Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #51
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 59,393
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I never shifted any goalposts. I was always focused on the number of people who want to vote, but can not due to not being able to get an ID. That article is just talking about people w/o an ID.
Read it again, it was talking about REGISTERED VOTERS without identification. Presumably they registered because they have an interest in voting. Get that BS out of here.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #52
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 59,393
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I never shifted any goalposts. I was always focused on the number of people who want to vote, but can not due to not being able to get an ID.
Even this is a lie about your original position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I don't have proof that there is 100x more voter fraud than instances of people wanting to vote who don't have an ID
When you thought everyone had an ID, the hurdle was "having an ID". After learning that 600k people who care enough about voting to register don't have the ID, the hurdle jumped to "can they get one". That is how we know you are a dishonest hack who is incapable of learning anything on this subject.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #53
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
MW laws do disproportionately affect black voters and are a more or less open Dem strategy to increase Democrat votes. Looking at all of the information, I do not see any other interpretation for this. The facts are the facts.

Listen, I know I sound like broken record, but every time a liberal spouts off that x, y or z is racist because it does a, b & c then I am also going to ask if m, n and o are also racist since they are also do a, b & c.
But the point would be that the Dems are letting more people vote (which is good because democracy is good and best when everyone participates) while the GOP are taking people votes away (which is bad because it is undemocratic).

How can that be wrong? I'm struggling to see how one could spin things to make the republicans the good guys there.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #54
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 32,597
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Chez if Bahbah is going to make such ****ing stupid arguments could you make this a triangle thread please?
It's remaining a content thread. We can address argument we deem stupid or we can ignore them.
chezlaw is online now  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #55
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: on forum tilt
Posts: 5,604
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
But the point would be that the Dems are letting more people vote (which is good because democracy is good and best when everyone participates) while the GOP are taking people votes away (which is bad because it is undemocratic).

How can that be wrong? I'm struggling to see how one could spin things to make the republicans the good guys there.
Your first assumption is that democracy is good.
leavesofliberty is online now  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #56
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

And isn't that written into the constitution?
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #57
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: on forum tilt
Posts: 5,604
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
And isn't that written into the constitution?
And, the constitution is authority because ...
leavesofliberty is online now  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #58
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Rule of law?
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #59
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: on forum tilt
Posts: 5,604
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

More like a monopoly on law. It's the law, because it's the law. The Constitution is not really rooted in reason. imo the market anarchists have the best arguments on society. Why trust the wisdom of crowds? People are just all of a sudden wise on election day? Ha!
leavesofliberty is online now  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #60
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

The constitution is rooted in learning the lessons of 1,000 years of monarchy in Europe.

In 1651, republicans seized control of government in England, ending the civil war between royaltists and parliamentarians. Oliver Cromwell had Charles I behedded and exiled Charles II.

In 1658 when Oliver Cromwell died ... his son, Richard Cromwell became the new ruler.

Can anyone see what's gone wrong here?

Liberal voices such as John Milton, the architects of the Commonwealth were devastated.

Later, John Locke tried to iron out the problems of what had gone wrong.

The founding fathers of the USA read Locke and tried to put in checks and balances to ensure that the country would not fall into the hands of despotism and that freedom and human rights were protected by law, by constitution.

And now you tell me that reason wasn't at its basis? Proceed. On what grounds do you make this claim?
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #61
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,845
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Please, continue talking about the roots of democracy and the authority of the constitution, it's exactly on topic and not ****ing stupid.
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #62
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 8,688
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Even this is a lie about your original position:



When you thought everyone had an ID, the hurdle was "having an ID". After learning that 600k people who care enough about voting to register don't have the ID, the hurdle jumped to "can they get one". That is how we know you are a dishonest hack who is incapable of learning anything on this subject.
That is one post out of all of my posts on the issue. If I didn't type out the whole thing I'm sorry for getting lazy but I can assure you if you go back and read what I've said on the issue it is pretty clear I meant people who can't vote because they don't have an ID because they can't get one. More specifically I am talking about African American, because I'm not arguing for voter ID laws I am just arguing that is incorrect to call voter ID laws racist unless you are prepared to call a **** load of laws racist.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #63
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 8,688
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
But the point would be that the Dems are letting more people vote (which is good because democracy is good and best when everyone participates) while the GOP are taking people votes away (which is bad because it is undemocratic).

How can that be wrong? I'm struggling to see how one could spin things to make the republicans the good guys there.
Again, I am not arguing for voter ID laws. I'm just arguing that if one considers them racist they need to explain why a bunch of other laws aren't racist as well using their same logic.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #64
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 10,155
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Since we know for a fact that Republicans have done nothing more than figure out what metrics they can use to stop Democrats from voting, and they're totally okay with that, can Democrats also come up with some incredibly precisely-targeted metrics to make sure, for example, rural whites can't vote?

Like, we've all heard a lot about how farmers will supplement their income by growing pot. Maybe we need to make sure these people aren't drug dealers by forcing them to come into the city to schedule an inspection of their land, which can only be done twice a year, so as to ensure that no rural drug dealers are voting.

I mean, it's just common sense that drug dealers shouldn't vote, so what's the problem here, right? I'm sure the right will agree with this, and anyone who doesn't is basically saying all white rural people are drug dealers, which I find repugnant.
Noodle Wazlib is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #65
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle Wazlib View Post
Since we know for a fact that Republicans have done nothing more than figure out what metrics they can use to stop Democrats from voting, and they're totally okay with that, can Democrats also come up with some incredibly precisely-targeted metrics to make sure, for example, rural whites can't vote?

Like, we've all heard a lot about how farmers will supplement their income by growing pot. Maybe we need to make sure these people aren't drug dealers by forcing them to come into the city to schedule an inspection of their land, which can only be done twice a year, so as to ensure that no rural drug dealers are voting.

I mean, it's just common sense that drug dealers shouldn't vote, so what's the problem here, right? I'm sure the right will agree with this, and anyone who doesn't is basically saying all white rural people are drug dealers, which I find repugnant.
If I was a democrat, I'd be thinking along these lines.

If your enemy is cunning, you have to be more cunning.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #66
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,845
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Again, I am not arguing for voter ID laws. I'm just arguing that if one considers them racist they need to explain why a bunch of other laws aren't racist as well using their same logic.
Ahh, I see the problem, you are having an argument that no one else is having or has ever had. Maybe you should start a thread about it instead of tarding up other threads in the forum?
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #67
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 8,688
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Ahh, I see the problem, you are having an argument that no one else is having or has ever had. Maybe you should start a thread about it instead of tarding up other threads in the forum?
Lol. You don't think any liberals on 2+2 think voter ID laws are racist?
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:08 PM   #68
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 8,688
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle Wazlib View Post
Since we know for a fact that Republicans have done nothing more than figure out what metrics they can use to stop Democrats from voting, and they're totally okay with that, can Democrats also come up with some incredibly precisely-targeted metrics to make sure, for example, rural whites can't vote?

Like, we've all heard a lot about how farmers will supplement their income by growing pot. Maybe we need to make sure these people aren't drug dealers by forcing them to come into the city to schedule an inspection of their land, which can only be done twice a year, so as to ensure that no rural drug dealers are voting.

I mean, it's just common sense that drug dealers shouldn't vote, so what's the problem here, right? I'm sure the right will agree with this, and anyone who doesn't is basically saying all white rural people are drug dealers, which I find repugnant.
So you think banning drug dealers from voting will help dems? Surely you aren't saying to only ban rural drug dealers can't vote, are you?
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #69
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 56,797
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
So you think banning drug dealers from voting will help dems? Surely you aren't saying to only ban rural drug dealers can't vote, are you?
ummm, its pretty clear in his little example that he thinks banning farmers would be good for dems.

like, reading is not that hard man.
Victor is online now  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #70
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 10,155
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
So you think banning drug dealers from voting will help dems? Surely you aren't saying to only ban rural drug dealers can't vote, are you?
The flimsy drug dealer thing is an excuse to harass rural whites into doing something inconvenient for them, thus making it harder, but not impossible, to vote. (Similar to voter ID) Since the courts have said it's totally fine to discriminate this way against political parties, there's nothing wrong here and is something all conservatives would support, right?

Mostly it's an example that's hopefully clear enough to show why the flimsy voter fraud excuse is a terrible pretense to stop blacks from voting.

Of course, we have actual evidence for my flimsy pretext, unlike the voter ID thing, so I guess they're different that way.
Noodle Wazlib is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:43 AM   #71
bundy5
Pooh-Bah
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,587
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Sosa View Post
Libruls still being racist in thinking that blacks are too stupid to get a piece of ID? Amazing.

Agree. How is it unreasonable that AAs have to follow a process that everyone else has to?

I thought you democrats were liberals? Isn't one of the fundamental principles of liberalism that the law applies to everyone equally and that includes having to comply with what you are required to be able to lawfully vote?
bundy5 is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:48 AM   #72
bundy5
Pooh-Bah
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,587
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
This is a blatant lie about what liberals believe. Black people can get IDs, but getting an ID is a pain and often costs money because you have to retrieve documents. It's an impediment to voting that does nothing to prevent voter fraud. And many states made it more difficult to get IDs at the same time they passed the law.
If they have to get further documents to validate their ID in order to get an identity card that's too bad. Get it done. There are probably organisations out there that will assist them if on their own they feel it is too difficult. Also, whoever administers and issues these identity documents over in the US should have programs in place to assist who they perceive are minority groups which find this task difficult.

And anyway, what the **** is this? We lower the requirements just because they are a certain race?
bundy5 is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #73
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: on forum tilt
Posts: 5,604
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
The constitution is rooted in learning the lessons of 1,000 years of monarchy in Europe.

In 1651, republicans seized control of government in England, ending the civil war between royaltists and parliamentarians. Oliver Cromwell had Charles I behedded and exiled Charles II.

In 1658 when Oliver Cromwell died ... his son, Richard Cromwell became the new ruler.

Can anyone see what's gone wrong here?

Liberal voices such as John Milton, the architects of the Commonwealth were devastated.

Later, John Locke tried to iron out the problems of what had gone wrong.

The founding fathers of the USA read Locke and tried to put in checks and balances to ensure that the country would not fall into the hands of despotism and that freedom and human rights were protected by law, by constitution.

And now you tell me that reason wasn't at its basis? Proceed. On what grounds do you make this claim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Please, continue talking about the roots of democracy and the authority of the constitution, it's exactly on topic and not ****ing stupid.
The thing is, every political discussion boils down in one way or another as to the role of government. There's no way to side-step that, unless you're a liberal mod or something and decide to stick your fingers in your ears and say, lalalala. There's a reason why Ron Paul had to be a Republican. There was essentially no other way to bring the debate on the role of government, or even a limited government view. I mean, I just endured probably the greatest race to the bottom in history, Clinton v Trump, and I'm quiet, and I have fun poking at the candidates, but seriously, there's like nothing rational about these elections at all. An identity politics addict, and a nationalist that made far-right marketable, and a not-so-knowledgeable LPer. But, by all means, everyone bang their head on the left vs. right, because democracy has always been this way, and there's no other solution, and no reason to question the biggest religion of our time, democracy. Check-out, and debate on anti-state.com if you're interested. I'm busy.

I mean, I can look-up and give the history of Russia for the last thousand years, and articulate the status quo, up until the collapse of the Soviet Union. It didn't make it a particularly good model. All these arguments are for the status quo, because it's the status quo.

I'll start a role of government thread at some point if I can free up time. Extra fudge.

Last edited by leavesofliberty; 02-05-2017 at 10:58 AM.
leavesofliberty is online now  
Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #74
Lord_Crispen
journeyman
 
Lord_Crispen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: unknown
Posts: 361
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy5 View Post
If they have to get further documents to validate their ID in order to get an identity card that's too bad. Get it done. There are probably organisations out there that will assist them if on their own they feel it is too difficult. Also, whoever administers and issues these identity documents over in the US should have programs in place to assist who they perceive are minority groups which find this task difficult.

And anyway, what the **** is this? We lower the requirements just because they are a certain race?
Why increase the difficulty at all though if there hasn't been any proof that there is any voter fraud?

Why introduce more new programs to "assist who they preceive are minority groups which find [getting an ID accepted for voting] difficult" when the difficulty was fabricated with the intent on making it more difficult?


You see the problem with your thoughts here? It's much simpler to plug the hole in a bucket than to build a new bigger bucket around the leaky one.
Lord_Crispen is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #75
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 8,688
Re: Voter ID and claims of fraud

Are the people saying voter fraud isn't an issue literally mean they believe there is 0 instances of voter fraud in the US?
bahbahmickey is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online