Originally Posted by holmfries
All in all in CAZ was a nice room and really OK players and dealers. My only complaint was the smoking right outside the poker room. Unfortunate to pass through every time I went to the bathroom.
The cast of characters was pretty entertaining:
- Harold the poker host who I think played 5 hands in 5 hours
- The grizzled older lady who apparently has been running bad forever. She four bet QQ vs. my KK and couldn't fathom losing
- The dude with the gigantic manboobs. He was terrible and I can't emphasize how big those knockers were. Like DDs. We played a kill pot where I capped AA pf, he flopped a set and got all in otf while talking the whole time about how strong his hand was. I build a decent side pot and then someone catches runner runner flush.
- The Indian dude that played 80% of hands. I was up two racks and running like god at first. He leaned over to me and said something like "if I can't control the table, I won't play". Then he cracked my AA with T8o in a massive kill pot.
- Jim the older dude who apparently hated money and always bluffed. He should play NL.
There were more, but that was the highlights. Nice place.
I'm sorry that I missed you but I don't want to leave you thinking that I didn't try to meet up. I 'HF'd?' a few times at the 20 and didn't see any orange polos in the 8-16.
Poker host is uncomfortable in LHE. He was waiting for the 0/8. Manboob guy got me to fold KK by calling my 3 from the SB and donking the A hi flop into 5 ppl w/ what turned out to be middle pair. Of course that means I will raise next time and he will have a Royal. Rest of them are standard, all replaceable by the normal cast of characters.