Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #826
Pagasses...
See my staking thread
 
Pagasses...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Covfefe
Posts: 812
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedd_e_KGB View Post
The more I play these games, the more I think that a great new concept is being wasted with such a flat payout structure. This could be so much better with a little tweaking.
this. WPN should listen to people here and do some changes. This games have huge potential but not the way they are rn.
Pagasses... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:33 AM   #827
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: [♥]]] [♦]]] [♣]]]
Posts: 781
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagasses... View Post
this. WPN should listen to people here and do some changes. This games have huge potential but not the way they are rn.
I don't think it's the payout structure alone. I mean how many ppl would really be like, meh 1st is a few dollars too low on the times I get a few green cards so I'm not gonna play.

But yeah I could definitely see it having a bit of an effect when combined with other issues, and all of the payouts probably need a review. Tbh 0 green cards should probably be flatter and pay out 3 places. 9-max playing for only 2 spots for at least half of the total games doesn't seem like the best payout structure. Besides, paying 3 spots would draw less attention from many people to the fact that particular game is paying out the lowest multiplier.
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #828
RonaldoVamos
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 624
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

I like the 2 paid thing, have to cut some money somewhere for times when it is 4+ paid. 3 paid in say $70 prize when its $11 buyin would be BAD,.
RonaldoVamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #829
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 985
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

There are regs not loading the SNG 2.0s due to the lack of HUDs, they just default to loading normal sngs. Some might see this as a good thing but right now having those players missing really hurts the volume in $10s+
Thrash370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #830
Pagasses...
See my staking thread
 
Pagasses...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Covfefe
Posts: 812
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash370 View Post
There are regs not loading the SNG 2.0s due to the lack of HUDs, they just default to loading normal sngs. Some might see this as a good thing but right now having those players missing really hurts the volume in $10s+
Tbh i think one of the main reasons regs avoid this is cause the software is crap. Its true, lets not try to defend what dont have defence. If you want to multi table you almost can see the betting ammounts, the font and sizing are terrible. Not having betting slider buttons its just another down. The payout structure, the fact of missing antes since the first levels. Sng2.0 its a great idea but the final product cant be this. If iam the ceo you are not launching this game with so many flaws.
Pagasses... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #831
Sil3ntness
adept
 
Sil3ntness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Help with this hand... fold pre!
Posts: 1,064
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagasses... View Post
Tbh i think one of the main reasons regs avoid this is cause the software is crap. Its true, lets not try to defend what dont have defence. If you want to multi table you almost can see the betting ammounts, the font and sizing are terrible. Not having betting slider buttons its just another down. The payout structure, the fact of missing antes since the first levels. Sng2.0 its a great idea but the final product cant be this. If iam the ceo you are not launching this game with so many flaws.
^^^

Also I would prefer having my HUD.
Sil3ntness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:05 AM   #832
yellowfever
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: backinstates
Posts: 3,750
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash370 View Post
There are regs not loading the SNG 2.0s due to the lack of HUDs, they just default to loading normal sngs. Some might see this as a good thing but right now having those players missing really hurts the volume in $10s+
LOL at any bad reg who wont load a game because they cant use their hud when nobody is using a hud.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:10 AM   #833
Sil3ntness
adept
 
Sil3ntness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Help with this hand... fold pre!
Posts: 1,064
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
LOL at any bad reg who wont load a game because they cant use their hud when nobody is using a hud.
Nobody is using a HUD, but wouldn't it be nice to use your HUD if others don't possess one?
---
Also will anyone join these $25 SNG 2.0s? I'm tilted playing cash games losing 80/20s for 100+ BBs (allin pre) over and over at the moment.
Sil3ntness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #834
Knuckle Puck
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash370 View Post
There are regs not loading the SNG 2.0s due to the lack of HUDs, they just default to loading normal sngs. Some might see this as a good thing but right now having those players missing really hurts the volume in $10s+
I played around with this last night at the $10s. Just comparing normal SNGs to the 2.0s.

About half the regs were playing both (maybe 2 out of the average 4 regs per table). But the other 5 non-regs weren't. And then on top of that, the normal SNGs were filling slightly faster (maybe 1.5:1).

So there's definitely a traffic split, but it doesn't seem significantly tied to the subset of regs who won't play (at least at the $10s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
LOL at any bad reg who wont load a game because they cant use their hud when nobody is using a hud.
When I first started playing the 2.0s I was disappointed there was no HUD. But then as I got rolling, it didn't matter. A very tiny amount of notes/color coding has worked well enough that the vast majority of decisions I make wouldn't change.
Knuckle Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #835
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 985
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
LOL at any bad reg who wont load a game because they cant use their hud when nobody is using a hud.
You say that but a lot of sng regs are 20+ tabling. I know I do when I play sngs, I still play sng 2.0 because they're really really soft but it puts me at a disadvantage when everyone else isn't doing the same.

Whether you think it's dumb or not it's hurting the liquidity some so LOL at your response.
Thrash370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #836
Sil3ntness
adept
 
Sil3ntness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Help with this hand... fold pre!
Posts: 1,064
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

I have never seen a $25 JP SNG 2.0 run.

Do they exist or am I wasting my time in the queue?
Sil3ntness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #837
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 985
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil3ntness View Post
I have never seen a $25 JP SNG 2.0 run.

Do they exist or am I wasting my time in the queue?
They popped with crazy frequency when sng 2.0 first started they are very infrequent now.
Thrash370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #838
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,524
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

just got this, i dont know if its in reference to a JP(says JP in email) or SNG 2.0. i have played way more 2.0's lately: This email is to notify you that a refund of $10.00 has been credited to your account in reference to Jackpot Poker games that were not played. JP's are $10 and 2.0 is $11 so guess it makes sense that it's JP game. weird, no clue when this is from
p2 dog, p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #839
Knuckle Puck
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

@p2

Ditto.

-----------

Any chance of changing the "average wait" in the SnG 2.0 tab to "X of 9 players"?

It might help build momentum.

The $11s are showing a 20 minute wait right now. People see that and don't bother.
Knuckle Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #840
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 985
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle Puck View Post
@p2


Any chance of changing the "average wait" in the SnG 2.0 tab to "X of 9 players"?

It might help build momentum.

The $11s are showing a 20 minute wait right now. People see that and don't bother.
big +1
Thrash370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #841
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Land of baseball & pie from apples
Posts: 6,709
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

^ good idea
Max Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #842
Thrash370
See my staking thread
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twitching
Posts: 985
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

i'm loading the $27s today already got one to go let's get some more going boys
Thrash370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #843
yellowfever
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: backinstates
Posts: 3,750
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash370 View Post
You say that but a lot of sng regs are 20+ tabling. I know I do when I play sngs, I still play sng 2.0 because they're really really soft but it puts me at a disadvantage when everyone else isn't doing the same.

Whether you think it's dumb or not it's hurting the liquidity some so LOL at your response.
I'm 20-30 tabling and playing multiple sites but i can read positions, betsizes, and boards better then the bad reg and rec alike.I use a hud but think its funny some bad regs cant play a even game without them. Cant play a soft game cause they dont have a hud lolbadregs.

Last edited by yellowfever; 04-22-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: learn GTO bad regs lollllllll
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 AM   #844
istack_u5
grinder
 
istack_u5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in an igloo
Posts: 614
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil3ntness View Post

Also I would prefer having my HUD.
I can see how having HUDS would increase traffic, and not having them ensures a more balanced playing field between everybody. They have mentioned that keeping them HUDless was because of mobile app, which is fine by me as I think it shouldnt effect ones game that badly.

Noting that traffic is now lower since inception, is there any chance that 6max or 9max hyper games could be implemented and have more traffic instead of these? The quickness of the games might make people play more often as avg game time would drop 3-4x. Just a thought. Dont know if its worth it, but if the traffic for the hypers is higher on the site than turbos; then maybe they should be hypers?
istack_u5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #845
Knuckle Puck
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by istack_u5 View Post
Noting that traffic is now lower since inception, is there any chance that 6max or 9max hyper games could be implemented and have more traffic instead of these?
Abandon after 1 month of great success?

If people want hypers they can play them.

The entire premise of SNG 2.0s was to reinvent the standard format. It worked. Overall traffic and interest has surged

In the midst of all of us lobbing criticisms and suggestions and whatnot, the success of it cannot be forgotten.

WPN did a really good job. They have something with these. There just needs to be a few tweaks, tests, and research so the $11s+ are healthier.

Getting rid of that "average time" game killer would be a good start.
Knuckle Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #846
misk
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 186
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Hit a $1,575 jackpot in a $5.50 this morning. That was cool -- the first jackpot I've seen. And I won it for $409, so that was cool also!
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #847
kyang314
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 141
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

The payout structure really needs some work. As more black cards are drawn we need more added to the top prize instead of more spots playing out.
kyang314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #848
zoogenhiem
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 768
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Suggestions to increase liquidity:
6max games
Faster structure (antes from the start, skip the first level, no repeated levels)
zoogenhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #849
timhardawyhatesu
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,634
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle Puck View Post
Abandon after 1 month of great success?



Getting rid of that "average time" game killer would be a good start.
This needs to happen imo. Theres no point esp when they are not even close to accurate. Just regged for 6 $11's said avg wait time 19 minutes. 2 hrs and 45 min later 2 had popped up.
timhardawyhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #850
bber45
centurion
 
bber45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 123
Re: ACR new SNG 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by misk View Post
Hit a $1,575 jackpot in a $5.50 this morning. That was cool -- the first jackpot I've seen. And I won it for $409, so that was cool also!
Nice! way to go misk! Lucky I wasn't there to take you out :P
bber45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online