Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
WPN Rep
Winning Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 716
Jackpot Poker!

We are only a few weeks away from the most fun that can be had in online poker today!

The Winning Poker Network is the only USA offering site hosting lottery sit and gos to poker players. Jackpot Poker!

Jackpot Poker is a 3-max, hyper sit and go. In about 5 minutes, you can win up to 2500 times your buy-in!
Start with 500 chips and get ready for the most intense poker action of your life as the blinds move up every 3 minutes!


The projected release date is Tuesday, April 14th.



Check out the preview!



Check out the YouTube preview for a longer preview with better resolution and the deal interface.



Here are previews of the Jackpot Poker lobby and registration screen.






We are launching with $2 and $10 stakes. Here are the prize pool distributions for those games.


Last edited by WPN Rep; 04-07-2015 at 11:17 AM.
WPN Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
MikeyH505
journeyman
 
MikeyH505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 385
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Pretty awesome. Good job wpn
MikeyH505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Jackpot Poker!

This is just going to draw the Rec players away from the regular tables. The large amount of Regs compared to Recs on WPN is probably WPN's largest problem. This is exactly the wrong direction to go.

WPN needs to draw Rec players to the regular tables, not away from them. It can only do that by providing promotions that benefit Rec players. Many of us have asked for that over and over again but no one has listened to us and all promotions are directed at winning regs.

Why would any new players that might join WPN to play the Jackpot tables decide to play at the regular tables? WPN, by no means, has a large enough player pool to take this type of risk.

A few years ago Merge studied their own stats and found that players who lose money fast tend not to redeposit whereas those who lose more slowly do tend to redeposit. Rec players certainly can't beat these types of games and can't possibly lose more quickly than by playing any other game than these. Their deposits will be burned through at a record rate with the rest of the player pool having little chance of winning that money. WPN gets the Rec money, we don't.

On average it will take many years of playing every single day for a player to win the big spin in those games. Most players will go broke long before reaching the prize that they are really going after.

If the regular tables become even nittier and/or more sparse, this is going to be a deal breaker for many of us.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
lovethyneighbor
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
This is just going to draw the Rec players away from the regular tables. The large amount of Regs compared to Recs on WPN is probably WPN's largest problem. This is exactly the wrong direction to go.

WPN needs to draw Rec players to the regular tables, not away from them. It can only do that by providing promotions that benefit Rec players. Many of us have asked for that over and over again but no one has listened to us and all promotions are directed at winning regs.

Why would any new players that might join WPN to play the Jackpot tables decide to play at the regular tables? WPN, by no means, has a large enough player pool to take this type of risk.

A few years ago Merge studied their own stats and found that players who lose money fast tend not to redeposit whereas those who lose more slowly do tend to redeposit. Rec players certainly can't beat these types of games and can't possibly lose more quickly than by playing any other game than these. Their deposits will be burned through at a record rate with the rest of the player pool having little chance of winning that money. WPN gets the Rec money, we don't.

On average it will take many years of playing every single day for a player to win the big spin in those games. Most players will go broke long before reaching the prize that they are really going after.

If the regular tables become even nittier and/or more sparse, this is going to be a deal breaker for many of us.
i tend to agree with everything here. also, the few who do get lucky aren't likely to redistribute their new-found wealth to the cash games economy. they are likely to pay off loans or go on vacation... or play higher stakes crackpot sngs...
lovethyneighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
Boney526
veteran
 
Boney526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,029
Re: Jackpot Poker!

I gotta agree. I don't see how WPNs player base can sustain this especially with max jackpot at 2500x. Your biggest your biggest MTTs barely get to 100x buy ins for first with the exception of the Milly. I mean the 100k probably does as well.

Not to mention that I think they're bad no matter how many players there are - this just seems reckless to me. Make the max something like 100 or 200x and I'll be far less worries but the variance here is just sickeningly huge.
Boney526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
Boney526
veteran
 
Boney526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,029
Re: Jackpot Poker!

But also does this mean deal making for other final tables as well?
Boney526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,761
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Going to jump in a little here.

1st - These are set deals so its a completely different logic to MTT deals.

2nd - Being the only US facing site to have these we are confident that it will bring in alot more players and everything will thrive, cash games through to jpt sng's.
Winning_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #8
Banned4lyfe
Sup-Bah? Pop-Bah Pooh-Bear Permanently Pooh-Bah Billy Walters Jr
 
Banned4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal ✈
Posts: 12,330
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Is deal making available throughout the sng?

this is going to kill you guys, gl.
Banned4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
lovethyneighbor
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post

2nd - Being the only US facing site to have these we are confident that it will bring in alot more players and everything will thrive, cash games through to jpt sng's.
why this?

and not this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
This is just going to draw the Rec players away from the regular tables. The large amount of Regs compared to Recs on WPN is probably WPN's largest problem. This is exactly the wrong direction to go.

WPN needs to draw Rec players to the regular tables, not away from them. It can only do that by providing promotions that benefit Rec players. Many of us have asked for that over and over again but no one has listened to us and all promotions are directed at winning regs.

Why would any new players that might join WPN to play the Jackpot tables decide to play at the regular tables? WPN, by no means, has a large enough player pool to take this type of risk.

A few years ago Merge studied their own stats and found that players who lose money fast tend not to redeposit whereas those who lose more slowly do tend to redeposit. Rec players certainly can't beat these types of games and can't possibly lose more quickly than by playing any other game than these. Their deposits will be burned through at a record rate with the rest of the player pool having little chance of winning that money. WPN gets the Rec money, we don't.

On average it will take many years of playing every single day for a player to win the big spin in those games. Most players will go broke long before reaching the prize that they are really going after.

If the regular tables become even nittier and/or more sparse, this is going to be a deal breaker for many of us.
maybe it would help if you shared the reasons for your confidence and explained why the seemingly logical thoughts that are presented here aren't likely to happen?
lovethyneighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #10
timhardawyhatesu
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,299
Re: Jackpot Poker!

I really dont get the appeal of these things.
timhardawyhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #11
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post
Going to jump in a little here.

1st - These are set deals so its a completely different logic to MTT deals.

2nd - Being the only US facing site to have these we are confident that it will bring in alot more players and everything will thrive, cash games through to jpt sng's.
Introducing them at PokerStars didn't increase the number of cash game players there.

I just don't see any way in the world that poker players who are attracted to the instant gratification of these games will decide to wait 10 minutes in the lobby to play regular sitngos. Rec players do not like to wait for games. PokerStars has so many players that there is never a wait for any games. WPN is starting from a very different place than is PokerStars.

Last edited by SantaCruz; 03-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #12
lovethyneighbor
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhardawyhatesu View Post
I really dont get the appeal of these things.
this may aid in your understanding of their appeal...

http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.o...507/3181.short

or this...

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/sit...0-500x348.jpeg
lovethyneighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #13
DIRTYDOGGPOKER
enthusiast
 
DIRTYDOGGPOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 50
Re: Jackpot Poker!

i would think you wait and see how it goes before hating it out the gate

people do not like change but change is good sometimes and until it gets chance never know if this is good or bad
DIRTYDOGGPOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
lovethyneighbor
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYDOGGPOKER View Post
i would think you wait and see how it goes before hating it out the gate

people do not like change but change is good sometimes and until it gets chance never know if this is good or bad
WPN Rep posted about it today, creating a thread for discussion. Nothing wrong with sharing our reasoned opinions about it today.
lovethyneighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
Johnny Walnuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 246
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post
Going to jump in a little here.

1st - These are set deals so its a completely different logic to MTT deals.

2nd - Being the only US facing site to have these we are confident that it will bring in alot more players and everything will thrive, cash games through to jpt sng's.
Can you please explain your reasoning as to why these new game types will bring in more players to the site specifically to cash games?

I completely agree with Santa Cruzs conclusion as to what these jackpot sit n gos will do to the games. I am not happy with the small player pool being split up even more.
Johnny Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #16
SantaCruz
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,164
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYDOGGPOKER View Post
i would think you wait and see how it goes before hating it out the gate

people do not like change but change is good sometimes and until it gets chance never know if this is good or bad
There is nothing thus far to support the notion that this change would be good for anyone other than the network through increased rake revenue at the expense of regs. If players don't speak out for their own interests, who will?
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #17
pokerafar
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Re: Jackpot Poker!

And instead of releasing new features can you guys prioritize and resolve the bitcoin deposit issue first?
pokerafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #18
RvrRatKilla
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edge of the gene pool with Chlorox
Posts: 215
Re: Jackpot Poker!

When will the weekly Bingo and Pokeno games start? I'll send my Grams your way...

Seriously, with the issues the network has affecting everyday players, this is the BS you guys are brain storming behind the scenes? Who the fk is in charge over there Dr. Suess? FIX the broken **** 1st... Then worry about "Jackpot Poker"

One more slap in the face to regs trying to grind out a living on this chitshow of a network. You really want to bring in recs, ditch this disaster of an idea and bring back the BBJ ffs...
RvrRatKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #19
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,121
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvrRatKilla View Post
When will the weekly Bingo and Pokeno games start? I'll send my Grams your way...

Seriously, with the issues the network has affecting everyday players, this is the BS you guys are brain storming behind the scenes? Who the fk is in charge over there Dr. Suess? FIX the broken **** 1st... Then worry about "Jackpot Poker"

One more slap in the face to regs trying to grind out a living on this chitshow of a network. You really want to bring in recs, ditch this disaster of an idea and bring back the BBJ ffs...
You know WPN isn't the only place with problems about DDoS attack, right?
A_Schupick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #20
WPN Rep
Winning Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 716
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
There is nothing thus far to support the notion that this change would be good for anyone other than the network through increased rake revenue at the expense of regs. If players don't speak out for their own interests, who will?
We had a similar discussion a couple years ago on whether or not The Beast would destroy the economy. You'll probably not get much discussion in this forum from a WPN rep on this topic.

The CEO steers these decisions. He's the person who's done his homework on this and decided to introduce this to the WPN economy. He's not active in these forums. However, I believe he spoke briefly about lottery sit and gos in a couple Twitch broadcasts. I'm sure someone could dig through those and find some of his thoughts. He has access to information/contacts I don't have that influence his decisions.

There's been much discussion at 2+2 and elsewhere about the impact these games have on the economy. Here's a recent article I read. There are plenty more to be found on all sides of the issue using a Google search.

Personally, I have to take the same stance I did in the Beast conversation years ago. I'm not ready to make a judgement call on the topic as I've not enough information. I do, however, have high confidence in the CEO's judgement with these types of things.

In my opinion, they're the most interesting innovation to poker since Rush. I just got a chance to start playing them inside the last 5 months. I've been a strictly cash player over my poker career. I hate MTTs. I hate SNGs. But these things are incredible fun. I really enjoy playing them.

They're in a number of economies now.

Winimax - Expresso Poker
Ipoker - Twister Poker
Stars - Spin & Go
Tilt - Jackpot Sit and Gos

I've spent much time analyzing these games and structures. I've done my best to provide what I feel is the best format I can offer players and also have the games attractive. I also have a few different twists to make these better, but they're launching with the same type of format as the other sites offering the game. They'll be some interesting things on WPN with these in the near future.

We'll all have to see how things go over time. I'm sure CEO will have a keen eye on the economy and make the best decisions.
WPN Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #21
Chazley
old hand
 
Chazley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: @chazley
Posts: 1,666
Re: Jackpot Poker!

I really don't understand the hate ITT... fish are going to love these. Stars has been very successful with these and I think they will be very successful at WPN as well.
Chazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #22
lovethyneighbor
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN Rep View Post
We had a similar discussion a couple years ago on whether or not The Beast would destroy the economy
and those who said, "yes", were right, weren't they? that's why you had to make a major and fundamental change to The Beast, right?
lovethyneighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 PM   #23
Max Cut
Pooh-Bah
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Land of baseball & pie from apples
Posts: 5,977
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Shall be interesting!

How many Sit&Crush points?

Blind structure? Hopefully it will be updated from the current 3-max hypers.

Prizepool amount in the hand history for correct tracking?

GL!
Max Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #24
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,492
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Should we start the "Jackpot sngs are filled with bots" thread now.. or will it wait until after launch?
Ice_W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #25
Banned4lyfe
Sup-Bah? Pop-Bah Pooh-Bear Permanently Pooh-Bah Billy Walters Jr
 
Banned4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal ✈
Posts: 12,330
Re: Jackpot Poker!

I'm sure WPN has a security team ready to strike down on bots
Banned4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online