Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar > Poker Venues

Notices

Poker Venues Discussion of live, legal poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #451
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by des929 View Post
Yesterday they changed the playing cards to the big face cards like they use on a blackjack game. Hate these new cards. Now when you go to look at your hand, you have to seperate your cards completely almost as if to look at them one at a time so that you can see the back card and suit. I really hope alot of the regulars complain about this and try to get the old style cards back. Dont understand why pretty much all casinos have used the same style of cards since the beginning of time and now all of a sudden, Jimmy the poker room manager has to change them. Leave crap like that alone. The WSOP doesnt use big face cards, so why should a WSOP room be using them?
We changed the cards to the bigger faced cards because we had numerous players asking for this. I was under the impression from US Playing cards that these cards would have "peepers" on them so that you would be able to jsut check the corners like you could with the old cards. I am working with them to see if we can get this issue resolved. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, but I am always looking for ways to make things better for my guests and numerous players asked for the bigger faced cards. I am sorry that you do not like them.
PokerBoss71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #452
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Anybody know how long the 7pm tourneys on Tuesday and Wednesday usually last?
Typically about 4-5 hours. Thanks
PokerBoss71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #453
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

does anyone that plays at horseshoe have a 7 star companion card they would like to sell?
rs7140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #454
journeyman
 
KingHubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 201
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

So there have been a few people in this thread complaining about the customer service at this casino. I can concur as I was treated the same way until they started seeing me every day. Now they walk me to my seat, offer to get my chips for me, etc. Then I quit going for a while and came back, there were some new people and they treated me the same way, so it appears they are getting better at treating everyone courteously though, reg or not.

However, the games are soft from 6pm-2am, sometimes during the day but mostly regs playing nit. This in itself will keep me coming back and I drive from Louisville almost every day.

If you see me there, feel free to say hi

Last edited by KingHubbard; 02-01-2012 at 12:54 AM.
KingHubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #455
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 4,608
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHubbard View Post
So there have been a few people in this thread complaining about the customer service at this casino. I can concur as I was treated the same way until they started seeing me every day. Now they walk me to my seat, offer to get my chips for me, etc. Then I quit going for a while and came back, there were some new people and they treated me the same way, so it appears they are getting better at treating everyone courteously though, reg or not.

However, the games are soft from 6pm-2am, sometimes during the day but mostly regs playing nit. This in itself will keep me coming back and I drive from Louisville almost every day.

If you see me there, feel free to say hi
I am not a reg by any means. I went 3 times a week in the first half of 2011 and maybe once a month the second half and then twice in all of 2012 (both in late December). However, ever time I've gone dealers, floor, cage people, and even drink ladies (or whatever the proper term is) have been very professional and nice. A few of the dealers probably remembered me, but even those that didn't were nice.
bahbahmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #456
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBoss71 View Post
We changed the cards to the bigger faced cards because we had numerous players asking for this. I was under the impression from US Playing cards that these cards would have "peepers" on them so that you would be able to jsut check the corners like you could with the old cards. I am working with them to see if we can get this issue resolved. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, but I am always looking for ways to make things better for my guests and numerous players asked for the bigger faced cards. I am sorry that you do not like them.
PokerBoss, Im all for the big face cards IF, you get ones with peepers like you say. To me the ideal card would be one with a big face or number on the right corners of cards and have a peeper with face and suit on left corner just like standard cards. I think everyone would be satisfied that way.
des929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #457
journeyman
 
KingHubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 201
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

So last night I played the 1-2NL game and they were doing "splash the pot" for $100 bones. I'm first to act UTG and look down and see AJ, I think about going all-in but in my position, you just never know so I called $2. Everyone calls until it gets to the button, he goes all for $215!!! SB and BB fold so it's my turn. I sit there contemplating for about 1-2 minutes and by the players history, he's got a hand, so I put him on a high pocket pair, Jack-Kings which makes the odds 25% to 75%, more or less. After counting out my chips to call... I eventually fold and beating myself up because of it. Everyone folds except for one caller who had $75, making the pot $250, that guy shows 47o lol and the player on the button shows QQ... I was right!!! Good laydown... I watch the board and here comes ATJ... I fell out of my chair! Turn and River came up 57. I couldn't believe it. I threw away a shot at a $600 pot, which is what it would've been had I called. After being on tilt for about 30 mins and freezing up, not playing anything, I go to smoke. The guy next to me comes in and explains the hand, then I explain the hand... eventually we agreed that I made the right fold, but in the heat of the moment, man it's hard when pots are juicy like that.

Do you think I made the right fold with AJ UTG and a Button all-in?
KingHubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #458
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Matt24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: married life
Posts: 7,869
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

I just shove initially, I shove so light on a splash pot. I have shoved $300 with K8s and been called by a $200 stack with JT
Matt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #459
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I am not a reg by any means. I went 3 times a week in the first half of 2011 and maybe once a month the second half and then twice in all of 2012 (both in late December). However, ever time I've gone dealers, floor, cage people, and even drink ladies (or whatever the proper term is) have been very professional and nice. A few of the dealers probably remembered me, but even those that didn't were nice.
Thank you all for your feedback about our customer service. We are putting a lot of effort into making sure that we are offering great guest service to everyone and really trying to get that stigma of being rude off of our backs. Thanks for the feedback again!
PokerBoss71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #460
newbie
 
GrinderMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in the cutoff
Posts: 26
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

I apologize if this has been talked about before, but I've been out of the loop for a while.

Has anyone tried to gauge interest in a regular 4/8 or 5/10 limit mixed game? I know alot of people are starting to pick up the PLO, but what do you think if it was feasible to run a (hypothetically) 5/10 HORSE or HOSE game regularly?

Again, apologizes if it's been talked about before.
GrinderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #461
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Matt24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: married life
Posts: 7,869
They used to have a 10 20 horse game every Sunday.
Matt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #462
journeyman
 
spacegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lazytown
Posts: 371
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Room price are astronomical this week. Why?
spacegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #463
newbie
 
GrinderMedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in the cutoff
Posts: 26
10/20 is a stretch for me, personally. I know that it is for alot of others that are just getting into mixed games too.

I just need to take my balls out of my purse and start playing uberDEGEN
GrinderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #464
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 4,608
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegod View Post
Room price are astronomical this week. Why?
Pretty sure the FFA is in Louisville this week and some of their members may stay at the boat.
bahbahmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #465
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,306
Re: Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Elizabeth, IN)

Sherman Minton is back open. Now maybe things will get back to normal!
BigSoonerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive