Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #51
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,259
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

I'd want to see your raise first in (RFI) stats to really judge. BTN VPIP looks low to me.
jdr0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #52
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317 View Post
I'd want to see your raise first in (RFI) stats to really judge. BTN VPIP looks low to me.
I don't think Drive HUD provides actual RFI stats, but I can calculate my RFI based on my opening standards as follows.

RFI:

EP 13.27%
HJ 18.36%
CO 30.69%
BT 36.86%
SB 58.3%
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #53
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,259
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

BTN is still way too tight. I open ~44% and I'm viewed as somewhat nitty.
jdr0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #54
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317 View Post
BTN is still way too tight. I open ~44% and I'm viewed as somewhat nitty.
I'll make some adjustments to my standards. The other positions seem okay?
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #55
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317 View Post
BTN is still way too tight. I open ~44% and I'm viewed as somewhat nitty.
Point of clarification:

When we say a player's RFI is 44% on the BTN, which do we mean?

44% of the 169 possible suited, non-suited, or paired hands (which would be 74 of the possible hands on a start chart) ...

Or

44% of the 1326 possible combinations (i.e. This gives weight to the different types of hands: for example there are 6 TT, 12 T8o and only 4 T8s hands). Makes a difference. I think it's the latter since the stats measure the % of all hands dealt to you of the 1326 possible 2-card combinations.

Guess I never thought how an equity calculator figures it when we tell it 44% of hands.

To illustrate: All paired hands comprise 13/169 combinations or 7.69% but 6*13/1326 possible two-card hands or 5.89% depending on how you calculate it.

Last edited by KickingWater; 01-24-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Added illustration
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #56
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: <loud whistle> yo
Posts: 8,172
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Without reads on the blinds and with a 100% cbet strategy, I suggest playing somewhat tight like 40%-45% on the button.

With reads on the blinds and with a <100% cbet strategy, I suggest playing somewhat looser like 45%-55% on the button.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #57
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob148 View Post
Without reads on the blinds and with a 100% cbet strategy, I suggest playing somewhat tight like 40%-45% on the button.

With reads on the blinds and with a <100% cbet strategy, I suggest playing somewhat looser like 45%-55% on the button.
Wow, that seems like a lot more that "somewhat" looser. I guess it would make a lot of sense if your read on the blinds is that they fold to a steal too much. But I think you mean more that that when you say "with a read on the blinds."
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #58
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: <loud whistle> yo
Posts: 8,172
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Yeah, I mean with good reads on postflop tendencies we can get way outta line even vs players that call way too much. Put a tighty in the small blind and a standard tagfish in the big blind and I'm probably opening 75% or so.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #59
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob148 View Post
Yeah, I mean with good reads on postflop tendencies we can get way outta line even vs players that call way too much. Put a tighty in the small blind and a standard tagfish in the big blind and I'm probably opening 75% or so.
Am I correct that such a broad range opens us up to exploitation, and if the blinds adjust to exploit us we have to pull back a bit? If I were the blind and someone was doing this to me, I'd want to punish them with lots of 3-betting.
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #60
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: <loud whistle> yo
Posts: 8,172
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Most definitely. Thankfully most players are set in their ways. Tight passive personalities have a particularly hard time loosening up imo.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #61
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickingWater View Post
I don't think Drive HUD provides actual RFI stats,
In fairness to DriveHUD (and I do very much enjoy their product), I have to correct myself. They do provide these stats by different name so I didn't recognize them. I think they call them UOPFRxx% (Un-Opened Preflop Raise where xx designates Position).
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #62
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,052
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickingWater View Post
I don't think Drive HUD provides actual RFI stats, but I can calculate my RFI based on my opening standards as follows.



RFI:



EP 13.27%

HJ 18.36%

CO 30.69%

BT 36.86%

SB 58.3%


CO looks good. HJ is ok. BTN could be 10-15% wider. EP could be 5-7% wider.
rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #63
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
CO looks good. HJ is ok. BTN could be 10-15% wider. EP could be 5-7% wider.
EP is trending upward. This month now showing 17.8%. I've adjusted my standards from BTN so that should show drastic movement over the next month.

I started at RFI EP 13.27% taking Stox's standards as gospel and have not budged from that (yet).

Looks like if I expand EP to 18% as you suggest, I'd have to add hands that include A5s-A8s, Q9s, J9s, KTo-KQo, QTo-QJo. Really? I "feel" okay w/ the Axs and KQo, but off-suit Queens? Just need some reassurance there.

And if EP moves to 18% I suppose my "okay" HJ may need to slide toward 22%-24% or so?

I do have to say, even in just 3k hands, that I'm noticing a great difference being in more pots. Easy to see from this side I was just sitting on the sidelines way too often.
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:20 AM   #64
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,052
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickingWater View Post
EP is trending upward. This month now showing 17.8%. I've adjusted my standards from BTN so that should show drastic movement over the next month.



I started at RFI EP 13.27% taking Stox's standards as gospel and have not budged from that (yet).



Looks like if I expand EP to 18% as you suggest, I'd have to add hands that include A5s-A8s, Q9s, J9s, KTo-KQo, QTo-QJo. Really? I "feel" okay w/ the Axs and KQo, but off-suit Queens? Just need some reassurance there.



And if EP moves to 18% I suppose my "okay" HJ may need to slide toward 22%-24% or so?



I do have to say, even in just 3k hands, that I'm noticing a great difference being in more pots. Easy to see from this side I was just sitting on the sidelines way too often.


I open all of those hands from EP/UTG 6max. My default CO range is 20%. I wouldn't go much beyond that or you could just keep your current CO range and be fine until you're more comfortable.
rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:42 AM   #65
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
I open all of those hands from EP/UTG 6max. My default CO range is 20%. I wouldn't go much beyond that or you could just keep your current CO range and be fine until you're more comfortable.
I assume your 20% is from what I've referred to as HJ and not CO, correct? My CO range is around 30% which you said looks good. HJ is currently just over 18% and if I don't expand it a bit will be the same as my EP.
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:22 AM   #66
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,052
Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickingWater View Post
I assume your 20% is from what I've referred to as HJ and not CO, correct? My CO range is around 30% which you said looks good. HJ is currently just over 18% and if I don't expand it a bit will be the same as my EP.


My default ranges are BTN 50%, CO 30%, HJ 20%, EP/UTG 18%

I mistyped earlier.
rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #67
KickingWater
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho area
Posts: 90
Re: Stats + Results = TAGfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
My default ranges are BTN 50%, CO 30%, HJ 20%, EP/UTG 18%

I mistyped earlier.

This all helps. I'm pretty comfortable with adjustments I've made for now. New target ranges are BTN 46%, CO 33%, HJ 24%, EP 18%. Then there's the SB which I've adjusted to 63% with a favorable BB player behind me, moving up or down depending on the BB.

Sounds like I may be at risk of opening a few too many hands in HJ but I'll see how that goes.
KickingWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online