Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Commercial Software

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 977
TableScan Turbo

This is the support thread for TableScan Turbo, which is table selection software.

Last edited by Bobo Fett; 06-22-2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: subject update, and edited OP by request.
Zandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Pooh-Bah
 
kidpokeher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Looks nice. Please tell me my firewall is not going to raise objections (i.e. is my network monitor going to show it's attempting to phone home or send/receive data?)

One suggestion - player details, specifically in the player behaviour window it might be nice to show the number of times player faced each particular scenario as we may not want to give much weight to the numbers if they've only happened a couple times. I really like your idea of keeping the scans *fast* so I hope you're not bogged down with suggestions that slow down the client.
kidpokeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 977
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpokeher View Post
Looks nice. Please tell me my firewall is not going to raise objections (i.e. is my network monitor going to show it's attempting to phone home or send/receive data?)

One suggestion - player details, specifically in the player behaviour window it might be nice to show the number of times player faced each particular scenario as we may not want to give much weight to the numbers if they've only happened a couple times. I really like your idea of keeping the scans *fast* so I hope you're not bogged down with suggestions that slow down the client.
When you first start the software, it reads an xml file on my website to ensure that you are running the latest version. If you are not, it will ask you to update. It also posts a unique registration key(based on your hard drive's serial #) to the website, which I will use to verify registration in the future.

Otherwise, there is absolutely no sending or receiving of data. I can assure you it is completely safe to use, but please run any network monitors/diagnostic tools you have and ensure that it's safe, and feel free to post your results here. As you said, it would be very easy to detect.

Also, thanks for your suggestion, I will use it. I have neglected the player details window so far, but I have a lot more planned for it. There will be some big improvements/additions coming soon, but scan speed will always be my top priority.
Zandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Pooh-Bah
 
meleader2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,086
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

so what does ur software offer that spadeeye does not?
meleader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

i think its similar. But it works great though, I have tried it. you can double click a player and tabel is opened for you. nice
DrKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

I have suggestion. It would be a cool feature if yoo could make a sort of hud with this software. For example, after a search through the tables in the lobby a number shows up next to the player on the tables I'm player which says how many tables all the other players are playing.
DrKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 977
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meleader2 View Post
so what does ur software offer that spadeeye does not?
Well, scans should be about 4-5x faster for most people, and it is multi-threaded, so you can scan multiple poker sites at the same time, and it won't freeze up on you during the scan, so you are able to easily use the software and open tables while scanning.

I also tried to make it easier to find the weakest players and tables with a feature I'm calling "Fish Definitions". It automatically assigns certain player types as "fish" based on their statistics and puts a fish icon next to their name, so you can sort the fishiest players to the top of the player list, and you can sort the table list by how many fish are sitting at the tables (illustrated in the OP screenshot). This makes finding the best tables really fast and easy, and you can adjust the fish definitions to your liking (if you don't like the defaults).

There is also another window you can open by right clicking on a player called "Player Details", that shows you more statistics, and their biggest hands which went to show down.

Another new feature is a filter I made called "My Open Tables" which you can use to scan the tables you have open, which I think is very useful.

You will also find that the PokerStars scan (which uses optical character recognition) reads player names more accurately than other table selection software.

There are a lot of little fail-safes in the program that I put in to try to make it perfect. For example, even though it is selecting tables very quickly, it should never miss the players at a table -- if it does miss the players at a table, which is rare, it will reselect the table and read the players again. There are a lot more little details like this which most people will probably not even notice, but what you should notice is that it works very seamlessly.

I initially created this program for myself and my friends, because I was frustrated with the speed/usability of the other table selection tools. My main goals were to make it as fast as possible, and as easy as possible, but along the way I've added a lot of unique features and tools that I think are very useful, and there are more to come. I could say a lot more, but I would just suggest giving it a try and seeing the differences firsthand.
Zandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 977
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKK View Post
I have suggestion. It would be a cool feature if yoo could make a sort of hud with this software. For example, after a search through the tables in the lobby a number shows up next to the player on the tables I'm player which says how many tables all the other players are playing.
Thanks for your suggestion, I have actually had this idea for a while. It would be a pretty big project so I probably will not be doing it in the near future, but I will definitely think about it more.
Zandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
Pooh-Bah
 
meleader2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,086
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandry View Post
Well, scans should be about 4-5x faster for most people, and it is multi-threaded, so you can scan multiple poker sites at the same time, and it won't freeze up on you during the scan, so you are able to easily use the software and open tables while scanning.

I also tried to make it easier to find the weakest players and tables with a feature I'm calling "Fish Definitions". It automatically assigns certain player types as "fish" based on their statistics and puts a fish icon next to their name, so you can sort the fishiest players to the top of the player list, and you can sort the table list by how many fish are sitting at the tables (illustrated in the OP screenshot). This makes finding the best tables really fast and easy, and you can adjust the fish definitions to your liking (if you don't like the defaults).

There is also another window you can open by right clicking on a player called "Player Details", that shows you more statistics, and their biggest hands which went to show down.

Another new feature is a filter I made called "My Open Tables" which you can use to scan the tables you have open, which I think is very useful.

You will also find that the PokerStars scan (which uses optical character recognition) reads player names more accurately than other table selection software.

There are a lot of little fail-safes in the program that I put in to try to make it perfect. For example, even though it is selecting tables very quickly, it should never miss the players at a table -- if it does miss the players at a table, which is rare, it will reselect the table and read the players again. There are a lot more little details like this which most people will probably not even notice, but what you should notice is that it works very seamlessly.

I initially created this program for myself and my friends, because I was frustrated with the speed/usability of the other table selection tools. My main goals were to make it as fast as possible, and as easy as possible, but along the way I've added a lot of unique features and tools that I think are very useful, and there are more to come. I could say a lot more, but I would just suggest giving it a try and seeing the differences firsthand.
the bolded part sounds intriguing, i'll have to compare the two.
meleader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
grinder
 
peyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bat Country, Germany
Posts: 451
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

I used it on Party Poker today and its really nice. The scan performance, multi-threaded design and the option to scan multiple sites are great features.

Here are some small (I hope) feature requests:
- let us add color profiles for the fish column
- add an option to open a table with double-click in the case joining waiting list is not applicable
- sometimes a table is not full at the time the scan finished but at the time I double-click it to join the waiting list.
- right now when you double-click on a table the font changes to bold. This is not easy to see for my eyes. Can you set the background to yellow or sth?
- would be nice if there would be a popup over the tray icon when scan is finished. I always do a scan and forget about it.
- on Party Poker, dont change the "Show player info dialog" option when its already checked. This moves the dialog to the top left of the screen if the lobby is minimized.
peyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 460
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

This is great. I downloaded it and am going to test it out in my session. Thanks very much.
Klg0143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
Pooh-Bah
 
DirDirDirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clowning fools
Posts: 3,550
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

It says out of 350+ tables I just scanned that there are 0 known players. Is there something more I have to do besides the initial wizard to sync my HEM database?
DirDirDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

you can just
click on the "Database" menu at the top
then select "Manage Databases"

do you have a database checked as "Active"?

if not you click Add New Database and then do "Get Databases"

did you pick the right database?

my HEM database settings were all default. maybe you have to type your own specific information in.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #14
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 977
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyote View Post
Here are some small (I hope) feature requests:
- let us add color profiles for the fish column
- add an option to open a table with double-click in the case joining waiting list is not applicable
- sometimes a table is not full at the time the scan finished but at the time I double-click it to join the waiting list.
- right now when you double-click on a table the font changes to bold. This is not easy to see for my eyes. Can you set the background to yellow or sth?
- would be nice if there would be a popup over the tray icon when scan is finished. I always do a scan and forget about it.
- on Party Poker, dont change the "Show player info dialog" option when its already checked. This moves the dialog to the top left of the screen if the lobby is minimized.
These are all good ideas, I will try to get them in the next update, the only one I don't understand is how the color profiles in the fish column would work, could you elaborate on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirDirDirty View Post
It says out of 350+ tables I just scanned that there are 0 known players. Is there something more I have to do besides the initial wizard to sync my HEM database?
If you are using a version of HEM that is pre-1.06, it is not supported in this version. I can easily add support to the next update, but it will be a bit slower scan because HEM's database caching was not as good back then.

It's also possible that you have more than one database and you did not select the right Database in the "Name" field of the "Add New Database" dialog.

It's also possible that you don't have your database set to "Active", you can do this in the "Database > Set Active Database" menu. Do you get any errors (in the bottom right above the status panel) when you scan?
Zandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #15
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 55
Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Open Beta)

Just tested this out and indeed it's very fast which is great.
but... sometimes it's too fast.
It will scroll down to the next table and before the player list has refreshed, go to the next one.
Therefore it shows 2 different tables with the exact same players.
(pokerstars)

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablescan.gif

I really do like the speed and double click to join waitlist options

Also a feature request - all other tables selection software I've tried lets you gets stats from multiple databases.
I think your one only works with 1 at a time?

Last edited by DealerMadeMeLose; 06-02-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: pic
DealerMadeMeLose is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive