Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #126
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Got it all back today. Hands finally held, idiots didn't hit their draws.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #127
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Took the night off because it's just so damn hot and I felt tired after my workout. Halfway through he month and i'm 15k hands. Don't think I'll hit my goal of 40k, but I'm getting a lot of volume in.

2nd week graph:


2nd week stats: Why do I run so bad at 50NL?
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #128
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Yea ran really bad. Gonna take a few days off. Just unbelievable BS things, set mining on 3 bet pots, flopping the nuts and giving me 2nd nuts on river like wow. Getting the most unkind flops on 3 bet pots with QQ KK or AK just yea. Down almost 300, basically almost wiping out my gains for the month. Might even take the month off until I refocus or get motivated again.

Last edited by TheStuntman; 09-16-2014 at 11:52 PM.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #129
bm303
old hand
 
bm303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,934
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuntman View Post
Yea ran really bad. Gonna take a few days off. Just unbelievable BS things, set mining on 3 bet pots, flopping the nuts and giving me 2nd nuts on river like wow. Getting the most unkind flops on 3 bet pots with QQ KK or AK just yea. Down almost 300, basically almost wiping out my gains for the month. Might even take the month off until I refocus or get motivated again.
Take some time off, get some sun and come back in a week. You'll be refreshed and tilt-free.

Are you playing out of your bankroll? Usually when I tilt I move up in stakes and then either win it back fast or get into big trouble. I no longer do this since if I catch myself tilting I leave the computer and come back the next day. Also, playing stakes even too low for your bankroll might help you reduce tilt.

Come back when your head is clear.
bm303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #130
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

No I had a 1.7k roll playing 2 tables each at 50 and 25 zone. I was tilted but man I ran incredibly bad post flop. QQ I get a K or an A on flop, KK same deal with ace on the flop. I had aa and flop was J63 rainbow of course OR had 66 for a flopped set. AK, T high rainbow flop with JJ calling me down. Doesn't help I think these idiots are floating me with crap and I try to bluff them off. Need to stop bluffing and need to give them credit. Just really bad variance I'm hoping.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #131
spacehippie
old hand
 
spacehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: lost in space
Posts: 1,246
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Your mindset in these posts is def troubling. There are just stretches of thousands of hands that are going to be break even or even slightly losing even on a soft site like Bovada.

If you can't smile and shake them off then you should take a break. If you can't work through the tilt issues the problem is just going to come right back when you hit the tables again and hit a rough patch.

I'm not one to tell someone how to use their thread, but just posting negative thoughts about beats and bad run seems like a way to keep in that negative mindset. Posting hh's on interesting spots with your thoughts on v's and back and forth from posters seems much more constructive.
spacehippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #132
bef99hwk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,266
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

I tried 10k hands worth at 50nl and below, both zone and not. Had the same things you described happen to me...and I ended up giving up to go to other sites. I really calmed down my bluffing, as it appears it's always into the nuts. Pretty annoying what you have to do at lower stakes in order to achieve a winrate. Maybe it's different higher where people fold a tad more, but I'll never know. Site is a huge joke.

For spacehippie, you can't shake this stuff off when it's literally every hand or every other hand. You are literally getting robbed of money by playing on this site.

Just looked at my HEM when I left, 13.5k hands:

100nl: 324 hands, -$53, EV -$79
100nl zone: 200 hands, -$74, +5 EV
50nl, mainly 6m: 6300 hands, -$98, -$38 EV
25 Zone: 2100 hands, -$84, -$2 EV
25 NL 6m: 4100 hands, -$32, -37 EV
10 Zone: 425 hands, -$16, -$2 EV

My graph is a trainwreck. Mosly from a mixture of the following: barreling until raised with value hands, then folding; checking weakish hands until I could safely value without them getting there, or turning/rivering the 2nd nuts and paying off dumbly. Granted, I probably sucked, but when your EV line has been above your green line from the start, meh, no thanks.

Last edited by bef99hwk; 09-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.
bef99hwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #133
LoudPacquiao
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,332
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bef99hwk View Post
I tried 10k hands worth at 50nl and below, both zone and not. Had the same things you described happen to me...and I ended up giving up to go to other sites. I really calmed down my bluffing, as it appears it's always into the nuts. Pretty annoying what you have to do at lower stakes in order to achieve a winrate. Maybe it's different higher where people fold a tad more, but I'll never know. Site is a huge joke.

For spacehippie, you can't shake this stuff off when it's literally every hand or every other hand. You are literally getting robbed of money by playing on this site.
on any site if u play enough u will run terrible. its poker. doesnt matter if u play SNG , cash, MTT. even the biggest inners will have stretches of BE or losings play. its how u get thru these will determine if u cam beat the game. also review ur hands. u will find a lot of bad beats could have been avouided or u could have lost less. Our human mind isnt programmed to lose continually even when we make good decisions. it seems unfair. but there is no fair. its all mumbers. flip a coin 10,000 times. there will b stretches of 6 straight heads, or 10/16 tails. **** happens. if ur opponent has 25% equity he iz ENTITLED to it. out of 100 times u will lose 25 ON AVERAGE. but yet everytine u lose this hand u will feel wronged and cheated. u may lose 33, may only lose 15. it evens out in the end.

u have to plau thru it and trust in making right decisions. its not about winning n losing. if u make right decisions eventually you still show a profit.
LoudPacquiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #134
LoudPacquiao
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,332
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

and 10k hands is NOTHING. i have ran bad for 10 and breakeven for longer than that. please understand 10k hands is a WEEK for majority of serious grinders. if u play Zoom/Zone 10k hands is even less meaningful.
LoudPacquiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #135
spacehippie
old hand
 
spacehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: lost in space
Posts: 1,246
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bef99hwk View Post

Just looked at my HEM when I left, 13.5k hands:

100nl: 324 hands, -$53, EV -$79
100nl zone: 200 hands, -$74, +5 EV
50nl, mainly 6m: 6300 hands, -$98, -$38 EV
25 Zone: 2100 hands, -$84, -$2 EV
25 NL 6m: 4100 hands, -$32, -37 EV
10 Zone: 425 hands, -$16, -$2 EV
If i am looking at this correctly you lost about 3 bi total of EV over 13K hands. That is not that bad man. On I Poker i was 18 bi under ev in 30K hands and at the same time i was 10bi under EV over 17K hands at Intertops. I'm not sure what your mad about tbh....

On Bovada my last 15K hands has been break even and while running EV the setups and card distribution has been crap. Even with that 15K hand stretch I am still like 12bb/100 at the 25NL zone games. The money is there to be made if you can handle the swings.

I've only been there for about 35K hands total so far so obv that still isn't my true win rate.

Last edited by spacehippie; 09-17-2014 at 01:32 PM.
spacehippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #136
runruled
newbie
 
runruled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

What do you think is the biggest difference between 10NL and 25NL on Bovada zoom? ive noticed no difference in the players from 5NL to 10NL, but the one or two times ive played 25NL I feel like I got 3bet so much more often.. Would like your take.
runruled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #137
bef99hwk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,266
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacehippie View Post
If i am looking at this correctly you lost about 3 bi total of EV over 13K hands. That is not that bad man. On I Poker i was 18 bi under ev in 30K hands and at the same time i was 10bi under EV over 17K hands at Intertops. I'm not sure what your mad about tbh....
LOL @ running EV the whole time for a month at 50nl and below on one of the softest sites in the world...that's what I am upset about. I had like 2 days where I was on a heater, and that was from one game where I'd lose at the other....i.e. win 40 big bets at 1/2 stud8, blow it all at 50nl beats. My final tally was -357 overall, -153 EV. Even if I stuck to playing 50nl, that would take 2 months to dig out of that hole on that site running pretty well.
bef99hwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #138
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Yea I should probably stop with the negative mindset. Having thought it over I need to be more patient and just play a solid game of poker. Last night was literally Murphy's Law for me, just seemed like everyone was hitting everything against me. Maybe I'm overthinking spots and that everyone is trying to "outplay" me. I should just focus in playing solid poker. I just hate the fact that I'm possibly being outplayed or folding the better hand.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #139
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runruled View Post
What do you think is the biggest difference between 10NL and 25NL on Bovada zoom? ive noticed no difference in the players from 5NL to 10NL, but the one or two times ive played 25NL I feel like I got 3bet so much more often.. Would like your take.
I don't think there's too much of a difference from 10 NL to 25 NL. A little more likely you run into more competent players at 25 NL but not by very much. Maybe it feels like you're getting 3 bet more often at 25 NL but it could just be small sample size issues.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #140
bef99hwk
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,266
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runruled View Post
What do you think is the biggest difference between 10NL and 25NL on Bovada zoom? ive noticed no difference in the players from 5NL to 10NL, but the one or two times ive played 25NL I feel like I got 3bet so much more often.. Would like your take.
PPL call wayyyyyyyyy more often at 10 zoom. 25nl is pud. If they 3bet you, they more than likely have it...just like any other game. Rarely are you getting bluffed at all on this site; although, reviewing some hands with the converter I did get bluffed a few times---mainly from the non optimal bluff lines that didn't make sense from idiots. But, these aren't really anything to worry about, as they are pretty pathetic at poker. Like sometimes they c/c 1 overcard to board, then just spastically lead the turn when it is a higher card then flop. or do the same with lowest pair on board. Just hit the nuts, pray you get paid and not outdrawn, and profit. That's what I've been told and didn't have any luck.
bef99hwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #141
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

I won 400 dollars on the weekly 5k freeroll that they're running for the super bowl promotion. I got 4th.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #142
spacehippie
old hand
 
spacehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: lost in space
Posts: 1,246
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

How many people were in that? I never even look for the free roles :/
Are they once a week? Congrats on the score. Sick RB % you have now
spacehippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #143
bm303
old hand
 
bm303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,934
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuntman View Post
I won 400 dollars on the weekly 5k freeroll that they're running for the super bowl promotion. I got 4th.
Wow.... this was tonight?
bm303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #144
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacehippie View Post
How many people were in that? I never even look for the free roles :/
Are they once a week? Congrats on the score. Sick RB % you have now
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
Wow.... this was tonight?
There were about 140 people and it paid 42. Min cash was 27.50 and 1st was 1050 I think.

It's for the poker bowl promo they're having until super bowl week. My division is the one that won the weekly ticket for the free roll.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #145
bm303
old hand
 
bm303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,934
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuntman View Post
There were about 140 people and it paid 42. Min cash was 27.50 and 1st was 1050 I think.

It's for the poker bowl promo they're having until super bowl week. My division is the one that won the weekly ticket for the free roll.
Wow, nice.

So, assuming your division wins, you still have to get the weekly promo cleared to get the ticket, right? You can't just not play and get the ticket for your team winning, right?
bm303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #146
Chip Wynn
enthusiast
 
Chip Wynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Grandma's house
Posts: 78
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
I bluff all the time on Bovada. You just have to overbet the pot all-in on the river when your opponent checks to you. The success rate on bluffs in those spots is huge. Of course once you make this play even once, you have to be cautious that someone is gonna check the nuts to you later. Oh yeah and you have to have some real big balls to put 500 bucks out there to win a 200 pot. Especially when a 200 dollar bet might get called and 500 is just too much for the other guy. Hand 2906667935 ring games on bovada. Look it up. I had KQ and bluffed all in on the river because I knew the other guy couldn't have a great hand and would have to fold. Hand 2923901772. I had pocket fives and knew that wasn't good, but since he checked on the river he wasn't going to call a 2x pot size all in. Easy pickup.

Last edited by Chip Wynn; 09-20-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Chip Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #147
thenewbigmack
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: learning the game
Posts: 207
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Wynn View Post
I bluff all the time on Bovada. You just have to overbet the pot all-in on the river when your opponent checks to you. The success rate on bluffs in those spots is huge. Of course once you make this play even once, you have to be cautious that someone is gonna check the nuts to you later. Oh yeah and you have to have some real big balls to put 500 bucks out there to win a 200 pot. Especially when a 200 dollar bet might get called and 500 is just too much for the other guy. Hand 2906667935 ring games on bovada. Look it up. I had KQ and bluffed all in on the river because I knew the other guy couldn't have a great hand and would have to fold. Hand 2923901772. I had pocket fives and knew that wasn't good, but since he checked on the river he wasn't going to call a 2x pot size all in. Easy pickup.
You're attempting to brag in this post, and it's not something to brag about. If the guy won't have a good hand, then make a 2/3 or pot size bet, it will accomplish the same result. Shoving all in will get you smashed in the end, but feel free to continue your path to destruction
thenewbigmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #148
Abe Schmuckfeld
banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 764
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Wynn View Post
I bluff all the time on Bovada. You just have to overbet the pot all-in on the river when your opponent checks to you. The success rate on bluffs in those spots is huge. Of course once you make this play even once, you have to be cautious that someone is gonna check the nuts to you later. Oh yeah and you have to have some real big balls to put 500 bucks out there to win a 200 pot. Especially when a 200 dollar bet might get called and 500 is just too much for the other guy. Hand 2906667935 ring games on bovada. Look it up. I had KQ and bluffed all in on the river because I knew the other guy couldn't have a great hand and would have to fold. Hand 2923901772. I had pocket fives and knew that wasn't good, but since he checked on the river he wasn't going to call a 2x pot size all in. Easy pickup.
lol I was doing this stuff in 2009 get over yourself dude ... you aren't doing anything groundbreaking
Abe Schmuckfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #149
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
Wow, nice.

So, assuming your division wins, you still have to get the weekly promo cleared to get the ticket, right? You can't just not play and get the ticket for your team winning, right?
You don't have to reach the requirement, you're division just has to win in order for you to get the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Wynn View Post
I bluff all the time on Bovada. You just have to overbet the pot all-in on the river when your opponent checks to you. The success rate on bluffs in those spots is huge. Of course once you make this play even once, you have to be cautious that someone is gonna check the nuts to you later. Oh yeah and you have to have some real big balls to put 500 bucks out there to win a 200 pot. Especially when a 200 dollar bet might get called and 500 is just too much for the other guy. Hand 2906667935 ring games on bovada. Look it up. I had KQ and bluffed all in on the river because I knew the other guy couldn't have a great hand and would have to fold. Hand 2923901772. I had pocket fives and knew that wasn't good, but since he checked on the river he wasn't going to call a 2x pot size all in. Easy pickup.
I think about doing this, but you never know in Bovada when someone will just call you with top pair/middle pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbigmack View Post
You're attempting to brag in this post, and it's not something to brag about. If the guy won't have a good hand, then make a 2/3 or pot size bet, it will accomplish the same result. Shoving all in will get you smashed in the end, but feel free to continue your path to destruction
The same reasoning why I don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Schmuckfeld View Post
lol I was doing this stuff in 2009 get over yourself dude ... you aren't doing anything groundbreaking
Ahh the good ole days.

Anyways, weekend update. Played cash on Saturday and Sunday and lost about 10 bucks. My opponents set mined and I flopped tptk and couldn't get away.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #150
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,256
Re: Moving up and grinding a decent roll on Bovada. Possibly future career?

Wow Today must be reverse equity day today cuz apparently gut shots are 75% proposition against me, and you'll get great river cards against me as well. Ridiculous bull going on. In before rigged.
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online