Originally Posted by chaosad
Could you post the link to this thread please? thank you
What would you recommend if you use at the moment HEM1, PT4 or HEM2?
Haven't posted in HM2 thread yet (when I do I'll post the link here, still sorting out data). But I have in PT4 for start: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2876
- got a promise from support guy that he'll contact the devs.
Right now I'm on trial on both PT4 and HM2 and still don't know what to think tbh. Also genher gave a lot of good advice and comparison in hypers thread.
- HM1 and I assume PT3 do the job just fine - there's no real need to rush for improvement
- technically the only new feature you get that didn't exist before is auto note taking (is there anything else really new and game breaking?). HM2 is way more advanced in that regard, but in a nutshell to get 100% power you need to give extra $60 for NoteCaddy.
- HM2 also has better designed player analysis module and overall feels more intuitive. Some routine tasks are 1-click away in HM2 and 5-clicks away in PT4 ... maybe I'm just not used to it, dunno.
- if you have older notebook (like me) you should really consider PT4 which is super light weight compared to competitor. HM2 consumes more memory than new 3d games (alright, I'm exaggerating) and can really slow down your system. Seriously, I'm using Game Booster to free every bit of memory I can before initiating the 1+ minute boot up sequence.
- Both have bugs here and there but that shouldn't be a concern. Developers of both programs are working hard, listening to players and by the time you decide to buy majority of problems will be history.
- The only real issue I have is EV, discussed above.
- In all honesty both are good. Matter of personal preference. Trial them both, it's hard to judge cause the differences are small. Personally I'm thorn apart which to pick. Every day I'm experimenting with the other one (and due to limited time I'm not even using HM1 atm).