Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Poker Venues Discussion of live, legal poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #51
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,401
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Live Action,

We plan on spreading this game. What blinds could you see going on a
regular basis?

We want to spread the level that would consistantly go, ovbiously.

Take care.
PLO is a huge action game, so you do not need high blinds, we have a 1-3-5 PLO game that has a max buy inn of $1000, and on the weekends the average stack can be anywhere from 2k to 5k easily, this game should run with no problem if it is popular, but the thing is that PLO is very popular in the midwest, I do not know how well it will go over in South Florida.
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #52
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,384
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
We are doing time in the larger games. 5-10 may be the cutoff.

No jackpot rake in larger games also.

Take care.
The only time it is easier to do a time rake is when no reds are in play, so if the game is a 20/40 game with $10 chips then it would be reasonable to have a time rake. or a 10/25 NL game, this game will play slower, plus they may also want to run it 2 or 3 times so this is a good time charge game. The 5/10 NL game will play a little faster if the BBJ isn't eligible, no need for as many fills,then you are just pulling 1 red off a hand, 99% of the hands are going to be over the $46 anyway.

BTW, still waiting on confirmation about the rumor of 441 and Palmetto.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #53
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro View Post
PLO is a huge action game, so you do not need high blinds, we have a 1-3-5 PLO game that has a max buy inn of $1000, and on the weekends the average stack can be anywhere from 2k to 5k easily, this game should run with no problem if it is popular, but the thing is that PLO is very popular in the midwest, I do not know how well it will go over in South Florida.
LiveAction,

Is this game local to West Palm Beach. If so, we would just duplicate the set-up of the game so the players will have an easy transition.

If not, we had them set at 2-5.

I do like the 3 blind set-up, but the players seem to shy against it during our discussions.

Take care,

Noah
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #54
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,401
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
LiveAction,

Is this game local to West Palm Beach. If so, we would just duplicate the set-up of the game so the players will have an easy transition.

If not, we had them set at 2-5.

I do like the 3 blind set-up, but the players seem to shy against it during our discussions.

Take care,

Noah
2-5 is Just as good! This game should have no problem taking off on the weekends! Just curious how is the action in South florida since a lot of people retreat back north?
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #55
BobbyFL
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 23
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro View Post
PLease got a PLO game going on a regular basis
+1

North County makes the most sense for 2nd location. Too much competition down south & a Jupiter/PBG location draws Martin County players currently going to Ft. Pierce.
BobbyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #56
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro View Post
2-5 is Just as good! This game should have no problem taking off on the weekends! Just curious how is the action in South florida since a lot of people retreat back north?
Falls off about 25% during the off season.

We usually spread between 15-20 games during the week. 25 or so on the weekends.

The action during the season this year will be a sight to see.

Take care.
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #57
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
.

BTW, still waiting on confirmation about the rumor of 441 and Palmetto.
Strictly a rumor.

Honestly, a location has not been picked.

However, we are very excited about being able to set a room up from scratch!

Take care.
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #58
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,384
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Strictly a rumor.

Honestly, a location has not been picked.

However, we are very excited about being able to set a room up from scratch!

Take care.
Good I didn't like that location anyway, I hope you're not bluffing me

Still want to stop by to see you, last time you were off, didn't you ever hear
"There is no time off in management!"
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #59
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
Good I didn't like that location anyway, I hope you're not bluffing me

Still want to stop by to see you, last time you were off, didn't you ever hear
"There is no time off in management!"
Lunch is on me gambit

And a free beer for all anyone who refers to this thread when they stop by!
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #60
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,384
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Lunch is on me gambit

And a free beer for all anyone who refers to this thread when they stop by!
Deal,

Did they get the new chips yet? Any different denominations like $10 and $20 chips for higher limit games.

Last edited by Rapini; 05-25-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #61
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,424
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

When the new games start, are you getting rid of the $2 button post? Still $2 min. Rake?
been awhile since I was there. I think thats what it was on 1/2nl when I was there.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #62
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
Deal,

Did they get the new chips yet? Any different denominations like $10 and $20 chips for higher limit games.
We have the $100's in. Waiting on the $1,000's.

I know. The question is, why $1,000's? It's due to the state not allowing cash to play. If a huge game breaks out we have to be prepared.

Take care.
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #63
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

News: The state has listed the approved card games. This can be amended at any time if a room presents a game that falls within the regulations.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...CardGames.html

We will be posting our full list of games and limits one week from today!!

Stay tuned.
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #64
mlborder
old hand
 
mlborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Best Bet Jacksonville
Posts: 1,529
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckyuraces View Post
Do any PBKC degens remember when the Ashman was grinding 1-2 and looked like a spewy raptor i stacked for 2 bi's before he went to chalenge someone hu
YEah he stacked me about 3 weeks ago at the Hard Rock 2-5 for about 60BB's after shoving flop on Gutshot straight draw which I snapped off.
mlborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 AM   #65
mlborder
old hand
 
mlborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Best Bet Jacksonville
Posts: 1,529
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Why can't I win there? IS it Rigged? Kidding.

Anyways I would like to state that I am a big fan of the Kennel Club, and spent alot of time there before moving to Miami-Dade county last yr from Jupiter. You had some very strong dealers, but at least 3-5 that were worse than anywhere I've ever played and I've played in alot of live venues, both home and public.

My question is do you ever get rid of dealers that don't break rules, but just for being bad at dealing in general? I mean it's cold, but this is a big business and these types of dealers can easily drive guests to another gambling location even after as little as one awful 30 min stretch of listening to the dealer talk and simultaneously deal 5 hands in this time period.
mlborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #66
Call_Me_Daddy
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFL View Post
+1

North County makes the most sense for 2nd location. Too much competition down south & a Jupiter/PBG location draws Martin County players currently going to Ft. Pierce.
+1000000 on North County. I'll justify that suggestion by referring to decreased competition, but in reality it's mostly for my own selfish reasons.

Questions for Noah:
(1) Do you know what the timed rake would be per hour at a 5/10 game (or higher)?
(2) Why don't you guys ever consider spreading a 5/10 $5 ante game (both before and after the law change)? I asked about it a couple of weeks back and was told it had been tried but there was no support for it. I CAN'T IMAGINE on a day with 6 5/10 games running that there wouldn't be a table's worth of interest for $5 ante. Very juicy games down at the Isle and HR makes me make the MUCH LONGER drive sometimes down there than the KC.
(3) Overall, can you work with the other floors/managers to become a little more friendly to player requests? Around a month back there was a juicy 5/10 game going in the back which the players requested to convert to a 5/10/20 game and were flat out told no.

As I posted in the other thread, I've been impressed so far by the changes the PBKC is considering for the upcoming law change. Also very impressed by the amount of player input you guys have been seeking as of late. Very refreshing change of pace. Thanks Noah!
Call_Me_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #67
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_Me_Daddy View Post
+1000000 on North County. I'll justify that suggestion by referring to decreased competition, but in reality it's mostly for my own selfish reasons.

Questions for Noah:
(1) Do you know what the timed rake would be per hour at a 5/10 game (or higher)?
(2) Why don't you guys ever consider spreading a 5/10 $5 ante game (both before and after the law change)? I asked about it a couple of weeks back and was told it had been tried but there was no support for it. I CAN'T IMAGINE on a day with 6 5/10 games running that there wouldn't be a table's worth of interest for $5 ante. Very juicy games down at the Isle and HR makes me make the MUCH LONGER drive sometimes down there than the KC.
(3) Overall, can you work with the other floors/managers to become a little more friendly to player requests? Around a month back there was a juicy 5/10 game going in the back which the players requested to convert to a 5/10/20 game and were flat out told no.

As I posted in the other thread, I've been impressed so far by the changes the PBKC is considering for the upcoming law change. Also very impressed by the amount of player input you guys have been seeking as of late. Very refreshing change of pace. Thanks Noah!
The way the supervisors are supposed to think is the following: It is the players game. We just provide the game for them. If they want to do something that doesn't break the law or compromise the integrity of the game then we should be accomidating.

They did not make that adjustment because they had believed it was a law. I allowed that game yesterday because I understand it is legal. The game will be allowed from here on in.

We should probably do a $5-$10 ante game. However, it is a little peculiar, and I hate to discredit Florida poker by making a game that doesn't play even close to correct. If we didn't have the changes coming up, I would make a move immediately. But, i belive the changes we are gonna have July 1st will help to relieve some of the gamble players have.

We will have 2 versions of $5-$10. The bigger game will be timed. I don't have the numbers here in front of me at home, but I will look at it tommorrow when I get to the office.

Thanks for the input. It makes me better at my job.

Take care.
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #68
wilherrera
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 230
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
...at home, but I will look at it tomorrow when I get to the office.
What? I'm the only one at work???

Wil
wilherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #69
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilherrera View Post
What? I'm the only one at work???

Wil
You have no seniority at your facility. If you would just stay put.....
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #70
Call_Me_Daddy
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
The way the supervisors are supposed to think is the following: It is the players game. We just provide the game for them. If they want to do something that doesn't break the law or compromise the integrity of the game then we should be accomidating.

They did not make that adjustment because they had believed it was a law. I allowed that game yesterday because I understand it is legal. The game will be allowed from here on in.

We should probably do a $5-$10 ante game. However, it is a little peculiar, and I hate to discredit Florida poker by making a game that doesn't play even close to correct. If we didn't have the changes coming up, I would make a move immediately. But, i belive the changes we are gonna have July 1st will help to relieve some of the gamble players have.

We will have 2 versions of $5-$10. The bigger game will be timed. I don't have the numbers here in front of me at home, but I will look at it tommorrow when I get to the office.

Thanks for the input. It makes me better at my job.

Take care.
Thanks for the quick response Noah. Glad to hear you guys allowed the 5/10/20 game a bit later on, just sad I missed that one.
Call_Me_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #71
Brookln300
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlborder View Post
Why can't I win there? IS it Rigged? Kidding.

Anyways I would like to state that I am a big fan of the Kennel Club, and spent alot of time there before moving to Miami-Dade county last yr from Jupiter. You had some very strong dealers, but at least 3-5 that were worse than anywhere I've ever played and I've played in alot of live venues, both home and public.

My question is do you ever get rid of dealers that don't break rules, but just for being bad at dealing in general? I mean it's cold, but this is a big business and these types of dealers can easily drive guests to another gambling location even after as little as one awful 30 min stretch of listening to the dealer talk and simultaneously deal 5 hands in this time period.
mlborder - where do you frequent down here? I live in Sooouthh Miami, wish there was something close! Other than Flagler/Magic City
Brookln300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #72
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,384
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookln300 View Post
mlborder - where do you frequent down here? I live in Sooouthh Miami, wish there was something close! Other than Flagler/Magic City
Miami Jai Alai is in a big remodel right now, Calder isn't far from you, right off the turnpike.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #73
BarrySanders
veteran
 
BarrySanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spacetime
Posts: 2,323
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Live Action,

We plan on spreading this game. What blinds could you see going on a
regular basis?

We want to spread the level that would consistantly go, ovbiously.

Take care.

PLO is an action game. I've played at PBKC for several years (back when the poker room entrance doors were on the side facing the track!) and know that a lot of people love to gamble it up there. They will enjoy the action PLO gives them. Provided, of course, that they know the rules. That includes also having the dealers adjust to the pot-limit vs no-limit betting differences.

That being said, those old ante 5 players (now the 5-10 degenerates) would welcome PLO once they get the hang of it.

1-2 PLO (100-500 buy in)
2-5 PLO (200-1000 buy in)

to start, of course. Once people fall in love (which they will) 5-10 will follow after.


Hopefully you will have cash-boxes available for players. Also perhaps have a reward system for the regs. Maybe a free meal at the paddock or something after x number of visits.

Great job with this thread. I'll be coming shortly for my free beer.
BarrySanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #74
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,384
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrySanders View Post
PLO is an action game. I've played at PBKC for several years (back when the poker room entrance doors were on the side facing the track!) and know that a lot of people love to gamble it up there. They will enjoy the action PLO gives them. Provided, of course, that they know the rules. That includes also having the dealers adjust to the pot-limit vs no-limit betting differences.

That being said, those old ante 5 players (now the 5-10 degenerates) would welcome PLO once they get the hang of it.

1-2 PLO (100-500 buy in)
2-5 PLO (200-1000 buy in)

to start, of course. Once people fall in love (which they will) 5-10 will follow after.


Hopefully you will have cash-boxes available for players. Also perhaps have a reward system for the regs. Maybe a free meal at the paddock or something after x number of visits.

Great job with this thread. I'll be coming shortly for my free beer.
The biggest problem I see with PLO is the players are not use to the swings and bankroll management, Even with 200BB PLO the stacks are not that deep for this game.

I play .50/1 online and I have had over 700 in a pot before of my money, (did get sucked out on the river to quads)

Just figure it out, say a 2/5 game, 2 limpers and the blinds next guy go pot, that is $30, the button goes pot, that is $110, call $260 in pot, turn guy opens for $130 next goes pot, that is $590, call, now the pot is $1440 next move is all in, that is just 2 players and 2 limps and the blinds. This game plays so big it is crazy. This is going to be a shove fest and a hit and run game IMO, you are never far behind pre-flop so they will come in short hoping to triple up and leave. Do not think this is rare, it happens alot.

PLO has to be the number 1 cause of insanity in poker, the swings and suck outs can drive anyone crazy
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #75
mlborder
old hand
 
mlborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Best Bet Jacksonville
Posts: 1,529
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookln300 View Post
mlborder - where do you frequent down here? I live in Sooouthh Miami, wish there was something close! Other than Flagler/Magic City
Well I lived in Sunny Isles, which is North Miami, so I sspend most of my time at Mardi Gras and Hard Rock.Yeah unfortunately South Miami is very limited in terms of Poker options, but I spend very little time there anyways sooo. Peace and GL hope to see you at the tables
mlborder is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online