2012 2+2 HUSNG Forum Championship **Stars Tourney Sunday 8/12 at 9pm GM**
7-25 Update - Poll added for PokerStars tournament. USA players do not vote, we will have a separate poll soon for a Merge version and then a unified final 8 or so will play to crown the forum's world champ!
2009 Champion: quiquiriqui aka bbbushu 2010 Champion: ITRIED2WARNU 2011 Champion: United States Department of Justice 2012 Champion: [Your Name Here?]
The recent discussion of improving the HUSNG Regs Forum has gotten me thinking about when I first started posting/contributing here. It was this tournament. It was a lot of fun for everyone (and the side betting made it that much better imo - see below). I obviously won't be playing in it (USA!), but know there are probably several people who would be interested in helping to organize within this thread and the tournament with Stars. There have been a few tournaments awhile back organized by palinca, but nothing for an official year/title afaik. Mers absolutely crushed the organization of the last one we had and I recommend reading his posts in the below threads for recommendations on setting things up for those that are reputable volunteers.
What we need:
- Someone to contact Stars about setting up a private tournament. iirc you can create a private tournament, and now with Home Games this may be even more simple to do.
- Setting a date - should obviously be a weekend, and the time set for all you eurodonks that have the luxury of playing online poker.
- If there is enough interest for side betting (and there should be!) we need a reputable member to escrow for any pools (last longer, pick 5, random, etc). This person should have a high transfer limit and be able to handle the follow up quickly. It doesn't matter to me much, the participants can and should decide.
- Prizes: Winner gets the 1st place prize pool and a custom title. The last tournament we had several folks give away some free coaching. If anyone qualified would like to volunteer for this that would be great as well. Feel free to organize however you like.
- Vote on buyin (2010 was $24+$2, had 128 participants)
- Vote on structure: it may be a good idea to have a turbo tournament for the official winner and a hyper one as a side as well. Again, up to the participants. We can add the poll to this thread after some discussion.
The last vote was the following:
75bb deep starting, 3 minute levels
75bb deep starting, 5 minute levels
100bb deep starting, 3 minute levels (this won)
100bb deep starting, 5 minute levels
125bb deep starting, 3 minute levels
- I am probably missing things, please feel free to add ideas.