Forum Sticky - Welcome to Poker Headlines. Please read before posting.
Much thanks to Sgt RJ for writing this up
Welcome to Poker Headlines, the home for serious poker news.
The purpose of this forum is to provide individuals who wish to read and discuss the news of the poker world in a civil and courteous fashion an opportunity to do so.
This forum is split from the News, Views, and Gossip (NVG) forum due to an interest in having a home for serious news/discussion without having to cull through the general noise of NVG. As such, this forum has much stricter rules for posting, and much less tolerance for breaking those rules.
Please read and heed these simple Poker Headlines rules:
1) All posts must add something substantial to the conversation. Memes, one-liner jokes, random You-Tube links, Picard face palms, spam, and pretty much all forms of shenanigans and tomfoolery are not allowed.
- This includes simply posting "+1". If you agree with another poster, take the time to say so, and what you agree with. While "Poster X summarized my thoughts on this subject more eloquently than I ever could, and I agree with him/her completely" obviously takes more time to type than "+1", the former (or similar) is the expected way for you to express your agreement with nothing more to add in this forum.
- This also includes random back and forth between posters about something that has nothing to do with the news being discussed. If you want to comment on a posters new avatar, or ask something personal, take it to PMs.
2) Insults of any kind are not allowed. If you lack the ability to disagree with another poster without using words such as "retard", "moron", "idiot", "NVGtard", or basically any adjective that disparages another's intelligence, appearance, or motivations, then this forum is not for you. Differences of opinion should be discussed politely or not at all. This includes using another posters overall post count or post count in a specific thread to question their intelligence/motivation.
3) Threads should be "serious" news. Threads about who is dating whom in the poker world, or who just had a child, or who won what event, are more appropriate to NVG. If the story you want to discuss is the equivalent of a "People" magazine article or an E! segment, it belongs in NVG. If it is the equivalent of a national news story or a Wall Street Journal article, then it belongs here.
4) Threads should be started for something new only. Please use the search function prior to starting a thread; if this news or topic has already been discussed and the thread is still open, bump the old thread rather than start a new one.
5) Please title threads appropriately. Someone should be able to read the title and know the basics of what is being discussed in the thread.
6) Reposting of deleted material is not allowed. If your thread/post as been deleted, please follow the appropriate procedures (detailed below).
7) Discussion of moderator actions within the forum is not allowed. Please follow appropriate procedures (detailed below) if you believe there is a serious issue with the moderating in the forum; don't start a thread about it in Poker Headlines!
8) All site wide rules and policies apply. These include:
- Do not evade the profanity filter. Type out all of your words in full and allow the filter to do its job.
- No discussion of how to conduct illegal activity
- No discussion of using VPNs
- No racist, sexist, or homophobic comments or slurs
- No threats of violence or suggestions that another poster perpetrate violence on themselves or anyone else
If you have a question about any of the above rules, please PM a forum moderator with your question or concerns.
As previously stated, this forum will be much more strictly moderated than NVG, with a zero tolerance policy for zero/low content posting and insults. At a minimum, you should expect the following infractions to apply for violating the posting guidelines for this forum:
1st offense - warning
2nd offense - 10 point infraction
3rd offense - 20 point infraction/one day temp ban
4th offense - 40 point infraction/three day temp ban
5th offense - 80 point infraction/permanent ban
While these infraction guidelines will not be applied rigidly in all circumstances, expect infractions of this type for repeated posting violations. Moderators reserve the right to change these infraction guidelines to meet unique circumstances.
Moderators reserve the right to deny access to posters who cause trouble in other forums on the site, and to revoke permission for serious violations of Poker Headlines forum rules.
Finally, procedures to follow if:
1) Your thread/post is deleted: PM a forum moderator to discuss the issue. Immediate re-posting of something deleted is against forum rules. If in doubt, ask! If, after discussing the issue with a forum mod, you believe that your thread/post should still be allowed, you may start an ATF thread for further discussion.
2) You disagree with moderator decision/actions: PM the specific moderator whose decision/actions you disagree with in order to discuss the issue. If this discussion is not fruitful, you may either start an ATF thread or PM the orange or blue moderator assigned to this forum.
Again, welcome to Poker Headlines!
Last edited by SGT RJ; 12-14-2011 at 10:06 AM.