I just got back from 10 day Alaskan Cruise starting from San Francisco. I was on the Sea Princess ship, which had one PokerPro table.
It was $1/2, 50 min, 200 max.
The rake was 10% up to $7 and they raked pots with no flop.
The donkament structure was $50+$10 with 1500 chips, blinds starting at 50/100 with the blinds going up every 15 minutes. (lol, no I didn't play those)
Overall, I ended up losing $265 over 400 or 500ish hands. The mega whales ended up sucking out on a ton of hands on the first few days of play and the 4 other 25/8 "regs" ended up valuetowning them to death before I could take my money back. One of the more annoying things of this cruise was that 3 of the regs were two brothers and an uncle, who keep talking during the hands. I might fold like 20 hands in a row and when I raise, they will say "WHOAA!! I didn't see this guy play yet, or they would start guessing my hand out loud while the whales were playing with me. After showing so many solid starting hands playing about 15/11, even the mega whales started to catch on. I found it difficult to get paid off during the last 2 days of play, where as the annoying obnoxious 25/8 "regs" kept getting paid off. On one of the last 50 hands, there were 3 limpers in front of me and I raised to $16 with kings (because when I raised to $10-12 with KQ and get 4 callers I whiff too much). The whales actually folded. Where as the "obnoxious looking" "reg" 3bet shoves with aces and two whales call.
I only played live at a casino once before this cruise and it was b4 I actually learned the game seriously, so I don't really have much of a comparison.
1. People talking during the hand pisses me off.
2. Playing against a family who call themselves sharks playing 25/8 pisses me off.
3. Open limping small pocket pairs is not a leak here.
4. Overbetting preflop and on the flop with strong hands is very profitable.
5. Betting 1/4 or even 1/5 of the pot on the river with top pair hands is not exploitable. People tend to look at bet sizing like $5/$7/$10 instead of $15/$30/$60.
6. People seem to be more willing to put a ton of money in on draws then with top pair.
7. Playing with the same players everyday sucks.
8. I asked the 25/8 "obnoxious looking" "reg" who probably won $800-$1000 during the trip what stakes he plays online. He said he doesn't because he thinks it's rigged.