Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Notices

Brick and Mortar Discussions of brick and mortar gambling venues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Hey Everyone. I just heard Harrah's Cherokee is opening 5 Poker Pro tables March 6th. I will be there with a group from Atlanta. Let's blow the doors off the room so they will get more tables. Eventually we'll have the big poker room we were promised!

If you haven't played on the Poker Pro tables, they're great!
Yankee Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: a farm in the country
Posts: 1,834
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

It's sick that North Carolina gets poker (casinos, even!) before Kentucky. What am I doing in this state? Maybe I should move back to N.C.!

If it weren't for the horses (and my husband, etc.)....
Javanewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 218
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dawg View Post
Hey Everyone. I just heard Harrah's Cherokee is opening 5 Poker Pro tables March 6th. I will be there with a group from Atlanta. Let's blow the doors off the room so they will get more tables. Eventually we'll have the big poker room we were promised!

If you haven't played on the Poker Pro tables, they're great!
Are they poker pro tables? I might drive up from Atlanta if there are to try them.
keith-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Pooh-Bah
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 3,711
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanewt View Post
It's sick that North Carolina gets poker (casinos, even!) before Kentucky. What am I doing in this state? Maybe I should move back to N.C.!

If it weren't for the horses (and my husband, etc.)....
There is still going to be poker closer to most of the population in KY than to most of the population in NC. Cherokee is way out in western NC, and you have the Indiana riverboat casinos near Louisville and Cincinatti.
chillrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC
Posts: 35
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

I'm glad they're getting poker, but couldn't care less about playing on the Poker Pro tables. I'll save my money and make trips elsewhere if I get the urge to play...
DrPepper4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Doc. What's not to like about Poker Pro? All the convenience of online with the ability to read live players. More hands, no dealers to tip. I can't wait!
Yankee Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 926
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanewt View Post

If it weren't for the horses (and my husband, etc.)....
Yes, we noticed the order....

phazeONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 446
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

If they ever get bigger games going 10/20+ let me know and I'll come out
Clover362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 48
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Do you have any kind of link confirming this? Not saying you're lying or anything, I just want some other confirmation before I set myself up for disappointment again
ShadowNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 218
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Would be nice for someone near the casino to confirm.
keith-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Jedi Buffet Master
 
steamboatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: losing 100 lbs
Posts: 6,789
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Yep, I called, they are getting five PokerPro tables early in March. All the sudden Gatlinburg doesn't suck quite as badly.
steamboatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 308
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

I have it on authority from sources close to PokerTek that this story is confirmed. The tables will be coming to Cherokee and it should be awesome!!
yoursmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC
Posts: 35
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dawg View Post
Doc. What's not to like about Poker Pro? All the convenience of online with the ability to read live players. More hands, no dealers to tip. I can't wait!
Ehh.. I just prefer chips & cards... especially if I'm going to drive 6 hours to Cherokee. Would probably be likely to play if it was more local. Didn't mean to bash it so much.
DrPepper4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: a farm in the country
Posts: 1,834
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazeONE View Post
Yes, we noticed the order....

LOL. I actually moved to Kentucky for the Thoroughbred industry. If it weren't for my husband, who I met here, I wouldn't play poker (well, I wouldn't play for money and be addicted to it).

We are lucky to have casinos so close in neighboring states, but it is amazing that a state that didn't even have lottery for so long has casinos before a state like Kentucky, with pari-mutuel gambling and a lottery. Pathetic.

Good for you guys in the south. Enjoy!
Javanewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Jedi Buffet Master
 
steamboatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: losing 100 lbs
Posts: 6,789
Re: Live Poker at Harrah's Cherokee - Opens March 6th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanewt View Post
LOL. I actually moved to Kentucky for the Thoroughbred industry. If it weren't for my husband, who I met here, I wouldn't play poker (well, I wouldn't play for money and be addicted to it).

We are lucky to have casinos so close in neighboring states, but it is amazing that a state that didn't even have lottery for so long has casinos before a state like Kentucky, with pari-mutuel gambling and a lottery. Pathetic.

Good for you guys in the south. Enjoy!
<understatement>
Churchill Downs has a pretty good lobbying organization.

</understatement>
steamboatin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive