Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > WSOP.COM

WSOP.COM Sponsored Support forum for WSOP.COM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 03:35 AM   #1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 71
GregMerson on wsop.com

Multiple people saying he used to play on wsop.com as Toddmcshay & also he immediatly sits at tables 200nl+ when another person sits usually...Like seat scripting fast...What's up with that?


thenutzzinis 2h
@GregMerson @WSOPcom kinda strange. He's posted 2 diff pics of wsop grinding.1 wgregmerson sn and other toddmcshay.Multi accts?
asdfghjkl889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

his name got changed because hes a sponsored pro -- he tweeted about that. idk about the second thing
ChrisChoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
journeyman
 
sins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 357
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

are seating scripts against the T&C? if not I dont see what the problem is
sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 71
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Ok lock it up...I like Greg...Was just confused. I'm just a cry baby he sits me and fish so quick possibly :P
asdfghjkl889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
journeyman
 
sins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 357
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

although iirc I think he ranted last year about how scripts were bad for the game and recommended players to stay away from online until pokerstars banned them
sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Butters should be sponsored, i don't know if he is or isn't but no one does more in terms of keeping games going than him. We've had our stupid spats but the kid absolutely is an assett to the site because he plays in so many games, will play heads up, shorthanded, anything. I have no ulterior motive saying this other than it being the truth, he really should be looked at for some type of sponsorship deal because of all he has done for the site.
hankypankyAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

I really think the promotion money could be better spent then giving extra money to an excellent player that drains the mid stakes economy. I'd like to know what kind of script he is using as well, I am not happy that EVERY 2 or 3 handed game that starts Greg immediately sits in and proceeds to play great. I mean it's ok if that happens naturally, but why are they giving him extra money to do it? More free rolls or higher guarantees to bring people in instead, please.
lurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BGnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: POO POO!!!
Posts: 9,232
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Why is he playing 1/2 anyway? Kind of annoying for a grinder like me to constantly have to battle Greg on 8 tables. I had no idea who Greg Merson was until I googled him (I don't pay attn the donkaments) and even then I wasn't sure this was the same guy as he's grinding 1/2 nl (maybe he sells too much of his action in tourneys?) I admire it if he's just a level headed grinder trying to make money, but if he's playing these limits because management wants him to then it's having the opposite effect on your customers. He's not good for the games as the previous poster stated. I won't sit at a table when he's directly on my left. He gives me fits.
BGnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
adept
 
electrickshiite~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: retired/busto/got a real job
Posts: 709
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankypankyAA View Post
Butters should be sponsored, i don't know if he is or isn't but no one does more in terms of keeping games going than him. We've had our stupid spats but the kid absolutely is an assett to the site because he plays in so many games, will play heads up, shorthanded, anything. I have no ulterior motive saying this other than it being the truth, he really should be looked at for some type of sponsorship deal because of all he has done for the site.
hi butters
electrickshiite~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 336
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickshiite~ View Post
hi butters
Hes not butters
ubgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #11
2012 WSOP Main Event Champ yo
 
gregy20723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 462
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

BGnight we used to play a bunch on stars back in the day- gregy20723

I do not use a seat script and if you've seen my tweets regarding scripting on stars it is the reason I dont pay on there much anymore as I dont believe its fair.

I am on the other hand very good at watching the lobby while I play and its something I got good at on ftp back in 2011 and I think its a big strength of mine to be able to get into games when they start.

My name change was due to signing with WSOP.com and apologize if that wasn't more clear by my tweets and instagram. Since the name change I have not played on my other screen as it has been terminated afaik.

I love to play online and enjoy it much more than live cash. Im truely addicted to the grind of playing online cash and im lucky to be able to still play as low as 1/2 and not punt. If games ran higher than you wouldn't see me playing that small but I just play all the games going from 1/2-10/20 and right now in the U.S I have to play 1/2 to get volume in.

See ya'll on the streets for another week or so and then im moving to NJ to play there.
gregy20723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 71
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy20723 View Post
BGnight we used to play a bunch on stars back in the day- gregy20723

I do not use a seat script and if you've seen my tweets regarding scripting on stars it is the reason I dont pay on there much anymore as I dont believe its fair.

I am on the other hand very good at watching the lobby while I play and its something I got good at on ftp back in 2011 and I think its a big strength of mine to be able to get into games when they start.

My name change was due to signing with WSOP.com and apologize if that wasn't more clear by my tweets and instagram. Since the name change I have not played on my other screen as it has been terminated afaik.

I love to play online and enjoy it much more than live cash. Im truely addicted to the grind of playing online cash and im lucky to be able to still play as low as 1/2 and not punt. If games ran higher than you wouldn't see me playing that small but I just play all the games going from 1/2-10/20 and right now in the U.S I have to play 1/2 to get volume in.

See ya'll on the streets for another week or so and then im moving to NJ to play there.
Mount Laurel NJ? lol I literally threw a dart at NJ for a place to visit and it hit that and crushed partypoker.nj when I visited. Guess we can look forward to playing hundreds of hours together in the coming year when NJ & NV merge player pools. I am moving out of the country for pokerstars for awhile but yeah that i'm glad you HATE scripts too! I want a main event winner as a friend to talk about online poker in the usa as it happens. Can't wait until you are not making the games harder than they should be and move back to NJ LOL! You play well old sport! I should of folded to your river raise when you spiked a straight when I had AK and you had Q10 today

-NewHeights
asdfghjkl889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #13
Head of WSOP.com Online Poker
 
WSOPBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy20723 View Post
Since the name change I have not played on my other screen as it has been terminated afaik.
Confirmed.
WSOPBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 91
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy20723 View Post
BGnight we used to play a bunch on stars back in the day- gregy20723

I do not use a seat script and if you've seen my tweets regarding scripting on stars it is the reason I dont pay on there much anymore as I dont believe its fair.

I am on the other hand very good at watching the lobby while I play and its something I got good at on ftp back in 2011 and I think its a big strength of mine to be able to get into games when they start.

My name change was due to signing with WSOP.com and apologize if that wasn't more clear by my tweets and instagram. Since the name change I have not played on my other screen as it has been terminated afaik.

I love to play online and enjoy it much more than live cash. Im truely addicted to the grind of playing online cash and im lucky to be able to still play as low as 1/2 and not punt. If games ran higher than you wouldn't see me playing that small but I just play all the games going from 1/2-10/20 and right now in the U.S I have to play 1/2 to get volume in.

See ya'll on the streets for another week or so and then im moving to NJ to play there.


Welcome to NJ Greg!! WSOP has some pretty good cash games for the small player pool...bring some more people, we need all we can get...

look forward to playing with you
Bullfr2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
2012 WSOP Main Event Champ yo
 
gregy20723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 462
Re: GregMerson using seating software & multi accounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkl889 View Post
Mount Laurel NJ? lol I literally threw a dart at NJ for a place to visit and it hit that and crushed partypoker.nj when I visited. Guess we can look forward to playing hundreds of hours together in the coming year when NJ & NV merge player pools. I am moving out of the country for pokerstars for awhile but yeah that i'm glad you HATE scripts too! I want a main event winner as a friend to talk about online poker in the usa as it happens. Can't wait until you are not making the games harder than they should be and move back to NJ LOL! You play well old sport! I should of folded to your river raise when you spiked a straight when I had AK and you had Q10 today

-NewHeights
yah that was a tough river spot for you. hopefully the player pools combine sooner rather than later but just to have online poker available in the U.S that is LEGAL regulated is such a relief.

good luck on stars, games are tough!
gregy20723 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive