Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #151
mntbikr15
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,404
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post

i i work 16 hours a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
I'm not lazy.


????
mntbikr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #152
DrVanNostrin
Pooh-Bah
 
DrVanNostrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: treating poker like it's war
Posts: 4,401
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

NOLES321: wow i folded the best hand
NOLES321: wont make that mistake again
DrVanNostrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #153
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
right, ILP may be a better poker player than me,
We'll never know who's the best player is between us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
but i've made 3x as much as him because I'm not lazy.
All the evidence collected by humanity so far points to the conclusion that life is ultimately meaningless. If this is the case, then I think hedonistic laziness is the optimal strategy.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #154
milesdyson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
milesdyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,898
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

yeah i kept it pretty vague to keep your name out of it in case you never posted that. but martina does play poker on AP right?
milesdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #155
DrVanNostrin
Pooh-Bah
 
DrVanNostrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: treating poker like it's war
Posts: 4,401
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Good work all.

ILP should start match.com coaching, imo.
DrVanNostrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #156
Palomino
Pooh-Bah
 
Palomino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,742
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Def hotter than ILP
Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #157
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 25,065
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostrin View Post
Good work all.

ILP should start match.com coaching, imo.

if you want an asian girl, ilp is your connection.

for match.com here's a free time.


thin = skinny
athletic = skinny, or close to it
everything else = fat
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #158
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino View Post
Def hotter than ILP
Yeah she's way hotter than me. Although me and the word hot don't really belong in the same sentence. I don't expect to get a girl in her class ever again. That's ok though. I just hope I can find a girl that will put up with the fact that I'm a very selfish person and I'm too stubborn to change.

The one thing I really liked about Martina was not only did she accept the fact that I played poker (Many girls won't date me cuz of this fact), she actually admired it. Being with someone who admires what you do is pretty neat. My new Asian girlfriend complained all the time when I played poker. I broke it off with her two weeks ago.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #159
milesdyson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
milesdyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,898
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

show the girl your sessions tab in pokertracker imo. and if your response is "i don't want her to know what i make" then that should be the reason you don't date her. because she's a gold digger
milesdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #160
V4P
banned
 
V4P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,998
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

ILP even looks like a 16/13/4.0 nit!
V4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #161
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 25,065
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEPOKER929 View Post
Yeah she's way hotter than me. Although me and the word hot don't really belong in the same sentence. I don't expect to get a girl in her class ever again. That's ok though. I just hope I can find a girl that will put up with the fact that I'm a very selfish person and I'm too stubborn to change.

The one thing I really liked about Martina was not only did she accept the fact that I played poker (Many girls won't date me cuz of this fact), she actually admired it. Being with someone who admires what you do is pretty neat. My new Asian girlfriend complained all the time when I played poker. I broke it off with her two weeks ago.

this seemed relevant to the discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zdGBL0PhJE

the vicki mendosa diagonal obv.
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #162
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4P View Post
ILP even looks like a 16/13/4.0 nit!
As far as I know, I match the profile of a nit in almost every aspect. Young white male. Rarely makes conversation at the table. Never complains. When I play live with TheHip, naturally I'm more conversational and human. When I'm alone I'm invisible. When I first turned professional, I used to 8 table 2-4 on Party. My stats after 100k hands we're 13/8. I can't remember my AF, but I think it was close to 3. My BB/100 was 2.73. I don't even see the word nit as a pejorative term. It's what works for me. I've been an extremely risk averse person all my life. I've never crossed a one way street without looking both ways. But to tell you the truth, when I look in the mirror every day, I don't see a nittag. This is what I see.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #163
NinaWilliams
Pooh-Bah
 
NinaWilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: live poker fml
Posts: 4,527
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEPOKER929 View Post
As far as I know, I match the profile of a nit in almost every aspect. Young white male. Rarely makes conversation at the table. Never complains. When I play live with TheHip, naturally I'm more conversational and human. When I'm alone I'm invisible. When I first turned professional, I used to 8 table 2-4 on Party. My stats after 100k hands we're 13/8. I can't remember my AF, but I think it was close to 3. My BB/100 was 2.73. I don't even see the word nit as a pejorative term. It's what works for me. I've been an extremely risk averse person all my life. I've never crossed a one way street without looking both ways. But to tell you the truth, when I look in the mirror every day, I don't see a nittag. This is what I see.
young white guys are more often than not lagtards.
NinaWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #164
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 25,065
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaWilliams View Post
young white guys are more often than not lagtards.
we live in detroit, there are no lagtards here, just one 15-30 game that runs twice a week
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #165
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostrin View Post
Good work all.

ILP should start match.com coaching, imo.
You know what's funny, I was actually giving 2+2er Madnak some advice in the SMP forum in the "Abuse of Sexual Power and Stalking" thread. I basically outlined to him my dating strategy. I know the same old rhetoric can be found somewhere in the old AP regs thread, but I'll click and paste my post anyways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnak View Post
I've written over a hundred on Craigslist and AFF, the response rate has been abysmal. About 1 in 30, and not leading anywhere.
I agree that response rate is pretty bad and based on that rate alone I will assume that you are average to below average in looks like I am. The only tidbits of advice I have at this point are the strategies I employ myself. Since you seem to be in a similar predicament I will outline to you some ideas I've come up with:

First of all lets assume you want a "cute" girl. (I'll let you define cute anyway you want). One approach that can dramatically increase your chances of getting that cute girl is to look for pockets of inefficiencies in the dating market. Think about cute girls that are not getting their fair share of action/attention. In other words, think about cute girls that guys like Phil153 are less likely to go after. (I assume Phil's hot cuz he talks like a hot guy). For example:

1) Try going after cute girls who have kids. Most Phils will avoid this type of girl since they invariably have more choices.

2) Consider dating outside your race. (I'll assume you're white for sake of discussion) Most white Phils will end up dating white girls. Many non-white girls have strong fetishes for white guys. Thanks to the internet these girls are relatively easy to find. This means you get bonus points just for being white which is a huge plus for an average guy trying to get a cute girl.

3) This is a reiteration of the cougar bar principle. There are cute older women who have fetishes for young guys. Find them and take advantage of the bonus points you get just for being young. Again, the young phils will not bother with this market thus opening up an inefficiency for you to pounce on.

The list can conceivably be much larger than this but the principle is the same. For a below average guy to get an average to above average girl, his best chances are to find an inefficiency in the dating market and exploit it. My last three girlfriends were all Asian chicks who had a strong white guy fetish. This is no accident. They were all hotter than me and I'm certain that if they were white I wouldn't have had a chance with them. I have also dated women who were much older than me or had kids, both of whom were much hotter than me.

Here's one more trick I've perfected with online dating:

4) Write slender chicks with no pics. If a girl is 5'5" 115lbs, odds are she's gonna be cute, but if she has no pic, the Phils of this world are not gonna bother with her. So then you jump in being Mr. Non-Shallow guy who doesn't care about pics and once again you get bonus points just for that act!

There's pockets of inefficiency all over the place. I believe if you fully utilize these pockets, you'll increase your response rate significantly.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #166
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
if you want an asian girl, ilp is your connection.

for match.com here's a free time.


thin = skinny
athletic = skinny, or close to it
everything else = fat
Not trying to be a nit, but this isn't correct imo. In case there are other match.com users I think it's important to delineate this precisely. Here are the choices on Match:

Slender
Athletic and toned
Big and beautiful
A few extra pounds
About average
Curvy
Stocky
Heavyset
Full-figured
Other

Based on my online dating experience, slender = skinny. Anything other than slender = fat. My sample size isn't the greatest, only around 60ish girls over the last 9 years, so it's possible I could be off. The problem I had with your post is you said athletic = skinny or close too it. Like I said before, if they don't say they're slender they're fat. I would call this phenomenon the LAW OF ONLINE DATING. The law of gravity breaks down on the quantum scale, the law of online dating never breaks down. Skinny girls will tell you if they're skinny. They know that's what you want. Every other term is just a euphemism for fat.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #167
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
this seemed relevant to the discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zdGBL0PhJE

the vicki mendosa diagonal obv.
Ha! That was classic! Insta-add to favorites list.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #168
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesdyson View Post
show the girl your sessions tab in pokertracker imo. and if your response is "i don't want her to know what i make" then that should be the reason you don't date her. because she's a gold digger
Martina was the only girl I trusted enough to talk about my earnings/net worth, probably because she made 100K/yr herself so I didn't have to worry about the gold digger part.

Also I disagree about the not dating gold digger thing. An average guy with lots of money can probably get lots of hot (gold digging) girls to date him. The key is to date them, not marry them. He can always look for Ms. Right on the side, while he's having awesome sex in the mean time.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #169
1MoreFish4U
adept
 
1MoreFish4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Above Ground, Mostly
Posts: 795
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEPOKER929 View Post
We'll never know who's the best player is between us.



All the evidence collected by humanity so far points to the conclusion that life is ultimately meaningless. If this is the case, then I think hedonistic laziness is the optimal strategy.

= wisdom
1MoreFish4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:55 AM   #170
waffle
Pooh-Bah
 
waffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,669
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
this seemed relevant to the discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zdGBL0PhJE

the vicki mendosa diagonal obv.
Anyone else notice at the end he drew most of the circles in the wrong places? :P
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 AM   #171
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,955
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Anyone else notice at the end he drew most of the circles in the wrong places? :P
I watched it like 3 times. I don't get what you're talking about. It looks right to me.
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #172
Martina
centurion
 
Martina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Paradise City
Posts: 131
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino View Post
Def hotter than ILP
That has always been the strategy so you don't get upstaged. But nice meeting everybody in this forum. BTW, where is my buddies Gem and Noles???
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #173
noles321
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 973
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
That has always been the strategy so you don't get upstaged. But nice meeting everybody in this forum. BTW, where is my buddies Gem and Noles???
Martina,

I am here still waiting for us to get together and explore your unlimited supply orgasms.
noles321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #174
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 25,065
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Anyone else notice at the end he drew most of the circles in the wrong places? :P
i think you suck at math waffle


she's lots ten pounds, she moves back on the "hot" side.

she stabs him with a fork, she moves way into the crazy side.

then she gets a boob job, back to the hot side of the line.
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #175
GiantBuddha
Pooh-Bah
 
GiantBuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Earth. For now.
Posts: 4,846
Re: ***Official Absolute Poker/UltimateBet Regs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Anyone else notice at the end he drew most of the circles in the wrong places? :P
Yes. Everytime she got "hotter" his circle simply moved backwards along the x-axis (indicating less crazy) wherease it should have moved up the y-axis (hotter). The way he drew it, she was actually less crazy instead of hotter. Still, funny and true. I've always found myself drawn to the upper right hand corner of the graph, though.
GiantBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online