Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #176
juan valdez
Pooh-Bah
 
juan valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,853
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
How did you only bold the first sentence? The entire thing reads like satire, but it sadly is not.

We're at about round 12 of asking OP for actual evidence of his claims in the OP about curriculum and such. I'm sure that is coming instead of anecdotal youtubes of MRA type guys any post now! You attack other people for their social skills, but have gotten banned on an internet website for sexism and I really doubt you have ever been to university or in the environments you are lauding.
The post i got banned for was laughable. I have posted multiple proffesors and psychologists suggesting the same. Womens studies contradict basic biology. They get away with it the same way sjw's succeed in activism, they label you a sexist, racist, and a phobe, then go after your career. Wookie has shown an inability to articulate strong arguments, ask for clarification, issues warnings, and has been extremely leanient of left leaning posters while snap banning those with oposing views. Its classic sjw tribal authoritarian behavoir. Again, professors and psychologists with the courage to speak out have already described it

Its like your ignorance of what is being taught is some sort of argument. You want to argue as a default, and so far the argument is I haven't properly informed you. Ok you're ignorant of the subject, thats not a strong point though
juan valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #177
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,378
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
These programs are bogus nonsense that create and encourage political activism. People don't understand the absurdity on college campuses and the root of it. People should familiarize themselves with the nonsense activism and social justice on campuses and think about where it is coming from. Do you really think its in contradiction with their social courses?
You seem to care if there is social activism or not. That's irrelevant to the claim that something is unscientific or anti-scientific.

Quote:
Its in contradiction with mainstream biology though.
What is in contradiction and in what way specifically?
13ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #178
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 18,483
Re: Gender studies

Juan, you conveniently left out the part if you have personally attended college. You're Canadian. So am I. You should know our campus life is wildly different from America. It really seems like you don't know this because you never experienced such. It seems very clear based on your postings about how you imagine what campus life is that you never got to experience such on your own. It's weird, since university in Canada is not very expensive. Most people attend a university in their home province and quite a few still live at home while doing it. This is why we don't get the same campus culture America has. There are genuinely few things less radical than a Canadian University.

And again, another post without a single curriculum, specific teacher or campus doing what he said he would prove in the OP. Just vague "people are doing x" with literally no sources beyond lol YouTube videos.
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #179
ecriture d'adulte
journeyman
 
ecriture d'adulte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavesofliberty View Post
I mean, what claims in GS are both scientific and backed by evidence? The onus should be on GS, and the curriculum should be examined first, which is what juan is driving at with his link.
Gender studies doesn't have to be scientific to be worthy of university study, a la literature or art . They aren't in science departments so the burden is on you to show that what they are doing contradicts things people in science departments are doing.

A huge clue that you're wrong is that physics professors don't seem to agree with you.
ecriture d'adulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #180
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,378
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
Haidt is at least interesting and I agree with a lot of his points.

But, man. This second video is terrible.

The Bush thing he made up was bad. I understand he was making a point, but people are going to watch this and then forget it was untrue.

Anyway, then he claims that the Obama administration told school districts that they had to ensure that all races were being disciplined at an equal rate. (He begins talking about this at the 12:00 mark). He says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidt
And they tell schools they must eliminate the disparities. They send one of their infamous "dear colleague" letters warning schools: 'you better even the rates out or we're comin' after you.'"
The problem is that the letter he refers to makes no such demands. Here it is.

When do they "come after you"?

Quote:
The Departments initiate investigations of student discipline policies and practices at particular schools based on complaints the Departments receive from students, parents, community members, and others about possible racial discrimination in student discipline.3 The Departments also may initiate investigations based on public reports of racial disparities in student discipline combined with other information, or as part of their regular compliance monitoring activities.
Quote:
Although statistical and quantitative data would not end an
inquiry under Title IV or Title VI
, significant and unexplained racial disparities in student discipline give rise to concerns that schools may be engaging in racial discrimination that violates the Federal civil rights laws.
In addition, they cite evidence that "the substantial racial disparities of the kind reflected in the CRDC data are not explained by more frequent or more serious misbehavior by students of color."

Not only do they never demand that races be disciplined equally, they go out of their way to say that they will not investigate based on the presence of a disparity alone.

After having created his strawman Haidt then asks "If the goal is to equalize the rates of punishment, is that fair?"

No. And that's not what is happening.

He also claims that the Minneapolis school district made changes in response to the letter, but they were investigated before they made changes:

Quote:
The new policy will be implemented as the district approves a settlement with the U.S. Department of Education, which was investigating the district over its inconsistent suspension treatment for black students.
SJWs are such a problem, but this guy has to manufacture an example?

Last edited by 13ball; 01-20-2017 at 04:00 PM.
13ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:10 AM   #181
juan valdez
Pooh-Bah
 
juan valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,853
Re: Gender studies

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/29...l-come-for-you

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealPeerReview
juan valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #182
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,378
Re: Gender studies

No comment on the fact that the video you posted was based in part on a huge lie? Standard.
13ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #183
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 18,483
Re: Gender studies

No comment from him on his history, or that his view of Canadian university institutions is created entirely by right wing propaganda. Sun media is a right wing tabloid. Not shocked at all that's what he's linking rather than actually trying to defend his views.
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #184
juan valdez
Pooh-Bah
 
juan valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,853
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
No comment on the fact that the video you posted was based in part on a huge lie? Standard.
According to you. We have you and your track record vs respected professors who also give highly regarded ted talks while you accumulate a bunch of misinformed post on a poker forum, a game in wich you're not even good at. I don't think going back and forth on your interpretations is interesting at all. Your opinion is there for people to accept or as usual, disregard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
No comment from him on his history, or that his view of Canadian university institutions is created entirely by right wing propaganda. Sun media is a right wing tabloid. Not shocked at all that's what he's linking rather than actually trying to defend his views.
If i give you my opinion, its an anecdote. If i give you sources you want my opinion. I already told you that your argument was ignorrance of the situation, which isnt really an argument. You just have the sjw instinct to argue anyways though

This is happening on canadian campuses


These are canadian professorss



You can skip to 11:00. Some scientific gems from another canadian professor
juan valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #185
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,378
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
According to you. We have you and your track record vs respected professors who also give highly regarded ted talks
This isn't "according to" me at all. I quoted the video carefully and provided the source document. I laid out my argument on this point pretty clearly. Of course someone isn't right because they are highly regarded or because they have given a TED talk. (If you really believed that highly regarded professors and TED presenters could never be wrong, well...then you'd be a liberal.)

Do you think I fabricated that letter? Or that I misquoted the video? I may have made a mistake, but I was pretty careful. You see, this is what academic inquiry looks like: Citing evidence, checking original sources. And not just on views you disagree with. You should be doing this with articles you agree with too.

This requires a bit of effort. You can't get at the truth just by watching videos that provoke some kind of emotional reaction. That's a recipe for believing wrong things.

Quote:
while you accumulate a bunch of misinformed post on a poker forum, a game in wich you're not even good at. I don't think going back and forth on your interpretations is interesting at all. Your opinion is there for people to accept or as usual, disregard.
You should be able to support your opinions based on sources. You aren't making any effort to connect the claims you make with the evidence you present.

Quote:
If i give you my opinion, its an anecdote. If i give you sources you want my opinion. I already told you that your argument was ignorrance of the situation, which isnt really an argument. You just have the sjw instinct to argue anyways though
Honestly, what would be the point of responding to any more of your videos? You will believe them anyway no matter how many errors or illogical arguments are present.
13ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #186
spaceman Bryce
anything you guys want
 
spaceman Bryce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't like school; it's stupid
Posts: 15,584
Re: Gender studies

I'm doing to much for PU right now and so but I actually wanted to address things June Valdez said sometime.
spaceman Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #187
spaceman Bryce
anything you guys want
 
spaceman Bryce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't like school; it's stupid
Posts: 15,584
Re: Gender studies

Also no I don't have bad social skills.
spaceman Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #188
kioshk
Nixonian
 
kioshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: now Watergate does not bother me
Posts: 89,832
Re: Gender studies

Yeah, your social skills definitely seem to be top notch.
kioshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:56 AM   #189
kioshk
Nixonian
 
kioshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: now Watergate does not bother me
Posts: 89,832
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenPoke View Post
From my brief foray into a gender studies class: It's all men's fault. Especially white men.
These damn white guys are the worst, I swear. We should round them up and kill them all for all their heinous crimes. How are they still allowed to walk around free anyway.
kioshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #190
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,378
Re: Gender studies

Yeah, genders studies courses sound terrible if you fabricate the things they say.
13ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #191
Black Peter
veteran
 
Black Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Pass
Posts: 2,677
Re: Gender studies

I just did a gender sensitivity course online at my university. This is what i learned:

Guy becomes a girl, and is banging a guy.

Straight or gay?
Black Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #192
kioshk
Nixonian
 
kioshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: now Watergate does not bother me
Posts: 89,832
Re: Gender studies

Now that is a college education right there! Worth every penny.
kioshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #193
juan valdez
Pooh-Bah
 
juan valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,853
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
No comment from him on his history, or that his view of Canadian university institutions is created entirely by right wing propaganda. Sun media is a right wing tabloid. Not shocked at all that's what he's linking rather than actually trying to defend his views.
i just posted a video showing two canadian professors... and you suddenly dont want to talk about it. this video is also from canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman Bryce View Post
Also no I don't have bad social skills.
i still can't tell if this is some sort of schtick
juan valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #194
wil318466
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Trumpland
Posts: 17,654
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Peter View Post
I just did a gender sensitivity course online at my university. This is what i learned:

Guy becomes a girl, and is banging a guy.

Straight or gay?
I'll take "the world is so ****ed up we don't dare answer these types of questions" for 600, Alex.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #195
wil318466
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Trumpland
Posts: 17,654
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshk View Post
Yeah, your social skills definitely seem to be top notch.
I lol'ed
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #196
kioshk
Nixonian
 
kioshk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: now Watergate does not bother me
Posts: 89,832
Re: Gender studies

I think Spaceman has an incredibly dry and somewhat wacky of humor to be fair, and he very well might have been making a weird joke there.

I enjoy talking to Spaceman, but I think he's kinda mad at me lately. We have that Missouri-Kansas tension going on.
kioshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #197
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Without the powers of Deep Blue
Posts: 5,086
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Peter View Post
I just did a gender sensitivity course online at my university. This is what i learned:

Guy becomes a girl, and is banging a guy.

Straight or gay?
So, is gender studies a paper tiger for sjw's so we can all pay for their kool-aid? Or was there something educational in the whole class that you could use towards your profession?
leavesofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #198
DudeImBetter
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DudeImBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: From Banville, Permaland (x2)
Posts: 9,411
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavesofliberty View Post
So, is gender studies a paper tiger for sjw's so we can all pay for their kool-aid? Or was there something educational in the whole class that you could use towards your profession?
What percent of your college coursework should be clearly pertaining to future job skills, IYO?
DudeImBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:38 AM   #199
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,231
Re: Gender studies

Can't have universities preserving and expanding cultural knowledge. That's an insane thought.
Bladesman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #200
Black Peter
veteran
 
Black Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Pass
Posts: 2,677
Re: Gender studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavesofliberty View Post
So, is gender studies a paper tiger for sjw's so we can all pay for their kool-aid? Or was there something educational in the whole class that you could use towards your profession?
It wasn't a class. It was training for professors so that we can handle the nuances of gender diversity, etc.
Black Peter is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online