So, February was a bit of a wash-out, sadly. I've never had such a prolonged period of ugliness. My EV is all out of whack, especially in the late game although that seems to have started to normalize a bit now. My finish distribution when ITM has been so different this month to previously. 13 wins and 17 seconds compared to 23 wins and 9 seconds last month. It's caused me to take a really long look at my game though and I've been studying hard which will hopefully pay off when I stop swinging so much.
I started reading a bit of The Mental Game Of Poker yesterday and I can recognise a lot of the things Jared talks about in myself at the moment. My volume has suffered a lot this month and I've taken quite a few days off where I wouldn't usually because I've been out the night before or whatever but really it just comes from a lack of motivation because I don't want to lose probably.
As mentioned I started my staking deal a week or so back and that's been good. Adrian, my backer, has been awesome and I started mixing 3.5rs and 8s on Wednesday for the first time (you'll see the huge swing at the end of my garph!). Provided my account's not in MU he's allowed me to play any stake 180s I like which is great, though I'll be sticking to 2.5s, 3rs and 8s for a while yet.
During February I've also changed from cascading to stacking. I find it much less tilting playing more tables when you can't see them flashing all over the place. I've also turned off almost all sounds apart from the warning when you go into timebank which I found really helped me keep calm mass-tabling. I play on two 22" screens so have the stack on the left with hotkeys in TN to move table to four slots tiled in the right hand screen when there's a hand I want to see or a final table.
Ok, so GOALS
• Volume – I wasn't too far off this and nearly completed 2k games but feel like I could be doing tons more. Next month I want to crack 2500 games.
• Moving Up – I've just started mixing 50% 3r/8s so I want to see how that goes in March. I'd love to be playing these exclusively by the end of the month.
• Profit – February was MILES off and very disappointing but I feel like I played well mostly and this was out of my hands. In March I really must make $2k.
• Bankroll – I’d like to playing off my own roll towards the end of the year.
• Updates - Hopefully this month I'll have happier news. This thread hasn't been very popular really but I'm gonna start crushing again in March and people like winners!
• Get (semi) fit –NOTHING. I WILL be doing something about this in March.
• Keep a good poker/life balance – This probably hasn't been too great. I've been on life tilt through February, stressing about money etc. Have been relatively active though. Not sure what to report here. Need to think about it. Would definitely be good to have the Brighton 2+2ers meet up though.
Ok, so below are garphs and stats for the month. Please let me know if it's too much or not enough - if there's anything else you're interested in seeing.
Due some massive heat so LET'S GO MARCH!!!!
FEBRUARY COINFLIPS (POST-ANTE)