Welcome to the Brick and Mortar Forum (“B&M”) at 2+2. The forum is divided into three areas:
I. the main forum, where discussions of the rules and etiquette of live poker (and sometimes hype threads for soon-to-open venues) take place;
II. the Poker Venues subforum, where discussions about the venues of legal live poker occur; and
III. the Regional Communities subforum, which is a minimally-moderated playground / water cooler / meeting place for regulars of live poker "neighborhoods."
We take a liberal view on acceptable topics in B&M as long as the topic is related to brick and mortar card rooms and the discussion remains socially acceptable. Generally, the standard we use re social acceptance is the same as a well-managed poker room: you cannot post something that wouldn't be tolerated at a poker table in a card room.
Additionally, the following specific guidelines apply:
(1) No-content posting. No-content posting is not permitted. Please make sure that your posts contribute positively.
(2) Profanity filter. 2+2 has a profanity filter built into its software. Please do not self-censor or otherwise attempt to dodge that filter; simply type expletives as you would normally and let the filter do its work.
(3) Unlawful activities. Posts about breaking the law are not permitted. (E.g., underage gambling, underground card rooms, etc.)
(4) Trolling. Trolling is not permitted. For a definition of trolling, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
(5) New threads. Before making a new thread, use the search function. It is preferable to bump an old on-topic thread than start a new thread if your subject is not original. Also, before making a new thread, be certain that there is no forum that is more appropriate for your subject. If you need guidance on this issue, please send a private message to a moderator. Finally, please make the title of your thread substantive and descriptive.
(6) Card room employees. Card room employees must become authorized representatives before posting information on their place of employment. Please contact Two Plus Two Advertising
for more information.
(7) Privacy of non-famous players and card room employees. Respect other players' and card room employees' privacy; do not use their names on the forum unless they have given permission to do so either explicitly on the forums or implicitly by becoming an authorized representative.
(8) Containment. Discussion of the following topics are limited to the linked containment threads:
Human-dealt tables v. e-tables
Chicago-area "charity" poker rooms
Discussion of the Moderation of the B&M Forum
The previous B&M Forum FAQ, which remains an excellent resource for guidelines on posting, tips on how to use the search function, and frequently asked questions, can be found here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27...topics-201389/
If you have any questions about the above guidelines or wish to discuss moderation action, please either: (a) in the case of a specific incident, send a private message to the moderator taking the action; or (b) in the case of a general suggestion/discussion, send a private message to any moderator -or- post in the Moderation Discussion Thread, which can be found here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27...hread-1015451/