Originally Posted by FISHCAKES
What's the word on nice accommodations fairly close to the room? I have some friends heading your way for a bachelor party and I'm invited so I'm thinking of staying an extra week to come donate some money at your PLO tables and try and get rejected by 10+ waitresses. A few questions if anyone feels like answering please:
1. the accommodation thing? Something comparable to a W or The Borgata with decent room service etc
2. Should I rent a car or take taxis to & from card room?
3. Does Omaha get off daily? If so what stakes?
4. never been to the city, I hear nothing but great things about the restaurants, nightlife & women. Are they all true?
Since no one else is answering I'll try my best here but am not from Montreal, but I visit often since I'm 90 min away.
1) Only stayed once, we stayed at the Hilton downtown, very nice hotel with pool, garden looking area, very nice overall
2) I'm pretty sure if you want to play only at the Playground forget taxi or car. They have a shuttle service and will pick you up downtown anytime you want.
3) Can't answer this, only played here a few times. When I have it was Friday nights and they had high stakes PLO going, 10/25 and higher
4) Simple answer, YES to all.