Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #251
funkyj
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
funkyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working without a 27b/6
Posts: 6,414
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

I cruncher and quizzer!

I just need to say that every now and then! I use both of these program a lot. Most frequently when walking my dog and thinking about poker.
funkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #252
relentless1
stranger
 
relentless1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

For my fellow Android users, I have a clean, simple preflop->turn odds calculator:

http://relentlessly-inaccurate.com/a...s-screen-1.png
http://relentlessly-inaccurate.com/a...s-screen-2.png

Monte Carlo done on server side to minimize CPU usage.

PM me and I'll send you it for free (provided you'll BETA test some android poker apps down the road).
relentless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #253
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Any iPad owners out there yet? New app! - "PokerCruncher for iPad" went live today.

The UI has been reorg'd so that all the important screens are integrated together on one big main screen. This lets you see the overall picture quickly and clearly and also lets you enter cards and ranges faster.

Other things in the iPad version:
- Portrait and landscape orientations.
- All stats and the range equity breakdown heat map update in real time as the calculation progresses. (can't see the heat map update in the iPhone version)
- A few more small features over the iPhone version: hand histogram bars, tap-able range equity breakdown heat map (shows cell info.).
- Higher default number of simulations (2.5 x), thanks to the iPad's faster processor.

I'm biased of course, but imho this app is sexier, cooler, and faster on the iPad's gorgeous screen. And as with the iPhone version it'll get better through updates.

If you try it I'd love to hear feedback, and would be great if you can write a review on iTunes as well to help the app start out.

Some pics below, are also on http://www.pokercruncher.com/ipPokerCruncherIPad.html.

Thanks for your interest and support for the app over the many months.

Basic Hand Range Calculation, Range Editor View:


Basic Hand Range Calculation, Range Equity Breakdown Heat Map View:


Deal-To-Flop, Flop Hit Stats, Odds For Flopping Draws And Combination Draws:


AA Vs. 9 Random Hands, Landscape Orientation:
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:22 AM   #254
funkyj
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
funkyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working without a 27b/6
Posts: 6,414
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

sweet! Finally a good reason to buy an iPad
funkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #255
Y2Dennis
old hand
 
Y2Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: now with 27% less tilt
Posts: 1,269
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

I'm getting a Droid in the next couple months and I'll 100% buy PokerCruncher the day it comes out for Droid. ONE TIME DEALER!
Y2Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #256
Gelford
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Here is a suggestion, add the possibility of dealing a random flop .. in other word, you set up two ranges then deal a random flop, see results.

then deal another random flop, see results .. etc.
Gelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #257
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelford View Post
Here is a suggestion, add the possibility of dealing a random flop .. in other word, you set up two ranges then deal a random flop, see results.

then deal another random flop, see results .. etc.
Can already do this. The "Rnd" button does different things depending on which card is selected (tapped):
* If a player card is selected (tapped), deals random player cards.
* If a flop card is selected (tapped), deals a random flop.
* Similarly for turn and river cards.

This is mentioned in the Help screen but I admit isn't very discoverable on your own. But I went with this overloaded behavior instead of a more explicit popup menu list for speed. You can hit the Rnd button repeatedly without a popup list getting in the way.
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #258
Gelford
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

I just discovered it my own as well (D'oh) ... Great applet ... thumbs up from me and cheap too !
Gelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #259
jkrans
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj999 View Post
Any iPad owners out there yet? New app! - "PokerCruncher for iPad" went live today.

The UI has been reorg'd so that all the important screens are integrated together on one big main screen. This lets you see the overall picture quickly and clearly and also lets you enter cards and ranges faster.

Other things in the iPad version:
- Portrait and landscape orientations.
- All stats and the range equity breakdown heat map update in real time as the calculation progresses. (can't see the heat map update in the iPhone version)
- A few more small features over the iPhone version: hand histogram bars, tap-able range equity breakdown heat map (shows cell info.).
- Higher default number of simulations (2.5 x), thanks to the iPad's faster processor.

I'm biased of course, but imho this app is sexier, cooler, and faster on the iPad's gorgeous screen. And as with the iPhone version it'll get better through updates.

If you try it I'd love to hear feedback, and would be great if you can write a review on iTunes as well to help the app start out.

Some pics below, are also on http://www.pokercruncher.com/ipPokerCruncherIPad.html.

Thanks for your interest and support for the app over the many months.

Basic Hand Range Calculation, Range Editor View:


Basic Hand Range Calculation, Range Equity Breakdown Heat Map View:


Deal-To-Flop, Flop Hit Stats, Odds For Flopping Draws And Combination Draws:


AA Vs. 9 Random Hands, Landscape Orientation:

RJ - Awesome looking app. This will be amazing on the iPad. Is the initial launch sale for the iPad app already over? Seems like it was only on sale for a couple of days.
jkrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #260
jkrans
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

RJ, you're quick I see the app is back on sale. I'll be making a purchase shortly. Thx
jkrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #261
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrans View Post
RJ - Awesome looking app. This will be amazing on the iPad. Is the initial launch sale for the iPad app already over? Seems like it was only on sale for a couple of days.
Thanks! I've been experimenting with 7.99 and 9.99. It's back at 7.99 today. I figured a good chunk of potential iPad version buyers will already have bought the iPhone version, so better to go with the lower price to make it easier to click 'buy' again. Apologies to anyone who bought at 9.99. Who knows, it may be back at 9.99 someday; learning process for me.

If this were a desktop program, I think this can sell for a good amount more than 7.99 or 9.99. But iPad app prices are closer to iPhone app prices than desktop app prices. I'm hoping at either price people will think the iPad version is a good deal for what it does (on that great screen).

Thanks for your message, good to hear.
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #262
DesertCat
I am a Regulator
 
DesertCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13,522
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj999 View Post
Thanks! I've been experimenting with 7.99 and 9.99. It's back at 7.99 today. I figured a good chunk of potential iPad version buyers will already have bought the iPhone version, so better to go with the lower price to make it easier to click 'buy' again. Apologies to anyone who bought at 9.99. Who knows, it may be back at 9.99 someday; learning process for me.

If this were a desktop program, I think this can sell for a good amount more than 7.99 or 9.99. But iPad app prices are closer to iPhone app prices than desktop app prices. I'm hoping at either price people will think the iPad version is a good deal for what it does (on that great screen).

Thanks for your message, good to hear.

I have to pay twice!!???!?! OMFG!?!??!?!!!!!!

Seriously, I had no problems paying another $8 for the iPad version, it's very well worth it, cheap at twice the price. Thanks for the beautiful update that gives me yet another reason to take my iPad to the poker room.
DesertCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #263
99killed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
99killed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,114
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

was sitting at the bar waiting for someone last night. cranked out 3-4 'Random 10' quizzes on Pokerquizzer cos u gotta stay sharp and know the numbers.

serious players w iphones should own these apps imo.
99killed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #264
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCat View Post
I have to pay twice!!???!?! OMFG!?!??!?!!!!!!

Seriously, I had no problems paying another $8 for the iPad version, it's very well worth it, cheap at twice the price. Thanks for the beautiful update that gives me yet another reason to take my iPad to the poker room.
Great! Thanks for your support and advice DC, 99k, funkyj, Crane, and all, on various threads.

I submitted the iPad version's first update yesterday - make the deck's cards and buttons bigger so they're easier to tap (bigger than iPhone version's). Got feedback offline on this.

Re. separate purchases, another way to look at this is, imo App Store prices have been pushed lower than normal due to app competition (but it's hard to define 'normal'). If small/niche developers can't make some bucks from their apps, we'll eventually be pushed off of them and to less fun but more lucrative activities. Many thanks for everyone's support and feedback on this forum.
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #265
ImBroke420
journeyman
 
ImBroke420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Running way below expectation
Posts: 267
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

pretty cool wish i had an i phone tho
ImBroke420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #266
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBroke420 View Post
pretty cool wish i had an i phone tho
Thanks, how about an iPod touch or an iPad if you don't want an iPhone/ATT ? : )

A small update went live today - make the Deal-To feature clearer in the UI.

A customer in Canada sent an email reporting incorrect odds but turns out he had Deal-To-Flop set and didn't notice what this feature does. This has tripped up a lot of people, I think partly because most odds calcs don't have this feature (PokerCruncher has had it from the start for 1.5 years).

I had added things like a one-time alert explaining this feature, but more drastic steps are needed, so added more visual indication in the UI by heavily dimming the non-dealt cards. After clearing this up this customer turned his 1-star iTunes review to a 5-star one on the Canada app store, happy about that.

After many features for well over a year, kind of reaching a fixed point on the iPhone/iPad versions. Can't guarantee Android for reasons discussed before but will consider non-Apple platforms.

rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #267
jjb108
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Retooling at micro-micro stakes
Posts: 752
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Love the app...it does way more than I can handle. 5 stars and left a review for the new update Very nice on the iPad.

Only suggestion would be a simple/advanced UI toggle with some of the more basic stuff in a cleaner layout and then the full package on advanced.

Oh and no export to 2+2?
jjb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #268
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb108 View Post
Love the app...it does way more than I can handle. 5 stars and left a review for the new update Very nice on the iPad.

Only suggestion would be a simple/advanced UI toggle with some of the more basic stuff in a cleaner layout and then the full package on advanced.

Oh and no export to 2+2?
Many thanks for the good iTunes review! (those are harder to get; much easier to post on forum looks like) Helps the app a lot.

Re. simple/advanced UI toggle - I see, no need to be bothered by the hand range views if you're not using them, making it possible to use larger cards / buttons / full deck. I'll put it on the list but won't promise it yet - is a good amount of UI work. Of course if more votes come in for this, will move to top of the list.

Re. export - You can do Menu->ViewHandText&Export and send the hand text results to your email. You can also export a hand range's text and range breakdown heat map details. If you want a pic you can take a screenshot by holding down the Center (Home) button of the device and pressing the Sleep/Wake (On/Off) button on the top of the device simultaneously.

Thanks for your UI suggestion and good feedback.
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #269
hoog
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Hey!

The app looks really really cool rj, great job man..

I havent had the time to read thrue the whole thread but is there anyway i could get this into an Android mobile instead of Iphone?
And is this woking for ipad? if not.. will it work in ipad or & android phones later?

Thanks
hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #270
rj999
grinder
 
rj999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 402
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog View Post
Hey!

The app looks really really cool rj, great job man..

I havent had the time to read thrue the whole thread but is there anyway i could get this into an Android mobile instead of Iphone?
And is this woking for ipad? if not.. will it work in ipad or & android phones later?

Thanks
Thanks! There's already an iPad version. See:

http://www.pokercruncher.com

Re. Android, still no plans. Imo it's not easy to support an army of devices.
rj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #271
whysoawful
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 465
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Plz update for Android another vote here... I think you'll find google checkout/app market not as hard as you might fear. I understand and love how you're dedicated to keeping it up to date, fixing, but the android based market is without something similar to this or even a mobile pokerstove.
whysoawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #272
hoog
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj999 View Post
Thanks! There's already an iPad version. See:

http://www.pokercruncher.com

Re. Android, still no plans. Imo it's not easy to support an army of devices.

Allright, sweet!

sucky really would loove to have this on my android!

Keep up the good work!
hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #273
Crane
old hand
 
Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,223
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog View Post

I havent had the time to read thrue the whole thread...
Blasphemy!
Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #274
keylimepie
adept
 
keylimepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: bye-bye
Posts: 996
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

I love this app!
Thank you!
keylimepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #275
whysoawful
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 465
Re: New iPhone app PokerCruncher (hand ranges odds calculator)

Does anyone know of something like this or a pokerstove type "range" on android? There are so many apps to wade through but most seem to be just flat % odds with no range input available.
whysoawful is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online