Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Midstakes MTT Discussion and analysis of midstakes MTT strategy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Hellomafriend
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 81
What is the best play in this spot ?

Poker Stars, $33 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 18 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #37708675

BB: 8,805 (44 bb)
UTG+1: 3,338 (16.7 bb)
UTG+2: 4,295 (21.5 bb)
MP1: 22,613 (113.1 bb)
MP2: 5,089 (25.4 bb)
MP3: 35,499 (177.5 bb)
CO: 2,159 (10.8 bb)
Hero (BTN): 3,986 (19.9 bb)
SB: 10,072 (50.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 Q
UTG+1 calls 200, UTG+2 calls 200, 4 folds, Hero ?

What is the best play in this spot guys ?
Is it better to open jam trying to steal the dead money or iso the limpers.

ps: Both limpers have already shown weakness with their limping range.
Hellomafriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #2
Philly11
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Moving all-inn is terrible, because of stack-sizes &position.
So make it 550 or something and use the advantage of having position PF against 2 Passive weak players
Philly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #3
PokerEye99
grinder
 
PokerEye99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In My Big White Room
Posts: 530
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Just fold.
PokerEye99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #4
PIK4CHU
old hand
 
PIK4CHU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chandler/Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,543
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly11 View Post
Moving all-inn is terrible, because of stack-sizes &position.
So make it 550 or something and use the advantage of having position PF against 2 Passive weak players
Terrible advice. If you only get 1 caller, the pot would be 1600 and you would have 3500 left, not nearly enough to extract value out of anything.

Fold and move on
PIK4CHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:54 AM   #5
Afteryastack
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 219
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIK4CHU View Post
Terrible advice. If you only get 1 caller, the pot would be 1600 and you would have 3500 left, not nearly enough to extract value out of anything.

Fold and move on
+1
Afteryastack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #6
oldsilver
Pooh-Bah
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: yelling at clouds
Posts: 4,316
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

call
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #7
Hellomafriend
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 81
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

But if we are not squeezing with that hand, how should our range look like at this stack depth ?
Like 77+,A9s+,KTs+,ATo+,KQo ?
Hellomafriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:45 AM   #8
ye90
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 118
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellomafriend View Post
But if we are not squeezing with that hand, how should our range look like at this stack depth ?
Like 77+,A9s+,KTs+,ATo+,KQo ?
Something like that. Perhaps all suited broadway.

Call or fold with this hand. Shoving wouldn't be terrible, but it's marginally +EV at best.
ye90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
scheier
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 522
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ye90 View Post
Something like that. Perhaps all suited broadway.

Call or fold with this hand. Shoving wouldn't be terrible, but it's marginally +EV at best.
+1 on the above

I like a call when I have tangible information that SB and BB are not likely to raise it up (except with legit strong hands).
Fold otherwise.
scheier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #10
Mr.Slip
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 123
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellomafriend View Post
Poker Stars, $33 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 18 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #37708675

BB: 8,805 (44 bb)
UTG+1: 3,338 (16.7 bb)
UTG+2: 4,295 (21.5 bb)
MP1: 22,613 (113.1 bb)
MP2: 5,089 (25.4 bb)
MP3: 35,499 (177.5 bb)
CO: 2,159 (10.8 bb)
Hero (BTN): 3,986 (19.9 bb)
SB: 10,072 (50.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 Q
UTG+1 calls 200, UTG+2 calls 200, 4 folds, Hero ?

What is the best play in this spot guys ?
Is it better to open jam trying to steal the dead money or iso the limpers.

ps: Both limpers have already shown weakness with their limping range.
Jamming is a joke. you have 20 Bigs left so there's certainly no rush.
Limping is just as bed, that is, unless you enjoy facing two players with a 40% hand...

If i'm playing in your spot, i fold this every time. one rule of thumb that many many MTT players forget is, you win tournaments with the hands you fold, NOT the hands you win...

i guess a case could be made for a small raise, but my guess is that one of the two limpers might come along for the ride because its not expensive enough to fold pre. and then you're back with your 40% hand again...

nope. i fold.
Mr.Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #11
cheferlix1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chile
Posts: 72
Re: What is the best play in this spot ?

Just fold and make your life easy. People don┤t open limp with 16bb with air.
cheferlix1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online