Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
who to bluff

Flop came Q75 two spades...turn was a 4c, river was 2spades. I check raised a guy and he called with a Str8! I mean any spade beats him and he calls. Point is some people you can't bluff. Some are too bad and some are too good. You want to find the people in between. You can tell who they are, they play ABC poker, don't limp often, and make SNAP folds. In fact, if you're reading this you're probably one of them lmao. But look for someone who is trying to play the game right and when time is right take a shot at the guy...He is in lead, on flop, on turn, and bottom card pairs on river...if its just you and him... check raise. Another great spot is when the 4th card of a suit falls...check raise is REALLY strong here. (obviously,don't check raise the lil old lady, but the young kid with the hat and sunglasses, lol...)...I'm sure some of you 4/8 players are in here and rarely say anything and I don't blame you. Try it, but do so sparingly, pick your spots and when its right don't be afraid to take a shot at the guy or girl lol.
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
SetofJacks
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,900
Re: who to bluff

Super informative and useful post as always.

Edit: What's a str8? Is that anything like a straight? Or perhaps a strait? Is it an 8-high straight and therefore a streight? And the board that you presented only has 3 spades by the end not 4.
SetofJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 8,742
Re: who to bluff

With 3 spades on board not any spade beats him. Very few players would fold a straight to a checkraise there, and almost none at 4/8. If it really were 4 spades on board, most 4/8 players would probably check behind with their straight.
chillrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
DonkeyOnTilt
grinder
 
DonkeyOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CP 20/40 playing like a tagfish
Posts: 668
Re: who to bluff

Nobody I play with would ever fold a straight in the hand presented nor should they.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
DonkeyOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
With 3 spades on board not any spade beats him. Very few players would fold a straight to a checkraise there, and almost none at 4/8. If it really were 4 spades on board, most 4/8 players would probably check behind with their straight.
at work and in hurry..there were 4 spades by river
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetofJacks View Post
Super informative and useful post as always.

Edit: What's a str8? Is that anything like a straight? Or perhaps a strait? Is it an 8-high straight and therefore a streight? And the board that you presented only has 3 spades by the end not 4.
what do you think a straight is genius? lmao and given the situation does it matter if its an 8 high str8 or broadway....NO..smh.
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyOnTilt View Post
Nobody I play with would ever fold a straight in the hand presented nor should they.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Would your reply change if there were 4 spades by river not 3? you have a Str8 two red cards...and four spades on board and you get check raised..and ur calling?
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #8
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
With 3 spades on board not any spade beats him. Very few players would fold a straight to a checkraise there, and almost none at 4/8. If it really were 4 spades on board, most 4/8 players would probably check behind with their straight.


It was and while most players would check there..this guy didn't he bet and got check raised and made a crying call with a str8. (2 red cards). Hence, you can't bluff horrible people. And this info wasn't really for any of you 20/40 pro/fish? was for the 4/8 ers looking for a lil advice.
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #9
SetofJacks
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,900
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
Would your reply change if there were 4 spades by river not 3? you have a Str8 two red cards...and four spades on board and you get check raised..and ur calling?
Yes because people donk their flushes.
A c/r in this spot is a bluff like 90% of the time.

Except that I still don't know what a str8 is. But I do like posting in this 4m.
SetofJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #10
DonkeyOnTilt
grinder
 
DonkeyOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CP 20/40 playing like a tagfish
Posts: 668
Re: who to bluff

I don't think people bet into 4 flush board intending to fold to raises. You can argue whether or not his bet was appropriate but if i bet I'd probably call a check raise because as setofjacks said, I'd expect the average 4/8 player to donk a rivered flush.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
DonkeyOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
Man of Means
Pooh-Bah
 
Man of Means's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: decaf
Posts: 4,336
Re: who to bluff

Does this usually work?
Man of Means is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #12
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

[U][I][B]Yes because people donk their flushes.

Not when someone else is in the lead and most likely to bet or in this case when 4th spade falls on river..most people go for check raises..at 4/8.

A c/r in this spot is a bluff like 90% of the time.
4th spade falls on river and you bet in late position because you 20/40 fish/pros like to bet/fold LMAO and get check raised and 90% of time its a BLUFF???? at 4/8???? you sound like an idiot!

Except that I still don't know what a str8 is. But I do like posting in this 4m

4m = forum .. are you REALLY to stupid to c that str8 - straight? My guess is u r. Oh, I'm sorry..you are lmao.
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #13
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

I don't think people bet into 4 flush board intending to fold to raises

They do alllll the time and see that's my point about 4/8 players taking advice from people who don't play the game...YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT! They lead out all the time when it gets checked around to them..most of time its a thin value bet with a Jack or Queen, or 10.

because as setofjacks said, I'd expect the average 4/8 player to donk a rivered flush.

Did I suggest trying this with an average 4/8 player? NO! , reread and educate yourself.
but..and once again this is for my fellow 4/8ers out there lurking lookin for advice. If you find yourself in early position and 4th card of suit falls and it checks around to fishy young guy with hat on backwards or hell anyone except the lil old lady(nit) and they lead a check raise is profitable. But hey don' listen to me, just tryin to help.
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #14
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Means View Post
Does this usually work?
I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't! speaking from experience not conjecture. Not guessing at how 4/8 players do this or that...REMEMBER I'm the 4/8 expert, and yes that label has been tossed around more as an insult, but I take it as a compliment! I CLEARLY know more about 4/8 then anyone in here...NOW, that might not be a great thing, but its the TRUTH.

So you're sitting at a 4/8 table on button, river brings 4th card of a suit...checks around to you...you bet and get check raised...you have 2 red cards...4 spades on board...and you ....CALL????????
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #15
dead.money
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 115
Re: who to bluff

better get my responses out before I get banned again for insulting people LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
dead.money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 17,685
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
REMEMBER I'm the 4/8 expert ... I CLEARLY know more about 4/8 then anyone in here.
So why did you make a thread?
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
SetofJacks
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,900
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post

4m = forum .. are you REALLY to stupid to c that str8 - straight? My guess is u r. Oh, I'm sorry..you are lmao.
That's the joke.
SetofJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #18
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 17,685
Re: who to bluff

I think the TV show "24" has/had a fan site called the 24m.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #19
Montrealcorp
Pooh-Bah
 
Montrealcorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,056
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
Flop came Q75 two spades...turn was a 4c, river was 2spades. I check raised a guy and he called with a Str8! I mean any spade beats him and he calls. Point is some people you can't bluff. Some are too bad and some are too good. You want to find the people in between. You can tell who they are, they play ABC poker, don't limp often, and make SNAP folds. In fact, if you're reading this you're probably one of them lmao. But look for someone who is trying to play the game right and when time is right take a shot at the guy...He is in lead, on flop, on turn, and bottom card pairs on river...if its just you and him... check raise. Another great spot is when the 4th card of a suit falls...check raise is REALLY strong here. (obviously,don't check raise the lil old lady, but the young kid with the hat and sunglasses, lol...)...I'm sure some of you 4/8 players are in here and rarely say anything and I don't blame you. Try it, but do so sparingly, pick your spots and when its right don't be afraid to take a shot at the guy or girl lol.
Seriously OP, if a player would fold a hand as strong as a straight on 3 flush card card , you should c/r bluff any 2 card and win a lot of moneys .
The fold would be much more terrible than a call .

If you bet a straight on a 4 fourth card with a straight for thin value, it is a crying call.
If it is a mistake as a crying call it is a very marginal one.
Not a huge mistake like you seem to think.

Of course lot of other factors can come into play ( like 1 card straight, bottom straight, villain is a nit, BVB or UTG vs another strong range, etc.) that would tip this's into a clear bet/fold but generically it ain't that bad.

Last edited by Montrealcorp; 05-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Montrealcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #20
gr26
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Murmansk
Posts: 107
Re: who to bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
Some are too bad and some are too good. You want to find the people in between. You can tell who they are, they play ABC poker
You cant beat too bad players, right? they too unpredictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
and bottom card pairs on river...if its just you and him... check raise.
my rule: never bluff on paired boards. But maybe it's different live
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.money View Post
better get my responses out before I get banned again for insulting people LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
you too emotional. Just wait a day before answering at once.
gr26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online