Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar > Poker Venues

Notices

Poker Venues Discussion of live, legal poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #1216
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 251
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Great structure, plenty of poker the average chipstack 211k will be 35bb (43 players left).

Only complaint @ 12:30 in the morning after 13.5 hours of play the color up!
I mean really, at this point in time with all the big tournaments they have at the PBKC not to have enough chips for day 1B! Granted I was the last person for the floor to get to but at that hour and with an hour drive ahead of me who needs to waste the 15 minutes it took!
Bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #1217
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 251
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

One other thing was the way in which this was done. Ok you need the chips. There is no reason that during the last 30 minutes of play someone couldn't come around with the 25K chips coloring us up. Doing it person by person is just insane especially if it was a larger field!
Bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #1218
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoFla
Posts: 633
Same issue before dinner break. Completely incompetent floor ppl, esp one very rude woman. With a short dinner break u think they would be flexible and start the color up w. 5 min left in the level. Nope
NeVerMuK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1219
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 251
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeVerMuK View Post
Same issue before dinner break. Completely incompetent floor ppl, esp one very rude woman. With a short dinner break u think they would be flexible and start the color up w. 5 min left in the level. Nope
I don't have a problem with colorup done during the break. Esp when they have one person buying up the chips. What I don't understand is why the floor has to be there for the race offs.

Other then that I thought the floor did a great job
Bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #1220
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 266
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Does anyone know where I can find the results of the $555 main event that ended?
Flash Dancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #1221
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 154
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Dancers View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the results of the $555 main event that ended?
thehendonmob.com they have all the results just type in a player that u know that cashed there and then u can pull up the whole the series.
ProtekYoNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #1222
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 23
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Anybody know if the Sunday Sit N Go's have been doing, well? If so, how does the "Last Longer" system work?
primalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #1223
old hand
 
Freefalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 1,606
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

This was my latest experience at PBKC:
I am walking in to the poker room and the guy who mans the $1 collection booth stops me to collect the $1. I have a players card, but didn't have it on me. Usually when I forget to bring my players card I'll just ignore the guy and walk fast or I'll flash my hotel key or AAA card and it's yet to be a problem. I tell the guy that I have a players card but I don't have it on me. The guy says "Well, if you don't have it on you, then it's $1 to get in". Obviously this is ridiculous, I'm going to play 5/10 in the pit where I'll be paying $14/hr in rake. I only have hundreds on me and I'm not going to break a $100 bill to get $99 in change back. I tell him "Well, that's ridiculous, I have a players card I just don't have it on me today, I'm not going to pay $1 to get in". He comes out of his booth to show me some piece of paper that says 'you must have a players card to get in NO EXCEPTIONS!!!' and says "You see here where it says no exceptions?" I say "Okay, well you'll have to talk to somebody about it because I'm not going to pay $1 to get in" and I proceed to walk towards the poker room. He literally grabs my arm to prevent me from walking towards the poker room and says "You'll have to wait here for security". He goes back in his booth to call security and at this point I try to call Willie but I have trouble finding his number in my phone. The guy gets off the phone with security and tells me the head of security is going to give me a one time comp, but next time... and he keeps talking but I just walk away in to the poker room.

The guy was totally rude and out of line to me. I come down to play here every few months, but I'll just start going to The Isle instead if I'm going to be harassed over $1.

Last edited by Freefalling; 06-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Freefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #1224
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post

The guy was totally rude and out of line to me. I come down to play here every few months, but I'll just start going to The Isle instead if I'm going to be harassed over $1.
I had the same experience twice and now only play Isles and Hard Rock as a result. I could care less about the buck. It's the principle.
TheMightyKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1225
Pooh-Bah
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,259
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

The principle is that you have your card on you. The guard is doing his JOB. You two are the crybabies over a 1$. If you do not like do not play there.
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #1226
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 473
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
This was my latest experience at PBKC:
I am walking in to the poker room and the guy who mans the $1 collection booth stops me to collect the $1. I have a players card, but didn't have it on me. Usually when I forget to bring my players card I'll just ignore the guy and walk fast or I'll flash my hotel key or AAA card and it's yet to be a problem. I tell the guy that I have a players card but I don't have it on me. The guy says "Well, if you don't have it on you, then it's $1 to get in". Obviously this is ridiculous, I'm going to play 5/10 in the pit where I'll be paying $14/hr in rake. I only have hundreds on me and I'm not going to break a $100 bill to get $99 in change back. I tell him "Well, that's ridiculous, I have a players card I just don't have it on me today, I'm not going to pay $1 to get in". He comes out of his booth to show me some piece of paper that says 'you must have a players card to get in NO EXCEPTIONS!!!' and says "You see here where it says no exceptions?" I say "Okay, well you'll have to talk to somebody about it because I'm not going to pay $1 to get in" and I proceed to walk towards the poker room. He literally grabs my arm to prevent me from walking towards the poker room and says "You'll have to wait here for security". He goes back in his booth to call security and at this point I try to call Willie but I have trouble finding his number in my phone. The guy gets off the phone with security and tells me the head of security is going to give me a one time comp, but next time... and he keeps talking but I just walk away in to the poker room.

The guy was totally rude and out of line to me. I come down to play here every few months, but I'll just start going to The Isle instead if I'm going to be harassed over $1.
Seems like your the rude one imo.
kevko_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #1227
old hand
 
bsheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Doin you a favor bro
Posts: 1,440
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro View Post
The principle is that you have your card on you. The guard is doing his JOB. You two are the crybabies over a 1$. If you do not like do not play there.
So if someone is vacationing in Florida and is only going to play one time they have to sign up for a card or pay $1? Hope they like getting paid in pennies.
bsheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #1228
Pooh-Bah
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,433
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheck View Post
So if someone is vacationing in Florida and is only going to play one time they have to sign up for a card or pay $1? Hope they like getting paid in pennies.
Well, you would have to pay $1 to get in and then get a card for free entry on future visits and thats only if you knew about the card.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #1229
old hand
 
Freefalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 1,606
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevko_2000 View Post
Seems like your the rude one imo.
I was definitely rude, but only because the guy was rude first.
Freefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #1230
veteran
 
chilidog0425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,114
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach, FL)

Played at pbkc a couple times last week when I was in town for work. My main impression was that the games were good and the room was pretty well run. I played NL which had good action , but then joined the plo8 game that was starting. Wow - It was an amazing game. In a straddled ($10) pot, I potted to $80 after several limpers with AA24ss and got called by QT65r (with $90 more behind!!!!) on the button and a high only hand. Obv he gets rewarded for playing that shizz after the 665 flop and of course I can't make a low or draw out on the high. He scooped me again later when he played a big pot with the monster K743ss and flopped no high and a crappy low draw and went runner runner straight with all the money in on the flop. My point is that it was a great game!
chilidog0425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive