***Neither Twoplustwo.com, its moderators, nor the moderators of this forum take responsibility for transactions in these forums. Twoplustwo.com does not endorse any poster and all purchases are made at your own risk.***
Welcome to the new 2+2 Marketplace. The Marketplace Group includes the main forum and several subforums. The rules and policies outlined here are universal to all of them, and please note there is a brief rules sticky for each subforum where special rules are needed.
Do you see a thread that needs attention? You've sold out, bought all you need, got a stake, or for some other reason need to have your thread marked **CLOSED** or **SOLD**? Made a mistake or changed your mind about something and need your title and/or post changed? See someone trolling? Scam in progress? Something else that needs our attention? Reporting the relevant post
is much more effective than PMing a couple mods, because all
mods of these forums are notified. When in doubt,
We reserve the right to deny or revoke Marketplace privileges to any poster associated with questionable behavior or activity, past or present, on-site or off.
Permission to Start Threads
In order to start a new thread anywhere in the Marketplace Group you must:
Step 1) Have an active 2+2 account in good standing
, which has been registered on twoplustwo for no less than six full months
and has activated private messaging
[Note: You need to have all three - NO EXCEPTIONS. PERIOD.
The marketplace is here as a free service for regular 2+2 posters - if you have 10 posts in the last two years, or 3 in the last 6 months, or all of your posts are in transfer threads or are low content posts that appear to be made to boost your post count, you'll probably be denied and asked to reapply in a month or two after you've had more activity. We don't need you to be making 10 posts a day, but some kind of sign that you're not just here for the free marketplace is what we're looking for. Sorry, we can't give you an exact number of posts that you need to have in an exact number of days - this standard is admittedly somewhat subjective.
Step 2) READ THE RULES BELOW, especially the part regarding Prohibited Items.
Step 3) Go to your user CONTROL PANEL and request access to the Marketplace forum.
If for some reason the link doesn't take you directly to the correct page, you need to choose "Group Memberships" on the menu on the left in "Your Control Panel".
If you've done this you are expected to have done Step 2.
Approval may take up to a week, or even longer occasionally
- this depends on our schedules, the number of other applicants to review, and how hard we have to look at some of the applicants. You can check your profile and see whether or not you have Marketplace approval. If you don't do step 3 we'll never see your request, and if you don't have 6 months you'll be ignored.
Prohibited Items & Topics
Do NOT start threads--or post about--any of these in any Marketplace forum. If you feel there should be an exception in your case, contact us first. We are especially vigilant regarding ebooks, torrents, pirated media, and things of that nature. Ignorance is not an excuse.
- Rakeback and affiliates; such posts belong here.
- Money transfers from one site to another; such posts belong here or here.
- Money transfer services
- Begging/loan-seeking - both the same - not allowed
- Coaching and/or training sites; such threads belong here.
- Posts about trading W$/T$; such posts belong here
- Illegal items. This includes (but is not limited to) illegal copies of books, software, etc and knockoff/replica items that infringe on trademarks. Torrent sites, memberships, etc., are not allowed either.
- Drug Paraphernalia. Yes, we know that pipe might be legal in your state, or that Volcano can be used for other things; it doesn't matter, sorry.
- Weapons. If it's a weapon of any kind, we're probably not going to allow it. Laws differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and we're not going to be able to police that properly.
- Software licenses, e-book activation codes, video game activation keys, video game service accounts like Xbox Live, Steam, etc. We're not going to list every possible thing, but if there's an activation code involved, then it's probably not permitted.
- Hold'em Manager, PokerTracker and similar programs. THESE CANNOT BE BOUGHT OR SOLD HERE. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer, but we're still deleting a fair amount of threads for these.
- Training Site Subscriptions. Same deal, you can't buy or sell them here.
- Poker hand databases and/or datamining services.
- Homework, essays, etc. We're not here to help you cheat.
- Online stores. This forum is not intended for ongoing business ventures or services. This may also apply to posters repeatedly selling the same items to the point that their thread never ends; case-by-case. We do have a Commercial Marketplace forum for such things now (there are fees involved).
- Selling things for others - Account sharing
DO NOT let your buddy use your account to sell shares or items because he is not approved.
Sorry, we're sure your buddy who's only been here for 3 weeks is very trustworthy, and it's great that you're willing to pay up if he rips anyone off, but you still can't start a thread for him.
In general, we hope for a friendly & fair environment for members of 2+2 to do business. In that spirit, please avoid the following:
- Trolling: Abusive posts will not be tolerated, these are completely the wrong forums for that.
- Hijacking: You may not use someone else’s selling thread to try and sell your own goods. If Poster A is selling an Xbox in his thread, don't jump in his thread trying to sell yours (or anything else). It's annoying and inconsiderate.
- Price Moderating: Don’t derail others’ threads with complaints about their selling price. Unless you see something grossly misrepresented, or a used item being sold for well in excess of what it can easily be purchased for new from a major retailer, leave it be.
- Gimmick/multiple accounts: You may not post under multiple accounts anywhere in the Marketplace Group. Understand that we will not distinguish between members of the same household, just as we don’t with regard to people “sharing” poker accounts.
- Account security: Along the same lines as the above, you are reponsible for securing your twoplustwo account. The "my roommate did it" bit is tired.
- The problem of multiple poker site screen names: If you are found to have multiple user names at sites allowing only one, such as FTP and Stars, this will likely lead to a loss of Marketplace access (especially for less established members). While we understand that there are many honest folks with understandable reasons for starting up a new name at some point in the past (privacy, rakeback, etc.) there are also many who go through screen names for less innocent reasons. It's very hard for us to tell one from the other, so if you haven't managed to keep your s/n's private you apply at your own risk. We are not quiet with regard to multiaccounters.
- Excessive thread bumping: You may bump your thread “a few” times, but only if it’s fallen off of the first page. Responding to inquiries within the thread is fine, but please do so judiciously in fairness to others who would like their threads seen as well.
Safe Trading Tips
With some Euro-site exceptions PayPal usage for ANY gambling transactions contravenes their specific rules and is prohibited.
Paypal Frequently Asked Questions - Chargebacks
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy - see #6 re gambling
Paypal User Agreement
Originally Posted by Paypal
If you wish to open a Dispute through PayPal's Online Resolution Center you must do so within 45 Days of making your payment.
Originally Posted by Paypal
If you and the Payment Recipient are unable to come to an agreement, escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days of opening the Dispute. It is your responsibility to keep track of these deadlines.
Always get and keep proofs of delivery in case of a dispute.
Be informed that Paypal transfers designated "GIFT" are NOT reversable even if you do not receive the purchased item.
Avoid the "Gift" designation.
2) The absolute most effective deterrent in protecting yourself is to check out your trading partner before
the transaction. We especially recommend that you Google any identifying screen names or IMs given to you and see if anything pops up. (Hint: Also try their name and the word “scam” in the search terms.).
3) All transaction feedback for the entire Marketplace Group are now centralized in one location in the main forum. Please report good transactions in the Positive Feedback thread, and poor transactions in the Negative Feedback thread.