M&B Posting Guidelines v1.1
Welcome to the Mortar and Brick Forum (“M&B”) at 2+2. We take a liberal view on acceptable topics in M&B as long as the topic is related to brick and mortar card rooms and the discussion remains socially acceptable.
Additionally, the following specific guidelines apply:
- No-content posting: No-content posting is not permitted. Please make sure that your posts contribute positively. Please keep +1 and other "Me too!" type posting to a minimum. Short, concise posts are permitted as long as they advance the discussion or close out thoughts.
- Image and other NSFW posting: This is not an image board. Keep your lolcats and failblog images to yourself. If you are posting an image, make sure that it is work-safe and appropriate to the topic at hand. Spoiler tags are for actual spoilers, not to hide NSFW material.
- Profanity filter: 2+2 has a profanity filter built into its software. Please do not self-censor or otherwise attempt to dodge that filter; simply type expletives as you would normally and let the filter do its work.
- Unlawful activities: Posts about breaking the law are not permitted. Posts regarding underage gambling or "cheating" in poker will not be permitted.
- Discussion of less-traditional card rooms are to be discussed in theory only, and in the Raked Club Game Poker thread.
- Trolling: Trolling is not permitted. Do not tease, taunt, or otherwise purposefully annoy other posters.
- New threads: Before making a new thread, use the search function. It is preferable to bump an old on-topic thread than start a new thread if your subject is not original. Also, before making a new thread, be certain that there is no forum that is more appropriate for your subject. Finally, please check to see if a CONTAINMENT thread exists (see below). If you need guidance on this issue, please send a private message to a moderator. Finally, please make the title of your thread substantive and descriptive.
- Card room employees: Card room employees must become authorized representatives before posting information on their place of employment. Please contact Two Plus Two Advertising for more information.
- Privacy of non-famous players and card room employees: Do not post the names of non-celebrity players. Even though poker games happen in public, these players do have some expectation of privacy. Do not post reviews or information about named casino employees. Badge-wearing, customer-facing employees may be mentioned by name only when providing information or directions.
- Containment: Discussion of the following topics are limited to the linked containment threads:
- Containment Thread: Raked Club Game Poker
- Moderation Discussion Thread