Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > Lock Poker

Notices

Lock Poker Support forum for LockPoker.com

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #106
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 15,984
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck3yChance View Post
I really think that the VIP freerolls need to be altered. There should be more money given to higher level VIPS. Currently there are less people registered for the Silver VIP freeroll than the Black Elite freeroll but they are playing for the same prize pool even though Black Elite VIP players contribute a lot more rake.
+1 by a lot, was kinda shocked and disappointed wen i saw the freeroll prizepools

pay more rake and dont get rewarded for it
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #107
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg91 View Post
no other site does this that i know of.
Are you trying to say that its not practical to implement? Otherwise what other sites isn't really relevant to whether or not its a good idea.

Pokerstars would freeze all their tournaments or sit n gos when they had network-wide connectivity issues, which effectively accomplished the same thing.
konar is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #108
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 15,984
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by konar View Post
Are you trying to say that its not practical to implement? Otherwise what other sites isn't really relevant to whether or not its a good idea.

Pokerstars would freeze all their tournaments or sit n gos when they had network-wide connectivity issues, which effectively accomplished the same thing.
Did I say it was impractical? No.
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #109
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,790
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg91 View Post
+1 by a lot, was kinda shocked and disappointed wen i saw the freeroll prizepools

pay more rake and dont get rewarded for it
I will be willing to bet they change this.

I figured it was gonna be the same prize pool because there would only be a few black elites, a decent number of blacks, and then a crap load of the rest.

I paid over 1K in rake but am only a silver because I'm still VIP, and I was shocked whenever there were only 45 people competing for the silver VIP tournament. If I didn't lose JJ to 10's late I might've made some nice money today.... *sadface*
zackryan28 is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #110
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 15,984
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackryan28 View Post
I will be willing to bet they change this.

I figured it was gonna be the same prize pool because there would only be a few black elites, a decent number of blacks, and then a crap load of the rest.

I paid over 1K in rake but am only a silver because I'm still VIP, and I was shocked whenever there were only 45 people competing for the silver VIP tournament. If I didn't lose JJ to 10's late I might've made some nice money today.... *sadface*
JJ<A2o for 1/17 myself in the Black Elite ;(

Last edited by jdawg91; 07-31-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: look at us both having cool stories!
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #111
Lock Poker Room Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck3yChance View Post
I really think that the VIP freerolls need to be altered. There should be more money given to higher level VIPS. Currently there are less people registered for the Silver VIP freeroll than the Black Elite freeroll but they are playing for the same prize pool even though Black Elite VIP players contribute a lot more rake.
I agree they need to be altered. I can talk to them about the prize pools but I think we may be restricted by the network on these. The other idea I was tossing around is that you're eligible for your level freeroll and all the levels below you, which should naturally make sure that more people are in the lower level and less in the higher, as well as giving the higher level VIPs multiple chances at the prize money. Thoughts? I'll see if I can get the prize pools increased, but that might not be possible due to network restrictions, would this be a decent alternative? I'm certainly open to other ides to suggest as well.

-Rizen
LockRizen is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #112
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 359
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
I agree they need to be altered. I can talk to them about the prize pools but I think we may be restricted by the network on these. The other idea I was tossing around is that you're eligible for your level freeroll and all the levels below you, which should naturally make sure that more people are in the lower level and less in the higher, as well as giving the higher level VIPs multiple chances at the prize money. Thoughts? I'll see if I can get the prize pools increased, but that might not be possible due to network restrictions, would this be a decent alternative? I'm certainly open to other ides to suggest as well.

-Rizen
If there are network restrictions then I think there is no doubt that would be the best possible alternative. The only potential problem I see would be that the lower VIPs would be absolutely flooded with players making the EV for each player super low and causing problems among the low stake grinders who would lose almost all equity. Obviously though the more you rake the higher your reward should be so it still gives the lower VIPs an incentive to move up a level.

Maybe if you find out there are definitely restrictions then each player could be eligible for their own freeroll and the one right below them? Obviously this isn't a big difference, but it would still create more expected value for the higher VIPs while also not totally ruining and overpopulating the bottom freerolls.
Ebes12 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #113
Lock Poker Room Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,152
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasaddict View Post
Eric,

While I do have my prioritized list (earlier in thread), this was a more general question. As in, are any of these improvements expected anytime soon. And if so, which ones. I'm no programmer, so I don't know if they can be added one at a time or if you plan one "huge" system upgrade where several things are done.

Just looking for some kind of status update on any of them.

Thanks
LasVegasAddict
I'm a big fan of 'iterative' development where you push out a few small changes at a time, but I'm pretty sure the plan is one 'huge' upgrade where lots of things are addressed at once. Unfortunately at the time I became involved the update had already begun, but i'm definitely going to push for more iterative development in the future.

-Rizen
LockRizen is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #114
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 359
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
I'm a big fan of 'iterative' development where you push out a few small changes at a time, but I'm pretty sure the plan is one 'huge' upgrade where lots of things are addressed at once. Unfortunately at the time I became involved the update had already begun, but i'm definitely going to push for more iterative development in the future.

-Rizen
Yeah, I'm glad you addressed this hopefully everyone gets to see this post. I think some people feel like their requests haven't been taken care of (since nothing has been implemented) but everything we see gets forwarded to the technical team so hopefully when the big update happens, many of these issues are fixed and we can re-evaluate from there what the biggest priorities are. I know many of these issues are going to be absolutely player-friendly and hopefully everyone will notice a big difference.
Ebes12 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #115
old hand
 
Luck3yChance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,830
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRizen View Post
I agree they need to be altered. I can talk to them about the prize pools but I think we may be restricted by the network on these. The other idea I was tossing around is that you're eligible for your level freeroll and all the levels below you, which should naturally make sure that more people are in the lower level and less in the higher, as well as giving the higher level VIPs multiple chances at the prize money. Thoughts? I'll see if I can get the prize pools increased, but that might not be possible due to network restrictions, would this be a decent alternative? I'm certainly open to other ides to suggest as well.

-Rizen
This would be very good. Since the other option is a network thing
Luck3yChance is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #116
veteran
 
Men"the master"fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,242
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Add Low Limit Tourney Request

Please add more low limit($5 freeze outs and another $2 rebuy/addon and a $4 rebuy/addon) full-ring tournaments in the evening US time. I like to multi-table but there are very few low limit tourneys to choose from. It would be great to have them in the 8pm -11pm est timeframe.
Men"the master"fan is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #117
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men"the master"fan View Post
Add Low Limit Tourney Request

Please add more low limit($5 freeze outs and another $2 rebuy/addon and a $4 rebuy/addon) full-ring tournaments in the evening US time. I like to multi-table but there are very few low limit tourneys to choose from. It would be great to have them in the 8pm -11pm est timeframe.
+1

i used to like to play a lot of tournies, but i can never find anything i would enjoy at the times mentioned above, which is when im most likely to have time to play.
Anyadlia is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #118
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 141
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

turbo plo8 sit n goes PLEASEEEEE. makes no sense that there are none of these.
evalevan66 is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #119
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,790
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalevan66 View Post
turbo plo8 sit n goes PLEASEEEEE. makes no sense that there are none of these.
Those would be fun! I've never played one
zackryan28 is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #120
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 131
Re: Lock Poker Suggestion Box

More ways to use $109 tournament tickets...in the only weekday $109 the 2x chance you cannot even pay for your rebuy with a ticket making it difficult to use all of the tickets

Adding some more $109 tournies or allowing tickets to be use in SNGs or something would be greatly beneficial

I am pretty sure this needs to be a Merge change but bringing it up to them would help
cvmoney15 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive