Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 PM   #26
OneLevelHigher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromsweden View Post
what, since when have this been standard? Ive been able to deposit and cash out quickly on most sites/skins
This is the first time anything of this nature has happened to me. Hard to believe that it's a standard practice. I'll deposit money on Ignition, then withdraw everything a couple of weeks later with no issues without paying 1000-2000 dollars of rake on my 10-20k deposit
OneLevelHigher is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Land of baseball & pie from apples
Posts: 7,012
Re: 20th thread on 10% rake accrual to Withdraw (Edit of Dramatic title)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
Please try to tell me you've read that before you deposited. 0% of players read the fine print, they just assume that a giant poker site that is advertised on the biggest poker forums on the Internet will allow you to withdraw your money without having to play thousands of hands as a requirement.
I disagree that no depositors read the rules for cashing out. I always do, but I can't say for certain that I would have found it, or even looked for it, if it were my first time depositing on a gambling-related site.

I'm not sure what the optimal solution is as far as transparency. At the extreme, you could require a click to acknowledge each rule separately, but even then you will have some depositors just clicking "accept" until it takes their money. Probably a link from the cashier (when depositing) to the rule page for cashing out would be helpful in terms of transparency.

Last edited by Max Cut; 08-09-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Max Cut is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #28
OneLevelHigher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Anyways, 500 people have seen this. Maybe they'll change their policy. They certainly won't disclose it upfront because nobody would deposit if they saw a warning saying there is a guaranteed loss of 10 percent of initial deposit(s?) before withdrawing.
OneLevelHigher is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #29
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 1,000
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

lol
Thrash370 is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:33 PM   #30
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Land of baseball & pie from apples
Posts: 7,012
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

What's clear is that you are not very reasonable, based on things like your threat to smear them and statements like "a guaranteed loss of 10 percent of initial deposit(s?) before withdrawing."

I'm not a fan of allowing you to cross post 4 or 5 or however many times you did and then also create a thread like this. You attempting to damage the site's credibility in order to get satisfaction on your personal issue could have an impact on other players. I'm not buying your concern for others line.

Last edited by Max Cut; 08-09-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Max Cut is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 12:49 AM   #31
Sev Mile Dogg
grinder
 
Sev Mile Dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 582
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
What's clear is that you are not very reasonable, based on things like your threat to smear them and statements like "a guaranteed loss of 10 percent of initial deposit(s?) before withdrawing."

I'm not a fan of allowing you to cross post 4 or 5 or however many times you did and then also create a thread like this. You attempting to damage the site's credibility in order to get satisfaction on your personal issue could have an impact on other players. I'm not buying your concern for others line.


+1
Sev Mile Dogg is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #32
OneLevelHigher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
What's clear is that you are not very reasonable, based on things like your threat to smear them and statements like "a guaranteed loss of 10 percent of initial deposit(s?) before withdrawing."

I'm not a fan of allowing you to cross post 4 or 5 or however many times you did and then also create a thread like this. You attempting to damage the site's credibility in order to get satisfaction on your personal issue could have an impact on other players. I'm not buying your concern for others line.
If you had 7700 dollars locked up on a poker site that you can't withdraw except by spending hundreds of hours playing games you don't want to play, you might feel a bit differently

This affects enough people for there to be a new thread about it every week. Everyone is acting in their self interest--the poker site is forcing action on new depositors, and I'm telling everyone about it.

I'm sharing the truth about what happened to me as a new depositor. It's a bad experience.
OneLevelHigher is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:45 AM   #33
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,049
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
If you had 7700 dollars locked up on a poker site that you can't withdraw except by spending hundreds of hours playing games you don't want to play, you might feel a bit differently

This affects enough people for there to be a new thread about it every week. Everyone is acting in their self interest--the poker site is forcing action on new depositors, and I'm telling everyone about it.

I'm sharing the truth about what happened to me as a new depositor. It's a bad experience.
You stated in your opening post you were playing 25/50nl. At those stakes it would definitely not take you hundreds of hours to clear the rake requirement. I am going to be perfectly honest, I find it hard to believe a knowledgable player wouldn't do their homework to find out if they wanted to play at those stakes on any particular site. So that being said I can only come to the conclusion that you are not a knowledgable player which means you are ignorant. And you being ignorant is not the networks fault. There is no one to blame but yourself and the fact that you think your word of mouth carries any weight makes you arrogant as well. So suck it up buttercup.

Oh and before someone comes in here telling me him playing 25/50nl would definitely take him hundreds of hours what he meant was that he was playing 5000nl
chopsy2 is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 02:20 AM   #34
Zorkman
banned
 
Zorkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Addicted to Grand Theft Auto Online
Posts: 6,341
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Well go and play your required hours and come back and report that you doubled your money, do a double fist pump, and peace out of the thread.
Zorkman is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #35
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,561
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
Nope.

1000 of rake = 200 of deposit bonus freed

Some people on here are so biased it's ridiculous.

Not clearly disclosing that your first deposit can't be withdrawn unless you pay $1000 of rake is incredibly shady. I don't see how anyone can argue with this fact.
The percentage of people who deposit $10,000 on the site as a first deposit is extraordinarily small. Asking that you cover the costs of processing is normal, standard, required by PokerStars (even though they were in the past lax in enforcing this, they are doing it much more recently) and reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
They absolutely do not pay 10% fees on deposits.
You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 AM   #36
djevans
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: springfield, VA
Posts: 3,351
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

I think op should have access to his funds - You guys are insane for thinking otherwise. Don't let him deposit 10k than. Restrict him to 2000 deposit or cheaper - they can clearly cover the costs - and if he does it in the future just warn him.

Or warn him before he deposits such a large amount that the company has to endure heavy deposit costs - and let him make a decision to deposit 10k.

IMO it's crazy people think the company is in the right. No bank does this - E-trade won't do this - why does some poker site get the right to do it? I've done business with foreign web sites - like Ripple and Gatehub. No one restricts access to my funds.
djevans is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 AM   #37
OneLevelHigher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by djevans View Post
I think op should have access to his funds - You guys are insane for thinking otherwise. Don't let him deposit 10k than. Restrict him to 2000 deposit or cheaper - they can clearly cover the costs - and if he does it in the future just warn him.

Or warn him before he deposits such a large amount that the company has to endure heavy deposit costs - and let him make a decision to deposit 10k.

IMO it's crazy people think the company is in the right. No bank does this - E-trade won't do this - why does some poker site get the right to do it? I've done business with foreign web sites - like Ripple and Gatehub. No one restricts access to my funds.
+1
OneLevelHigher is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 04:53 AM   #38
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 1,000
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by djevans View Post

IMO it's crazy
IMO it's crazy that you can't realize the difference that these companies have in the cost in processing transactions.

Why it's hard for anyone to do anything but troll OP is because the majority of posters in this forum have had a good experience with the Winning_TD helping them out with issues. Him coming in ranting "Scam" "Ponzi" "lose 10% of your money" makes him seem very unreasonable. The guy is in the right place to at least get some kind of closure to his issue but all he can do is throw bombs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD
Calling us shady when its out there wont get me to help you. I hate that word its so ridiculous

Last edited by Thrash370; 08-10-2017 at 05:21 AM.
Thrash370 is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #39
onemoetime
enthusiast
 
onemoetime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Univ Notre Dame
Posts: 81
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

The irony is thick. OP deposits stacks, complains and threatens because he doesn't get what he wants then tries to rationalize his ignorance... yea sounds about right...
onemoetime is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #40
CuseNation
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

It's been a long time since I downloaded a poker client or make a new account for one but I can say with almost 100 percent certainty that they have a link to the TOC when you create the account and even have a little box you have to check saying you read it. So if you clicked the box and didn't read it then it's on you since you agreed to the terms and agreed to follow them.

But like everyone else in this thread this is standard I've been playing online since I was 18 and have always known of this rule.


Also you talk about banks and E*TRADE not doing this and that is because they already sent a note to the IRS because they have to report large transactions and transactions that add up to a large amount.
CuseNation is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #41
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,971
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnIndy View Post
I'm really stunned you would even feel good about putting that kind of money on this site. It's literally one of the most sketchy websites i've ever played on. It's why i rather just never play online poker again and just play live.
Ok so dont post here.

Thanks
Winning_TD is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #42
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,971
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

In no world when you deposit on bet365 in my case or any poker site do they give you any info like that.

People have a choice to read them or dont read them, i never do but however i do know my own terms and conditions, thanks for your concern.

Your comment about lower stakes games having higher rake is just ridiculous. People that player lower wont dep 10k and have that issue they may dep $100 and have to rake 10.

What is it with that word shady.. When its public knowledge how on earth can it be shady?

Dont post in player issue thread anymore its not the right place!
Winning_TD is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #43
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,561
Re: 20th thread on 10% rake accrual to Withdraw (Edit of Dramatic title)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
I deposited $9500, played some 25/50NL on America's Cardroom. Decided the games were too tough so I tried to withdraw. First withdrawal for $4000 was perfect, then when I tried to get the rest of the money out ($7600) they canceled my request and told me I had to pay at least $950 of rake (10% of my first deposit) before I could withdraw any money.
Count yourself lucky. The 10% play-through requirement WPN has imposed upon you is nothing compared to how WSOP.com, a "safe and regulated" site acts. Here's an article about a respected 2+2'er and poker journalist who was denied a $411 cashout, based on a $400 deposit, after raking $273 dollars lol. They wanted him to rake even more! He finally had to threaten to complain to regulators to get his payout.

https://www.safestpokersites.com/blo...ague-wsop-com/

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #44
uradoodooface
veteran
 
uradoodooface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,022
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Even tho $1k seems like a lot but who knows what their processing cost is, raking 10% is standard. How do you put 1000s of $$$ on a site without doing research on the site? Your lucky you put the money on this site and not some scam site lol.

Take this as a lesson and learn from it or you're gonna go thru a lot of pain in this world.
uradoodooface is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #45
imfromsweden
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
imfromsweden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,126
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

I cannot fathom how so many defend the poker site and even mock the op.
imfromsweden is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #46
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,923
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

1) they really should mention this when you deposit
2) while transaction fees especially for us plays can be very high, if the op used bitcoin they're next to nothing.
3)op does sound silly calling them a ponzi scheme etc but in fairness i'd be pretty pissed off too if i couldn't get my money
borg23 is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #47
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,049
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Not sure if this view has been brought up but when he signed up he most likely did so using a deposit bonus. So if WPN is offering a bonus to get people to sign up why shouldn't there be some sort of play through the requirements. There would be no reason to offer the deposit bonus on their end without some sort of minimum play expectations.
chopsy2 is offline  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #48
Zorkman
banned
 
Zorkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Addicted to Grand Theft Auto Online
Posts: 6,341
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLevelHigher View Post
+1
You're the OP. You don't get to +1.
Zorkman is offline  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:34 AM   #49
Nick_AA
old hand
 
Nick_AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,355
WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

I think OP is a turd and am sympathetic to the fact sites have significant processing costs but when it comes to high stakes I think there should be more leniency. If someone was to want to play 25/50 on a site they could conceivably deposit $100k. The rake requirement would be very high and things can change fast on the site or the intended match to result in no or much less action. Then what? You never can have your money unless you rake a ton of money vs the high stakes bots?

There should be a middle option like a withdrawal fee to cover processing fees.... it sure as hell isn't 10% though. I know for a fact banks send $100 million + for less than a hundred dollar transaction fee. Admittedly much less risk because between huge banks but still ......
Nick_AA is offline  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:59 AM   #50
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 1,000
Re: WARNING: Do Not Deposit on WPN! They Won't Let You Withdraw Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_AA View Post
I think OP is a turd and am sympathetic to the fact sites have significant processing costs but when it comes to high stakes I think there should be more leniency. If someone was to want to play 25/50 on a site they could conceivably deposit $100k. The rake requirement would be very high and things can change fast on the site or the intended match to result in no or much less action. Then what? You never can have your money unless you rake a ton of money vs the high stakes bots?

There should be a middle option like a withdrawal fee to cover processing fees.... it sure as hell isn't 10% though. I know for a fact banks send $100 million + for less than a hundred dollar transaction fee. Admittedly much less risk because between huge banks but still ......
I do actually agree with this post. There should be some judgment calls. Even more reason OP shouldn't have gone into a thread meant to help by one of the people that maybe make a judgment call that is meant to help people and call it a "scam" "ponzi".

That being said there should never be a vindictive nature when it comes to people's money. Hopefully OP calms down a little and maybe there can be a dialogue?

Note: I do not speak for WPN despite modding here, views are solely my own

Edit: It's certainly more than 10% on non bitcoin so you're definitely off there (not to mention they have had to deal with processors going rogue with money). I'm not sure what it is on bitcoin but they do use a 3rd party to process them so they're incurring fees.

Last edited by Thrash370; 08-11-2017 at 03:05 AM.
Thrash370 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online