Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #51
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
OK, I will try it on my desktop that has 16gb. I don't need to change the -xms value, right?
Great, that should be enough, atleast as of todays update where some optimizations were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
so, thinking of ways to make the omaha outputs a little friendlier, it would be nice for instance in the following sim http://i.imgur.com/egxI6S3.png if I had the option to group all 88xx/84xx/44xx hands together since they make up so much of the obvious raise range, it would make it easier to identify the other hands quickly

and maybe it doesn't c/r all 44 combos, but you could put in parenthesis how often it does
-44xx (90%)
I will consider some kind of simple view where hands are merged further for a better overview. You could filter on something like !(PPT syntax of obvious hands), however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
I am trying to use Pokerjuice ranges in odds oracle format, but monkersolver is not accepting them. Example:

15% 3b
any ideas?
The $macros do not work. I'll add them, in the meantime you can translate them manually here: http://www.propokertools.com/oracle_help/range_of_hands

Also, there are no different % rankings for 6h and HU, so 20%6h will not work. 20% will likely not correspond exactly to 20% in PPT either.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #52
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

OK, I swapped out the $ macros and removed % rankings, but I am getting a 3% range from monkersolver

Quote:
(*!RRR:2%, AAxxy,JT+), KKxxy,AQ), QQ:xxyy, JJ:xxyy, AK!RRxxyy,xxy:14%), Axxy!RRxxyy:15%,xxy:15%), *!RR![6-]xxyy,xxy:18%), OORR, (AKQJ-):60%, (AKQT-,AKJT,AQJT)xxyy:55%,xxyz:55%,xxy:45%), (AQT9-, AKJ9-, AQJ9-)xxyy:40%,xxyz:30%,xxy:25%), (AKJ8-, AQ98-, AQJ8-)xxyy:30%,xxyz:25%,xxy:15%), (KQJ-,KQT-,KJT-)!RRxxyy:20%,Axxyy:20%), (KQ9-,KJ9-)!RRxxyy:20%,Axxyy:20%), (4556+,4456+,6654+)xxyy:30%,xxyz:24%), (3556+,4457+,4476+,4463+,6643+,6653+)xxyy:24%,xx yz:20%))!RRR
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #53
TooCuriousso1
#TeamUSA
 
TooCuriousso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: @TCfromUB
Posts: 4,970
Re: MonkerSolver

Hi,

recently purchased the solver. I am getting an error: out of memory message when I start the sim for a 3 handed 10bb holdem sim, with a minrasie btn option, an iso option for each of the blinds, and a .5pot betsize all nodes postflop. I am not getting the error message when I do a 100bb sim with ample betsize options. My machine has plenty of RAM. I also tried setting -Xmx6g to 8g. Any ideas?

Another question, I'm still unclear how to load solutions into the viewer. I made a folder named ranges in a folder where Monkerviewer is location. Under local in the viewer it shows the sim but nothing loads.

Ty
TooCuriousso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #54
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

you have 8gb RAM or more? if you have more, set -xmx to whatever youve got
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #55
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

I wish it wouldn't stop showing relevant suits on rivers when the flush misses like here

http://i.imgur.com/2gZWEKe.png
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #56
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
OK, I swapped out the $ macros and removed % rankings, but I am getting a 3% range from monkersolver
Should be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
Hi,

recently purchased the solver. I am getting an error: out of memory message when I start the sim for a 3 handed 10bb holdem sim, with a minrasie btn option, an iso option for each of the blinds, and a .5pot betsize all nodes postflop. I am not getting the error message when I do a 100bb sim with ample betsize options. My machine has plenty of RAM. I also tried setting -Xmx6g to 8g. Any ideas?
What does the RAM estimate available in the setting tab say about the tree? I suppose with btn limp, it could exceed 8gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
Another question, I'm still unclear how to load solutions into the viewer. I made a folder named ranges in a folder where Monkerviewer is location. Under local in the viewer it shows the sim but nothing loads.
The subfolder structure need to remain as exported from the solver. The easiest way is to just move the MonkerViewer.exe to the MonkerSolver folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
I wish it wouldn't stop showing relevant suits on rivers when the flush misses like here

http://i.imgur.com/2gZWEKe.png
This is a concession that is being made (read more here)

I'm looking to add a setting for this, but it will increase the size of the trees considerably, with probably little effect on streets other than the river.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #57
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

I understand. Thanks for all the quick updates.
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #58
TooCuriousso1
#TeamUSA
 
TooCuriousso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: @TCfromUB
Posts: 4,970
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkerWare View Post
What does the RAM estimate available in the setting tab say about the tree? I suppose with btn limp, it could exceed 8gb.


The subfolder structure need to remain as exported from the solver. The easiest way is to just move the MonkerViewer.exe to the MonkerSolver folder.
-ah, it was saying 11.16GB with btn limp. 5GB with it removed. its running now. can you quantify run time or iterations in terms of sim size (say per 5GB). I.e if I have a 5GB PF sim, how many iterations should I generally go for?


Still doing something incorrectly with the viewer, see below. I pasted the folder from saved runs into ranges.





TooCuriousso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #59
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
-ah, it was saying 11.16GB with btn limp. 5GB with it removed. its running now. can you quantify run time or iterations in terms of sim size (say per 5GB). I.e if I have a 5GB PF sim, how many iterations should I generally go for?
You probably want around 10-20 billion iterations. Use the reset average after the first half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
Still doing something incorrectly with the viewer, see below. I pasted the folder from saved runs into ranges.
Right, the "save run" is only for monkersolver. Load it back into the solver and then right-click the result table when viewing any preflop node and choose "Save tree as ranges" to save the preflop ranges in monkerviewer format.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #60
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

what do you think about if you add a betsize to all postflop nodes, it does not add donk bets unless specified?
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #61
Mindead
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,030
Re: MonkerSolver

Does this software generate OR ranges for all 6max positions based on equilibrium?

What does that ranges look like, they naturally take playability into account?

Also are this ranges exportables so for example, being possible to analyze with pro poker tool range explorer?

Thanks in advanced
Mindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #62
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 680
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkerWare View Post
This is a concession that is being made (read more here)

I'm looking to add a setting for this, but it will increase the size of the trees considerably, with probably little effect on streets other than the river.
Would it be possible to re-solve rivers to take into account missed flush draws as a sort of compromise?

So as an example, a full tree would ignore suits that are not flushes on the river. This would be used for solving anything from flop or turn on. However, after navigating to the river, MonkerSolver could then re-solve and take into account missed flushes.

I believe PioSolver does something similar where it re-solves the river on the fly. It does this with smaller save files so people don't have to save the entire tree.

Something like this might be a viable option.
Antidote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #63
tobakudan
grinder
 
tobakudan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Japan
Posts: 436
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
I believe PioSolver does something similar where it re-solves the river on the fly. It does this with smaller save files so people don't have to save the entire tree.

Something like this might be a viable option.
Yes. PioSolver also has a function called "create subtree configuration" where the ranges and bet sizing settings on the current street are copied to the configuration tab so that you can recalculate turns/rivers more accurately after calculating from preflop/flop. So I agree that this would be a great idea to implement, especially given that abstractions are used, as Antidote pointed out.
tobakudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #64
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

Is there any way to have the ram estimate for omaha preflop?
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #65
TooCuriousso1
#TeamUSA
 
TooCuriousso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: @TCfromUB
Posts: 4,970
Re: MonkerSolver

ran a PF plo sim last night, it said it was roughly 7GB in size. midway during the turn creating of tables it crashed and said out of memory. my machine has 24GB and currently running at ~30% so I'd expect it had at least 12-16GB available last night.
any ideas?

at this rate I'm probably going to want to move this to a cloud computer so I can run bigger sims and not worry about it running out of memory. I cant remember what it said about # of computer limitations. Is it setup to do this?
TooCuriousso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:01 AM   #66
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
at this rate I'm probably going to want to move this to a cloud computer so I can run bigger sims and not worry about it running out of memory. I cant remember what it said about # of computer limitations. Is it setup to do this?
Yeah, that's an interesting idea.

My experience so far with PLO sims is that with 16GB, you are limited to basic flops sims, and preflop forget about it. I would like to see how much is required before either upgrading hardware or going another route...
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 AM   #67
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
what do you think about if you add a betsize to all postflop nodes, it does not add donk bets unless specified?
I'll consider adding a way to create your own quickfilters (adding to all postflop nodes w/o donk is just custom filter->check pre and donkbets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindead View Post
Does this software generate OR ranges for all 6max positions based on equilibrium?

What does that ranges look like, they naturally take playability into account?

Also are this ranges exportables so for example, being possible to analyze with pro poker tool range explorer?

Thanks in advanced
In case OR means open raises, yes, if you have to RAM to solve such a tree, which would probably be ~100gb.
I'm not sure what the definition of playability is.
It should be possible to export the ranges to PPT, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
Would it be possible to re-solve rivers to take into account missed flush draws as a sort of compromise?
Good idea. That should be possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
Is there any way to have the ram estimate for omaha preflop?
There is one, which should be fairly accurate. However, it does not take into account creating the omaha tables, which only needs to be done once and requires around 15g RAM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCuriousso1 View Post
ran a PF plo sim last night, it said it was roughly 7GB in size. midway during the turn creating of tables it crashed and said out of memory. my machine has 24GB and currently running at ~30% so I'd expect it had at least 12-16GB available last night.
any ideas?

at this rate I'm probably going to want to move this to a cloud computer so I can run bigger sims and not worry about it running out of memory. I cant remember what it said about # of computer limitations. Is it setup to do this?
As in the answer above, creating the omaha tables requires around 15g. It's possible you ran short just barely. Please try to free up most memory some night and generate the tables with atleast -Xmx15g set.
You may run the program on a cloud if you wish, yes.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #68
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
There is one, which should be fairly accurate. However, it does not take into account creating the omaha tables, which only needs to be done once and requires around 15g RAM.
I have created the tables, but it doesn't have the estimate ram button in the settings anymore http://imgur.com/a/JfJTV
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #69
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
I have created the tables, but it doesn't have the estimate ram button in the settings anymore http://imgur.com/a/JfJTV
There's no button when the tree is preflop, the estimate is instantly available. It's in between the parentheses, "Abstraction (5.529 GB)".
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #70
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,088
Re: MonkerSolver

ty
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #71
TriggerHappyTray
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkerWare View Post
It should be possible to export the ranges to PPT, yes.
How do you export the ranges to PPT? I'd like to do this so that I can analyze them away from MonkerWare. If I right-click "Save tree as ranges" nothing happens.

I'm talking about post flop ranges.

Thanks
TriggerHappyTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #72
markoolio
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Re: MonkerSolver

I can see there is a new convergence value while solving, how far from 0 it should get to consider preflop ranges solid? In headsup trees is there direct link between the convergence value and exploitability used in other commercial solvers? (I mean a formula to estimate exploitability from convergence value)
markoolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #73
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 51
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyTray View Post
How do you export the ranges to PPT? I'd like to do this so that I can analyze them away from MonkerWare. If I right-click "Save tree as ranges" nothing happens.

I'm talking about post flop ranges.

Thanks
Click the result table header, which reads something like "CALL (50%)" to export the call range. You will find the file in the "ranges" folder. I realized however that this exports the ranges with decimal weighing, which I believe is not supported in PPT. This has been fixed in the latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoolio View Post
I can see there is a new convergence value while solving, how far from 0 it should get to consider preflop ranges solid? In headsup trees is there direct link between the convergence value and exploitability used in other commercial solvers? (I mean a formula to estimate exploitability from convergence value)
The convergence value was not accurate and accidently slipped through one update. It is removed and still work in progress.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:17 AM   #74
TriggerHappyTray
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkerWare View Post
Click the result table header, which reads something like "CALL (50%)" to export the call range. You will find the file in the "ranges" folder. I realized however that this exports the ranges with decimal weighing, which I believe is not supported in PPT. This has been fixed in the latest version.
Is it only the full version that's been updated? Can't seem to find any update for the free one?
TriggerHappyTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:57 AM   #75
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 680
Re: MonkerSolver

Minor suggestion. Can you add the date next to each update number after MonkerSolver updates?

When MonkerSolver auto-updates and I see the entire list of updates, I'm often unsure which ones are new.
Antidote is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online