knows perfectly well the effect such an abrupt departure would have on player confidence, but he said little to mitigate those fears. I'm sure that he could have arranged something with 2+2 to post a proper farewell even though his user account was deleted. That would have simply made good business sense.

All things considered, I think that financial instability is the least likely cause of all of this. But players on the Merge Network have had a string of nasty -EV surprises over the past year. It's only natural for an event like this to instill a sense of foreboding. If it's going to start raining bananas, who can blame people for wanting to prepare themselves?
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #160
DiamondDixie
adept
 
DiamondDixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 909
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Ryan works for Carbon, if he wants to keep his job he has to do what they say. I would imagine he would have liked to have made a statement but couldn't.
DiamondDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #161
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDixie View Post
Ryan works for Carbon, if he wants to keep his job he has to do what they say. I would imagine he would have liked to have made a statement but couldn't.
I'm not sure of how high up Ryan is at Carbon (some of the Merge Reps were in fact the CEO's). But the same questions remain regardless of whether it's Ryan or Carbon calling the shots.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #162
A MTT PRO
grinder
 
A MTT PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Going deep and running good
Posts: 608
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

I was going to deposit to play the PM Main Events tomorrow. Now I am not. The timing of this is ridiculous. If they just wanted to leave 2+2 they should have done it after tomorrow. I am with the group that thinks something is up. Why risk losing so much rake right before PM ME?
A MTT PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #163
StackerBee
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

just seems shady to close the forum, especially with no warning, and deleting everything in it instead of leaving it up for a bit. as for investment, the forum support pays for itself with what they have taken away the last few months from promotions. lol. and the timing seems odd also.
StackerBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #164
MacauBound
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,279
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

From what I've heard the decision to leave 2p2 saves Carbon a significant amount of money with the "cost" of the move going to us, as support surely will suffer. That doesn't really equate with closing up shop and stealing our dough.

I certainly hope they don't make a cash grab as more and more US states legalize and regulate. After all, I just took down the $33 FLHE Poker Maximus event on 1 bullet 10 minutes ago WooHOO!!!
MacauBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #165
gruevlock24
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

What is all the fuss about? If you guys have questions just email or use the live chat. Live chat is always on now. Also I'm pretty sure Carbonryan is happy he doesn't have to deal with this forum anymore, constantly getting bitched at and still having to be professional and not lose his cool. If your not comfortable just take some money off and leave less on.
gruevlock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #166
gruevlock24
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Also Pokerstars doesn't even have a subforum. So obviously you don't need one to succeed.
gruevlock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #167
style09
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 40
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

So sick! Go from 30 pending checks to 4 over night.
style09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #168
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruevlock24 View Post
What is all the fuss about?
A bunch of noobs rambling on about things they inventing in their heads and or nothing.

I waded through all of this thread waiting to see something.

What a waste of time.
5thStreetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #169
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruevlock24 View Post
Also Pokerstars doesn't even have a subforum. So obviously you don't need one to succeed.
But PokerStars does have a representative; so maybe they need one of those to succeed.

There are countless examples of the email support not fixing problems and then ignoring subsequent correspondence and the player having to contact the Carbon Rep to resolve the issue. The problem with email is that they don't get any real feedback. So if they make a mistake, they don't usually learn from it.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #170
goodsaint
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,721
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetHog View Post
A bunch of noobs rambling on about things they inventing in their heads and or nothing.

I waded through all of this thread waiting to see something.

What a waste of time.
FEAR- False Evidence Appearing Real...
goodsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #171
Irarelypost
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 239
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by style09 View Post
So sick! Go from 30 pending checks to 4 over night.
I think I saw kahn say that they changed the stacked check rule.

Only 4 stacked checks at a time.

When one is processed then you have to request another.(to keep 4 stacked at a time)

From what I have heard it will not slow down the checks.

But what do I know?
Irarelypost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #172
StephenScottMN
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 48
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

Very sketchy imo
StephenScottMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #173
DrawNone
Pooh-Bah
 
DrawNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: im on savage time im on ratcht time
Posts: 4,803
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

to those posting prone to believing evil conspiracies:

maybe they were sick of spending money for the privilege of interacting in an official capacity with you whiny whack-jobs.

although the support thread was helpful, be honest about what the majority of posts were: ridiculously stupid and petty complaints that the Reps were probably required by their company to respond to. the more i think about it they were paying for bad advertising.

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS???!?!?!?!!" keep in mind that forum was not for or for the benefit of "the players." it was for users of 2p2 that also played on Carbon. don't think the people who used that forum represented all the players on Carbon. they didn't.

"BUT HOW WILL WE GET OUR IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ANSWERED??? Like: In exactly how many minutes and seconds will the software update be completed?"

they have a Live Chat and support email address. that's what they use to answer questions from their players.
DrawNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #174
Black Hat
veteran
 
Black Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,908
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Every decision they've made over the last couple of years, aside from lowering LHE rake to industry standards, has been to the detriment of their players. Its like a controlled demolition of their customer base. Look at pokerscout they've lost nearly half of their player pool just in the last six month and its still on the downward slide. Its probably a fourth of what it was a couple months after black friday.

Most companies go through great strides to obtain and maintain customers but merge seems to go in the opposite direction for reasons unknown. The recreational model? LOL what the hell does that even mean? Who plays real money poker without giving a **** whether they make a profit or not? Not me.
Black Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #175
nickj7777
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 378
Re: Merge (Carbon, etc) Discussion Thread

people are stupid
nickj7777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online