Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > Lock Poker

Notices

Lock Poker Support forum for LockPoker.com

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #91
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 870
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Can you tell me what the buy-in is for the "1) $800 GTD @ 17:30 ET"? I can't seem to find it on the schedule. Thanks again.
opps, nm
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #92
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 870
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Good job Revolution. So far the $1 satellite and the 17:30 $500 Guarantee are looking to be a success!
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #93
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
We just added a bunch of new Omaha and O/8 tournaments as well as increased the guarantees on some, as always feedback is appreciated.

-Rizen
Rizen,

The PLO8 tourney lineup is still painfully bad. When Lock took over the network the max guarantees for a PLO8 tourney actually went down from $1500 to $1000 which was pretty sad considering the hype about the $$$ going up. Despite this the main game for PLO8 players (yes sadly this is the main) a 10+1 with re-buys for the first hour and 1 add on routinely more then doubled it's 1k guar. pool while most NLH tournys had an overlay. Now that you guys at least raised the guarantee a few hundred dollars back around were there were when Lock took over is certainly nothing to be excited about.

Here again are some suggestion's on some PLO8 tourneys that I believe would pass their guarantees very shortly if not immediately.

Daily $22 buy-in with 1 rebuy and 1 add on $2500 Guar.
Sunday $55 buy in 5k (there is no big Sunday PLO8 to speak of)

Daily $11 re-buy 1k guarantee NLO8

Raise the $1500 guarantee to $2500 on the current main game.

I think the PLO8 players deserve a little better especially since were the ones passing the guarantees.
Sirmixalot is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #94
Pooh-Bah
 
suchsickaments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,328
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Hi Rizen..I noticed you guys changed the nightly Lock Highroller from 3k starting to 7500..very much overkill..its like some crazy deepstack tournament now and takes way longer than it should..once you changed the blind structure the 3k chips was more than enough and finished in a timely manner..can you think about putting it back to at least 5k? 7500 is so much. Thanks.

Sucks to have a tournament take as long as it does and starts that late in the night..if anything the earlier one should have 7500 and the later one should have 5k

But as I said earlier, the 3k was really great..can we compromise! How about 4k chips with 20 minute levels or something

Last edited by suchsickaments; 07-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.
suchsickaments is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #95
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

maybe once or twice a week make one of the 3k $10 rebuys a 6 max
t90oldem is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #96
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Lansing, Mi/ Angola, In
Posts: 817
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

this has been said before, but you guys seriously need to fix the time bank. Getting 30 hands per hour with 10 minute blinds is just sad, Ive honestly gotten more hands per hour in a live tournament. Theres no need for more then 30 seconds, so the 75 or whatever we get now is ridiculous and makes your tournaments that much harder to play, especially considering that many of them dont start out all that deep.
buggits30 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #97
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 26
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but some shorthanded plo -6-max and maybe even 4-max?- throughout the day would pretty much be teets.
PartsUnknown is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #98
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 204
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Can you remove the turbo status of the $10 $1250 gtd deepstack that starts at 7pm. There's a $10 deepstack that starts at 12:30pm but it would be nice to have one that starts later in the day.
Also the Sunday $10 10k gtd should start with at least 3k chips.
Thanks
ilikegreen is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #99
Lock Poker Room Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchsickaments View Post
Hi Rizen..I noticed you guys changed the nightly Lock Highroller from 3k starting to 7500..very much overkill..its like some crazy deepstack tournament now and takes way longer than it should..once you changed the blind structure the 3k chips was more than enough and finished in a timely manner..can you think about putting it back to at least 5k? 7500 is so much. Thanks.

Sucks to have a tournament take as long as it does and starts that late in the night..if anything the earlier one should have 7500 and the later one should have 5k

But as I said earlier, the 3k was really great..can we compromise! How about 4k chips with 20 minute levels or something
I agree, I'll poll for more feedback. I actually didn't want to increase them from 3000 chips after the structure changes, but unfortunately many players just look at starting stacks and assume that's all their is to structures, so I had MANY players asking for 7500 chip stacks (I think that's what they start with on Merge).

I get a regular report that includes things like tournament duration, I'll check that out on the next one I get and see how long it's running on average. If it's too long I'll look to make more changes. In the mean time I would definitely like others feedback on this and I'll poll other people I know that were asking for the 7500 change to see if they thought it was overkill too.

Thanks

-Rizen
LockRizen is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #100
old hand
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Ocean
Posts: 1,321
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Step SNGs that can also be used for MTT.

Something like:

Step 2 -also usable for a low buy-in MTT
Step 3 -also usable for a mid buy-in MTT
Step 4 -Sundays $100K gauranteed.

People like step SNGs. Could increase traffic for both MTT and SNG.

Last edited by The Drifter; 07-20-2012 at 11:58 PM.
The Drifter is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #101
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

More 6 max and 4 max tournaments... and if u win a $109 satty ticket you should be able to use it for any $109 tournament
t90oldem is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #102
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 496
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

The highroller is getting ridiculous... close to 5 hours to get to the buble, every reg is probably one or two tabling for 1 or 2 hours when we get close to the buble, it is frustrating for us and I think randoms most times will be playing this until very late to not cash, and that can make them not thinking about playing again. If you really want to keep this structure (and it is great, to the point that it can be to good...) make the highroller start 2 hours before and make late reg take 2 hours (I think that is ok with the great structure the tournament has).

More rebuys starting at the same time frame that the 40r (hour:40 I think?), more time for rebuys = bigger prize polls, and that way u can do the extended hour break like you do in the 40r in more mtts. Also the add-on 3 minutes after the break is not cool, make it at the same time that the break (at least for the 50 1r1a), no need for that dead time.

Random ideias: make the 109 with 90 minutes late reg a second chance to make the prizepoll bigger? Make the super-turbos start at the hour and not at half an hour so you don t need to go to break unless you are very deep on it? Now that there aren t any more overlays why not bring back some of the weekly mtts, even if you need to lower the GTDs at start (and why not start with the 6max)?
LordDogs is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #103
centurion
 
Ch0s3n0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ / Cabo
Posts: 125
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter View Post
Step SNGs that can also be used for MTT.

Something like:

Step 2 -also usable for a low buy-in MTT
Step 3 -also usable for a mid buy-in MTT
Step 4 -Sundays $100K gauranteed.

People like step SNGs. Could increase traffic for both MTT and SNG.
+1
Ch0s3n0n3 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #104
centurion
 
Ch0s3n0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ / Cabo
Posts: 125
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDogs View Post
The highroller is getting ridiculous... close to 5 hours to get to the buble, every reg is probably one or two tabling for 1 or 2 hours when we get close to the buble, it is frustrating for us and I think randoms most times will be playing this until very late to not cash, and that can make them not thinking about playing again. If you really want to keep this structure (and it is great, to the point that it can be to good...) make the highroller start 2 hours before and make late reg take 2 hours (I think that is ok with the great structure the tournament has).

More rebuys starting at the same time frame that the 40r (hour:40 I think?), more time for rebuys = bigger prize polls, and that way u can do the extended hour break like you do in the 40r in more mtts. Also the add-on 3 minutes after the break is not cool, make it at the same time that the break (at least for the 50 1r1a), no need for that dead time.

Random ideias: make the 109 with 90 minutes late reg a second chance to make the prizepoll bigger? Make the super-turbos start at the hour and not at half an hour so you don t need to go to break unless you are very deep on it? Now that there aren t any more overlays why not bring back some of the weekly mtts, even if you need to lower the GTDs at start (and why not start with the 6max)?
^^Some very good ideas!^^
Ch0s3n0n3 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #105
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

On sunday you should change your $500 to a monthly and make a $200 weekly...imo a $500 weekly is just to big these days. have it once a month so u can hype it more... I know you guys r trying to copy or keep up with merge but $200 makes alot more since with the amount of $ ppl are keeping online these days.
t90oldem is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive