Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Live Casino Poker > Poker Venues

Notices

Poker Venues Discussion of live, legal poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #176
centurion
 
JTCelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 121
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

are any structures for the events at the end of July going to be posted?
JTCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #177
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

For the Esfandiari events? We hadn't planned on it but I'll see if I can get the info tomorrow and post. They will be pretty standard Playground structures, no big surprises if you've ever played an event there before.

For the $550 the starting stack is 25K and blinds are 30 minutes and the structure looks like this:

Level SB BB A
Level 1 50 100 0
Level 2 75 150 0
Level 3 75 150 25
Level 4 100 200 25
Level 5 150 300 50
Level 6 200 400 50
Level 7 250 500 75
Level 8 300 600 75
Level 9 400 800 100
Level 10 500 1,000 100
Level 11 600 1,200 200
Level 12 800 1,600 200
Level 13 1,000 2,000 300
Level 14 1,200 2,400 400
Level 15 1,500 3,000 500
Level 16 2,000 4,000 500
Level 17 2,500 5,000 500
Level 18 3,000 6,000 1,000
Level 19 4,000 8,000 1,000
Level 20 5,000 10,000 1,000
Level 21 6,000 12,000 2,000
Level 22 8,000 16,000 2,000
Level 23 10,000 20,000 3,000
Level 24 12,000 24,000 4,000
Level 25 15,000 30,000 5,000
Level 26 20,000 40,000 5,000
Level 27 25,000 50,000 5,000
Level 28 30,000 60,000 10,000
Level 29 40,000 80,000 10,000
Level 30 50,000 100,000 10,000
Level 31 60,000 120,000 20,000
Level 32 75,000 150,000 25,000
Level 33 100,000 200,000 25,000
Level 34 125,000 250,000 25,000
Level 35 150,000 300,000 50,000
Level 36 200,000 400,000 50,000
Level 37 250,000 500,000 50,000
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #178
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Also if you're interested we're looking at doing a 2-table satellite for the $550 this Saturday night at 7pm for $110 + $10 (plus dealer add-on). If we get 20 players that will add up to 4 seats.

I'm playing!
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #179
centurion
 
JTCelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 121
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelbyl View Post
For the Esfandiari events? We hadn't planned on it but I'll see if I can get the info tomorrow and post. They will be pretty standard Playground structures, no big surprises if you've ever played an event there before.

For the $550 the starting stack is 25K and blinds are 30 minutes and the structure looks like this:

Level SB BB A
Level 1 50 100 0
Level 2 75 150 0
Level 3 75 150 25
Level 4 100 200 25
Level 5 150 300 50
Level 6 200 400 50
Level 7 250 500 75
Level 8 300 600 75
Level 9 400 800 100
Level 10 500 1,000 100
Level 11 600 1,200 200
Level 12 800 1,600 200
Level 13 1,000 2,000 300
Level 14 1,200 2,400 400
Level 15 1,500 3,000 500
Level 16 2,000 4,000 500
Level 17 2,500 5,000 500
Level 18 3,000 6,000 1,000
Level 19 4,000 8,000 1,000
Level 20 5,000 10,000 1,000
Level 21 6,000 12,000 2,000
Level 22 8,000 16,000 2,000
Level 23 10,000 20,000 3,000
Level 24 12,000 24,000 4,000
Level 25 15,000 30,000 5,000
Level 26 20,000 40,000 5,000
Level 27 25,000 50,000 5,000
Level 28 30,000 60,000 10,000
Level 29 40,000 80,000 10,000
Level 30 50,000 100,000 10,000
Level 31 60,000 120,000 20,000
Level 32 75,000 150,000 25,000
Level 33 100,000 200,000 25,000
Level 34 125,000 250,000 25,000
Level 35 150,000 300,000 50,000
Level 36 200,000 400,000 50,000
Level 37 250,000 500,000 50,000
Thanks
JTCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #181
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
The first Survivor event is underway and there are well over 160 players so this mini-festival is shaping up to be a lot of fun with some interesting prize pools available.

Tomorrow is the one conventional event of the weekend - a $500 + $50 re-entry (6 levels to re-enter).
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #182
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,481
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Anyone knows the rake situation for the 2/5, 5/5 & 5/T there nowadays? Cant seem to find updated info anywhere
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #183
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 854
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
Anyone knows the rake situation for the 2/5, 5/5 & 5/T there nowadays? Cant seem to find updated info anywhere
5% capped at 14$. 1$ bbj drop.
josephthepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #184
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,481
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

The same for all 3 games? Thanks!
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #185
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 854
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
The same for all 3 games? Thanks!
yeah 1/2 is 8+1$ 10%

and the "high stakes games" have much higher rake
josephthepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #186
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,937
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephthepimp View Post
yeah 1/2 is 8+1$ 10%

and the "high stakes games" have much higher rake
What do you mean by 8+1$ 10% ?
uberkuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #187
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 854
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberkuber View Post
What do you mean by 8+1$ 10% ?
200nl 1/2 blinds has a rake of 10% capped at 8$. 1$ taken out every 10$ in the pot. There is also a 1$ bbj drop.
josephthepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #188
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,937
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Ah I see, the +1 is for the bbj.

Thanks mate.
uberkuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #189
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 139
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Does anyone have any advice on converting money? The banks I've talked to sell CAD at 1.10-1.12 and then sell back you USD at .81-.82... I'm trying not to lose so 6-9% on my money and will only be up playing for a week...
noverbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #190
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

During the last big event we held a lot of players had a good experience with a big retail exchange place downtown on Peel at St-Catherine.

If you search on Google for: retail foreign exchange montreal peel st-catherine

You will find the place.
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #191
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 215
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

what is the avg turnout for they're reg scheduled tourneys?
DemGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #192
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemGunz View Post
what is the avg turnout for they're reg scheduled tourneys?

Obviously it depends on the tourney. Daytime tourneys on weekdays range between 35-55 players - sometimes more on Thursday and Friday. The >$100 nightly tourney usually gets anywhere from 90 to as high as 180 for the bounty on Friday night.

The guarantees on the tourneys are a pretty good indicator of how many are expected - though the guar is surpassed most of the time, sometimes by quite a bit.
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #193
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 215
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Is there any upcoming events in April/May time?
DemGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #194
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

There's nothing announced for the moment, DemGunz.
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #195
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Hey, can anyone tell me how Playground compares to the Casino de Montreal skill-wise? Specifically 1/2 nl, I would assume there are more regs/competent players than at the Casino?
unheeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #196
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Unheeding - it's really hard to say. To some extent there is overlap between the regs, so it's not that different. At the same time, the Cas does tend to have more "rocks" among their regs who don't make it out here to Playground very often.
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #197
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 70
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noverbs View Post
Does anyone have any advice on converting money? The banks I've talked to sell CAD at 1.10-1.12 and then sell back you USD at .81-.82... I'm trying not to lose so 6-9% on my money and will only be up playing for a week...


I'm wondering the same thing. I'm going to be in Montreal for a couple of weeks for work and will be wanting to play but don't want to lose money in just conversions. Any way around it?
Ross11988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #198
Playground Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,269
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

We'll do a conversion for you here at Playground but - fair warning - going to a dedicated currency exchange shop is probably the best idea - better rates.

We can't recommend any place in specific but I have heard that the retail outfit on Peel near Ste-Catherine is pretty good in terms of rates.
mikelbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #199
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 70
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

^^^
Thank you sir. Hopefully my company will be sending me to Montreal next month. The last year I haven't had a good place to play poker
Ross11988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 PM   #200
journeyman
 
Marc Desjardins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 311
Re: Playground Poker Club (Kahnawake, QC)

Thinking of playing the 70$ noon deepstack turbo, any thoughts?

Is there some value or it's mostly just bingo because of blinds moving up so fast?
Marc Desjardins is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online