Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > Lock Poker

Notices

Lock Poker Support forum for LockPoker.com

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #76
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Please add more 6 max freezeouts a $30-60 around 2-6 pst would be nice. Also before Lock took over they had a 4 max tournament which would be nice but with a bigger buy in as well.... And add a $200 sunday tournament $500 is pretty big these days imo
t90oldem is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #77
old hand
 
Chazley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: @chazley
Posts: 1,641
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Something that I think is overlooked/under appreciated is giving tournaments a name. It gives certain tournaments a certain novelty to them, and makes them feel more important.
Chazley is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #78
adept
 
MarcusMPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 983
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Please add: Some Kind of $22 or $11 large Guarantee on Sunday. The biggest I see is an $8k $22k GTD...on SUNDAY???? Lower/mid-stakes people who don't make their satellite to the big one still want to play something and dream [big].

If you can get 1,000 runners for a $100k GTD surely you can get 750 for a $22 $15k gtd.

Thanks!
MarcusMPG is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #79
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,170
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

You guys removed another omaha hi/lo tourney, the $5 one that starts at 2:15pm est. That was unnecessary. You guys have like 6 or 7 o8 tourneys through-out the day. You guys do realize us U.S. players don't have many options so it would benefit Revolution greatly if they stop deleting o8 tourneys and even add a few. Bovada is rapidly adding new o8 tourneys while you guys just keep deleting them.
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #80
journeyman
 
IBGrindin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 127
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMPG View Post
Please add: Some Kind of $22 or $11 large Guarantee on Sunday. The biggest I see is an $8k $22k GTD...on SUNDAY???? Lower/mid-stakes people who don't make their satellite to the big one still want to play something and dream [big].

If you can get 1,000 runners for a $100k GTD surely you can get 750 for a $22 $15k gtd.

Thanks!
there is an $11 10K that starts at the same time as the $109 100K.

That said, please start the $11 10K with 3000 chips at least. 2000 leaves very little room.
IBGrindin is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #81
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: university of kentucky
Posts: 638
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

i won a ticked to a 30 dollar tourney that was closed for registration when we finished the satty...wtf happens to that ticket???
tommytuffnutz is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #82
journeyman
 
ArdbegOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 232
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

How about offering different VIP freerolls for different VIP levels instead of one for all?
ArdbegOwns is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #83
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PDC
Posts: 186
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

moar satties prease
Lord of Donk Town is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #84
journeyman
 
B_O_K_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 390
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

More players please.
B_O_K_E is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #85
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

We just added a bunch of new Omaha and O/8 tournaments as well as increased the guarantees on some, as always feedback is appreciated.

-Rizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
You guys removed another omaha hi/lo tourney, the $5 one that starts at 2:15pm est. That was unnecessary. You guys have like 6 or 7 o8 tourneys through-out the day. You guys do realize us U.S. players don't have many options so it would benefit Revolution greatly if they stop deleting o8 tourneys and even add a few. Bovada is rapidly adding new o8 tourneys while you guys just keep deleting them.
LockRizen is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #86
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,170
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
We just added a bunch of new Omaha and O/8 tournaments as well as increased the guarantees on some, as always feedback is appreciated.

-Rizen
I see you guys added 2 new o8 tourneys. One of them is a $1 rebuy/add-on satellite into the $22 o8 tourney you guys run at 10:30pm est. I can't see that sat being too successful. I think I'd like it better if it were a stand alone non-satellite tourney. That's just my opinion tho. Thanks for the effort though. Hopefully this is just the beginning of things to come.
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #87
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
I see you guys added 2 new o8 tourneys. One of them is a $1 rebuy/add-on satellite into the $22 o8 tourney you guys run at 10:30pm est. I can't see that sat being too successful. I think I'd like it better if it were a stand alone non-satellite tourney. That's just my opinion tho. Thanks for the effort though. Hopefully this is just the beginning of things to come.
There are 2 PLO/8 tournaments that were added:

1) $800 GTD @ 17:30 ET
2) $750 GTD @ 00:30 ET

There are also 4 new PLO GTD tournaments and the guarantee was raised on every O/8 tournament on the schedule save the $500 deep stacks.

We will add more as they continue to be successful.

Thanks

-Rizen
LockRizen is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #88
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,170
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
There are 2 PLO/8 tournaments that were added:

1) $800 GTD @ 17:30 ET
2) $750 GTD @ 00:30 ET

There are also 4 new PLO GTD tournaments and the guarantee was raised on every O/8 tournament on the schedule save the $500 deep stacks.

We will add more as they continue to be successful.

Thanks

-Rizen
Thanks for the quick response. Can you tell me what the buy-in is for the "1) $800 GTD @ 17:30 ET"? I can't seem to find it on the schedule. Thanks again.
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #89
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

LockRizen,
My lock name is liveb8. I have been trying to cash out for several months now... I have around 4500 in my account. I would like all my money. Can you help me get my money?

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.
d0minata is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #90
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Will you be adding any micro stakes tourneys?
The Thing is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #91
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,170
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Can you tell me what the buy-in is for the "1) $800 GTD @ 17:30 ET"? I can't seem to find it on the schedule. Thanks again.
opps, nm
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #92
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,170
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Good job Revolution. So far the $1 satellite and the 17:30 $500 Guarantee are looking to be a success!
murdahc is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #93
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
We just added a bunch of new Omaha and O/8 tournaments as well as increased the guarantees on some, as always feedback is appreciated.

-Rizen
Rizen,

The PLO8 tourney lineup is still painfully bad. When Lock took over the network the max guarantees for a PLO8 tourney actually went down from $1500 to $1000 which was pretty sad considering the hype about the $$$ going up. Despite this the main game for PLO8 players (yes sadly this is the main) a 10+1 with re-buys for the first hour and 1 add on routinely more then doubled it's 1k guar. pool while most NLH tournys had an overlay. Now that you guys at least raised the guarantee a few hundred dollars back around were there were when Lock took over is certainly nothing to be excited about.

Here again are some suggestion's on some PLO8 tourneys that I believe would pass their guarantees very shortly if not immediately.

Daily $22 buy-in with 1 rebuy and 1 add on $2500 Guar.
Sunday $55 buy in 5k (there is no big Sunday PLO8 to speak of)

Daily $11 re-buy 1k guarantee NLO8

Raise the $1500 guarantee to $2500 on the current main game.

I think the PLO8 players deserve a little better especially since were the ones passing the guarantees.
Sirmixalot is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #94
Pooh-Bah
 
suchsickaments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,386
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Hi Rizen..I noticed you guys changed the nightly Lock Highroller from 3k starting to 7500..very much overkill..its like some crazy deepstack tournament now and takes way longer than it should..once you changed the blind structure the 3k chips was more than enough and finished in a timely manner..can you think about putting it back to at least 5k? 7500 is so much. Thanks.

Sucks to have a tournament take as long as it does and starts that late in the night..if anything the earlier one should have 7500 and the later one should have 5k

But as I said earlier, the 3k was really great..can we compromise! How about 4k chips with 20 minute levels or something

Last edited by suchsickaments; 07-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.
suchsickaments is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #95
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

maybe once or twice a week make one of the 3k $10 rebuys a 6 max
t90oldem is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #96
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Lansing, Mi/ Angola, In
Posts: 876
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

this has been said before, but you guys seriously need to fix the time bank. Getting 30 hands per hour with 10 minute blinds is just sad, Ive honestly gotten more hands per hour in a live tournament. Theres no need for more then 30 seconds, so the 75 or whatever we get now is ridiculous and makes your tournaments that much harder to play, especially considering that many of them dont start out all that deep.
buggits30 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #97
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but some shorthanded plo -6-max and maybe even 4-max?- throughout the day would pretty much be teets.
PartsUnknown is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #98
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 218
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Can you remove the turbo status of the $10 $1250 gtd deepstack that starts at 7pm. There's a $10 deepstack that starts at 12:30pm but it would be nice to have one that starts later in the day.
Also the Sunday $10 10k gtd should start with at least 3k chips.
Thanks
ilikegreen is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #99
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchsickaments View Post
Hi Rizen..I noticed you guys changed the nightly Lock Highroller from 3k starting to 7500..very much overkill..its like some crazy deepstack tournament now and takes way longer than it should..once you changed the blind structure the 3k chips was more than enough and finished in a timely manner..can you think about putting it back to at least 5k? 7500 is so much. Thanks.

Sucks to have a tournament take as long as it does and starts that late in the night..if anything the earlier one should have 7500 and the later one should have 5k

But as I said earlier, the 3k was really great..can we compromise! How about 4k chips with 20 minute levels or something
I agree, I'll poll for more feedback. I actually didn't want to increase them from 3000 chips after the structure changes, but unfortunately many players just look at starting stacks and assume that's all their is to structures, so I had MANY players asking for 7500 chip stacks (I think that's what they start with on Merge).

I get a regular report that includes things like tournament duration, I'll check that out on the next one I get and see how long it's running on average. If it's too long I'll look to make more changes. In the mean time I would definitely like others feedback on this and I'll poll other people I know that were asking for the 7500 change to see if they thought it was overkill too.

Thanks

-Rizen
LockRizen is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #100
old hand
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Ocean
Posts: 1,364
Re: **Revolution Tournament Improvement Thread**

Step SNGs that can also be used for MTT.

Something like:

Step 2 -also usable for a low buy-in MTT
Step 3 -also usable for a mid buy-in MTT
Step 4 -Sundays $100K gauranteed.

People like step SNGs. Could increase traffic for both MTT and SNG.

Last edited by The Drifter; 07-20-2012 at 11:58 PM.
The Drifter is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online