Originally Posted by La Peste
4. Checking back flops is the new cool thing. It's tricky to know when to do it, but good players are doing it sometimes these days.
Epic suggest to a guy who thinks its only right to play off suit aces on the button, that its a good idea to implemented as complex as checking back flops.
on a serious note tho,
1. Be more aware of your opponents
2. same as number 1, but for the most part your right.
3. From the BTN and CO you can play a fair amount of crap.
4. 100% c-bet isn't good, be slighly more exploitable and have a 90% c-bet and just dump some crap against tight opponents.
5. In multi way pots your not going to want to knock people out, HU you have more incentive to be more aggressive in order to balance value combos in your range.
Mostly though hard and fast rules to live by in poker are terrible. Think more about why you do something in a situation and then expand that logic to other areas. For example 100% c-bet against a 80/0/75 (vpip/raise/wtsd) is insane with non value hands, and all players for somewhere on this spectrum from deserving a 100% c-bet to a 0% c-bet.