Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > Lock Poker

Notices

Lock Poker Support forum for LockPoker.com

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #46
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,307
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post
They are a permanent advertisement to the Happy Hour promotion.

A lot of the fishier traffic comes through not really knowing what promotions or value is about, this puts something right in their line of sight.

While for some of our more experience players the extra colour in the lobby is a slight annoyance, we are hoping these tables become a bit of a beacon to the less experienced players encouraging them to learn more about the promotion and maybe even play some more.
You're wrong about this. There are professional poker players playing on lock that don't know what your promotions are. Now you have blue tables, red tables(which mean absolutely nothing and normal tables and no one knows wtf is going on.

Not only has it not brought more players in. It has decreased the amount of fish sitting in. Will you guys hire a player to run these ideas by before you implement them? This is pretty straightforward stuff. Who makes these decisions?
Kedu is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #47
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post
They are a permanent advertisement to the Happy Hour promotion.

A lot of the fishier traffic comes through not really knowing what promotions or value is about, this puts something right in their line of sight.

While for some of our more experience players the extra colour in the lobby is a slight annoyance, we are hoping these tables become a bit of a beacon to the less experienced players encouraging them to learn more about the promotion and maybe even play some more.
Shane, are the colored tables only accessible to players using the Lock poker skin? Or are they available to all players on the Revolution network?
The Horny Rhino is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #48
Lock Poker Representative
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,663
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horny Rhino View Post
Shane, are the colored tables only accessible to players using the Lock poker skin? Or are they available to all players on the Revolution network?
They are Lock exclusive.
imjustshane is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #49
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,270
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post
They are a permanent advertisement to the Happy Hour promotion.

A lot of the fishier traffic comes through not really knowing what promotions or value is about, this puts something right in their line of sight.

While for some of our more experience players the extra colour in the lobby is a slight annoyance, we are hoping these tables become a bit of a beacon to the less experienced players encouraging them to learn more about the promotion and maybe even play some more.

This isn't a complaint by any means, just an observation. While I appreciate the good intentions on the traffic idea (although I find it hard to believe there's people more experienced at being fishes than myself, lol) I sometimes see some of the red tables hosting games while the blue tables are blank...durring time periods when "Happy Hour" isn't actually active. I suspect that the "beacon" will possibly only bring about complaints when they find out they were playing short handed at a table that didn't award them double pts at that particular time whilst they "perceived" because of that "beacon" they would be earning double points.

I was just good naturedly making a "play on the wording im my post" joke about the red in the lobby; I honestly don't care one way or the other and if anything like the contrasting colors of blue, black & red. Just a thought, and like I said, its not a complaint. Me, I'm grateful for any and all promotions I can actually take part in...especially the well intentioned ones.

Cheers,
John
jamthe3 is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #50
centurion
 
Robot Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 172
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

I usually try start a lot of games at mid stakes. From my experiences this month, I have had much more trouble getting those games going. I personally think the colored tables are to blame. Although I am sure there could be other factors contributing.
Robot Face is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #51
grinder
 
Ben Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BREAD MASTER
Posts: 696
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

I can see Lock's thought process with this, but the banner at the top of the client should be fine, really. You could run a pop-up at peak hours for a few days to advertise it a bit as well, I'm sure that would be fine.

Like the others have said, it's probably best to avoid any confusion and remove the red HH tables. You don't want someone to mistakenly think that there are only a few HH tables available, and that they will have a hard time getting one of these special seats, and not even try to play at that time. Or worse yet, players sitting at these tables at non-HH times and thinking that they are owed additional points.
Ben Lopez is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #52
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,270
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Hey, I know...given the time of the season...keep the red ones & make the rest GREEN !!! Ho-HO-Ho Merrrrrry X-mas!!
jamthe3 is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #53
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horny Rhino View Post
Shane, are the colored tables only accessible to players using the Lock poker skin? Or are they available to all players on the Revolution network?
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post
They are Lock exclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Face View Post
I usually try start a lot of games at mid stakes. From my experiences this month, I have had much more trouble getting those games going. I personally think the colored tables are to blame. Although I am sure there could be other factors contributing.
This should explain why you have a harder time getting tables started on the colored tables instead of the black tables. The black tables are accessible to players on all Revolution Network skins, whereas the colored tables are only accessible to players on the Lock skin.
The Horny Rhino is offline  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #54
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 528
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Face View Post
I usually try start a lot of games at mid stakes. From my experiences this month, I have had much more trouble getting those games going. I personally think the colored tables are to blame. Although I am sure there could be other factors contributing.
I think I have been having the same problem. Sometimes 1 or 2 guys trying to start a black table, and 1 or 2 trying to start a red one, and maybe none ever get started. This is less rake for the site and less volume for the players. If these tables have actually increased traffic then that is great, but I think traffic is down at the stakes/games I play. And these tables might not be the reason, but I definitely think they make it tough to start tables, esp at off peak hours. Maybe if Lock is going to have exclusive tables limit it to one kind of table?

Last edited by catlax30; 12-15-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: added 2nd sentence
catlax30 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #55
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Broadcasting Minor League Hockey!
Posts: 61,584
Shane, having tables called "happy hour" tables running all the time even in non happy hours is kind of odd and sort of misleading and false advertising.

It is completely reasonable for a customer to think they are receiving double points there even when they are not. Is it your goal to mislead your customers? It shouldn't be.

Labeling happy hour tables that actually don't do anything at all is idiotic. I am really confused by this promotion and there are still questions unanswered. So are your other customers.

I am willing to help give feedback on ideas such as these before you implement them and would be happy to do that.
MicroBob is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #56
grinder
 
umakenocentsbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 680
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
Shane, having tables called "happy hour" tables running all the time even in non happy hours is kind of odd and sort of misleading and false advertising.

It is completely reasonable for a customer to think they are receiving double points there even when they are not. Is it your goal to mislead your customers? It shouldn't be.

Labeling happy hour tables that actually don't do anything at all is idiotic. I am really confused by this promotion and there are still questions unanswered. So are your other customers.

I am willing to help give feedback on ideas such as these before you implement them and would be happy to do that.
agreed.
umakenocentsbro is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #57
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
Shane, having tables called "happy hour" tables running all the time even in non happy hours is kind of odd and sort of misleading and false advertising.

It is completely reasonable for a customer to think they are receiving double points there even when they are not. Is it your goal to mislead your customers? It shouldn't be.

Labeling happy hour tables that actually don't do anything at all is idiotic. I am really confused by this promotion and there are still questions unanswered. So are your other customers.

I am willing to help give feedback on ideas such as these before you implement them and would be happy to do that.
+1
Kontra81 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
banned
 
Fishie214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

When are the double points awarded after playing a session, Directly after you close the table as normal points are or after the happy hour ends or at another time?!
Fishie214 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #59
banned
 
Fishie214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Sara : Players get double VIP points and your Lock account is set up as Rakeback account
you : So as a RB player, the happy hour basically doesn't apply to me?
Sara : This will be just for VIP players
you : So basically its falsely advetised then.. Well that sucks


According to Live Chat, The happy hour is only for players on VIP and not for RB players.. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Fishie214 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #60
Lock Poker Representative
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,663
Re: Lock Poker Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie214 View Post
Sara : Players get double VIP points and your Lock account is set up as Rakeback account
you : So as a RB player, the happy hour basically doesn't apply to me?
Sara : This will be just for VIP players
you : So basically its falsely advetised then.. Well that sucks


According to Live Chat, The happy hour is only for players on VIP and not for RB players.. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
This was an error on behalf on the livechat support. All players are eligible for Happy Hour.
imjustshane is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive